Lessons to be learned from the Karr episode

Hyatt

Reaction score
You can't trust the media as far as you can throw it. The quantity of false information, SOME of which was sooner or later retracted, was staggering. And now today, most channels were discussing Karr being arrested for public mischief and many want HIM charged for the money spent on this wild goose chase whereas he was hiding from both the media and LE until the Keystone Cops travelled across the world to arrest him, courtesy of the brilliant investigative minds of Tracey and Smit.

Secondly, I have a little question for the IDI theorists who believed Karr was guilty, including Smit. What was that about a "rush to judgment" on the part of those who thought one of the Ramseys was responsible for the death? Are we to gather that it is okay to rush to judgment regarding anyone on whom the Keystone Cops have NOTHING but it is NOT okay to ever have suspected the three people who were in the house with that girl?

So .... I surmise that the "rush to judgment" accusation is a lot of baloney that has just lost all its credibility and should be laid to rest.

And from the e-mails, I also learned that John Ramsey is NOT particularly interested in being contacted by ANY intruder claiming responsibility, even those his favorite investigator Smit is suspicious about. Hmmmmm wonder why that is? Wonder why Ramsey appears to be the only person on the planet whose curiosity was NOT piqued by Karr.

JMO

P.S. Oh yeah I forgot another one. We have now learned what the Keystone Cops' "fresh look at this case", much lauded by team Ramsey, yields. :rolleyes: It's a new and improved approach called "Arrest Now, Investigate Later" as opposed to the old Boulder approach "Investigate ad infinitum, Never Arrest & Apologize to the prime suspects that you insulted them with your suspicions, while feeding all the evidence to their lawyers"

JMO JMO

Sorry but just though of another one - I learned soooooo much here, lol

Tracey and Lacy (It rhymes! - must be divine intervention that put them together) have the IQ of a radish.

JMO

It's interesting to see people discounting the media about John Karr but then quickly believing the same accounts that say John Ramsey is leaving the country. Where did we hear this again?

If John Ramsey did it, or Patsy did it, wouldn't it be smart for him to mount a public offense towards John Karr? You know, to move suspicion off of his family?

I'd particularly like to hear from those who were certain John Ramsey paid John Karr to take the fall.

LoneDuck said:
If John Ramsey did it, or Patsy did it, wouldn't it be smart for him to mount a public offense towards John Karr? You know, to move suspicion off of his family?

Not when you already know that his DNA isn't going to match and that his alibi will be proven.

LoneDuck said:
It's interesting to see people discounting the media about John Karr but then quickly believing the same accounts that say John Ramsey is leaving the country. Where did we hear this again?

Personally, I couldn't care less where JR goes.

No, it would be smarter to let your friends, lawyers and private investigators do it for you and then go on TV and make a self-righteous statement about not jumping to conclusions, when you have been privvy to some of the most shocking text any father is likely to read about his daughter, written by the guy you are defending.

I'd particularly like to hear from those who were certain John Ramsey paid John Karr to take the fall.

Well, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. However, beyond money, let's face it: the Pro-Ramsey "Professor" did no small amount of entrapment here, both during his drinking binges and beyond them
The media was highly irresponsible here. It did not check out its facts. Mass media means that if the first guy gets it wrong, the rest all chime in quickly with the same mistake, lest they should appear out of the loop by waiting to check out THEIR OWN information. It's a disgrace. I saw it on the Michael Jackson trial on a daily basis. Anyone who did not read the trial transcripts and depended on the media and their investigative reporters and legal analysts has NO CLUE about the evidence in that case nor why the jury reached the verdict that it did.

JMO

Not when you already know that his DNA isn't going to match and that his alibi will be proven.
You're John Ramsey and (to many people here) you're guilty of killing your daughter, or you know your wife did it yadda, yadda, yadda. Wouldn't you want to get someone, anyone into the suspect chair? Obviously you know they didn't do it, but wouldn't you jump on the This Guy Did It bandwagon? It creates a diversion, no? And if he had the big bucks to pay off DAs, police, etc, wouldn't he pay off John Mark Karr? Or did that little point get lost when the DA failed to lie about the DNA?

No, it would be smarter to let your friends, lawyers and private investigators do it for you and then go on TV and make a self-righteous statement about not jumping to conclusions, when you have been privvy to some of the most shocking text any father is likely to read about his daughter, written by the guy you are defending.
Again, what does he have to gain if he knows he did it, has someone pop up who says he was "kind of" there, and says, "Let's wait for the evidence." If you did it, wouldn't you hope to have someone else sent to jail for the crime? Wouldn't you take the stance of "Let this man FRY for the death of my daughter!" Did John Ramsey suddenly grow enough of a conscience to not let another man pay for the crime, but yet not have enough of a spine to confess?

Well, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. However, beyond money, let's face it: the Pro-Ramsey "Professor" did no small amount of entrapment here, both during his drinking binges and beyond them
And...the entrapment didn't pay off. Tracey wasn't there that night. He can only go on evidence and his gut feeling like many of you are going on. Is it entrapment if Tracy honestly thought Karr did it based on the "creepy" emails? Are those of you lying when you say the Ramsey's did it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back