In Defense of Mary Lacy

FactorFiction

Reaction score
Don't be so hard on the BDA, she followed the evidence that was given in good faith. Its always better to err on the side of caution than to dismiss anything that doesn't fit the mold. She was faced with a very sick individual who was spewing some of the most vilest filth ever to come out of another human being. She was also dealing with Thailand and one of the reasons the BDA sent their investigators was actually for the protection of Karr. I've had several family members serve in Thailand and their police officials don't behave the way ours do. If US officials weren't there, they probably would have tortured him till he died. Not that he doesn't deserve that but if there was the potential that he had info about JBR then it would have been lost. She got him back to the States, where there could be no possibility of coercion that existed in Thailand. I really don't believe his statements in Thailand were not coerced. She examined the evidence and cut him loose. Unlike the Durham DA, she didn't drag the case out.

Some good things have come out of this...
1. JBR is back in the news
2. The case isn't dead and it puts pressure on the actual killer
3. People are talking

The BDA has saved other little children by letting the public and those who hire teachers, see the face of a pedophile. She was being thorough and cautious by investigating a suspect who was full of convincing, sexual details about the murder. Because the suspect was in a foreign county, the press got hold of the it and blew the investigation up into something it wasn't. The DA asked everyone not to jump to conclusions. I don't understand why this investigator is now being vilified for doing her job. Should she had just let it go?

dolly1 said:
The BDA has saved other little children by letting the public and those who hire teachers, see the face of a pedophile. She was being thorough and cautious by investigating a suspect who was full of convincing, sexual details about the murder. Because the suspect was in a foreign county, the press got hold of the it and blew the investigation up into something it wasn't. The DA asked everyone not to jump to conclusions. I don't understand why this investigator is now being vilified for doing her job. Should she had just let it go?

No, she couldn't do that, imo. I read about half of the emails between Karr and Tracey last night and they were being passed on. They could not be ignored. He sounds very believable.

Press conference with Mary Lacy on TV now - MSNBC

Doing her job?

Is her job to waste taxpayers money for no good reason but certain delusional and fame-inspired professor?

If He was a danger for the children of Thailand she should have inform the authorities there and then get him arrested and take a DNA sample.

She has no regard for due management, diligence and tax payers money.

Anyone familiar with this case knows this suspect was a no-go!

She must resign, and must resign before she further hurts that community she so deeply fails to serve.

I think she missed her calling....seems very much like a primary school teacher. Way in over her head with this crime stuff.

twinkiesmom said:
I think she missed her calling....seems very much like a primary school teacher. Way in over her head with this crime stuff.

oh my twinkie, i agree!!!....she's getting 'drilled' right now...

She's still talking: They got that guy here with NOTHING but his own email which had NOTHING everyone didn't knew already.

She is telling now they checked his financials, checks, credit cards and all that AFTER he was arrested.

She must resign.

Pedro said:
She's still talking: They got that guy here with NOTHING but his own email which had NOTHING everyone didn't knew already.

She is telling now they checked his financials, checks, credit cards and all that AFTER he was arrested.

She must resign.

Ditto.........

Pedro said:

She must resign.

i think we'll hear about her resignation, not long from now...

I'm shocked at what an idiot this woman appears to be - does she have ANY grasp of this case?

Pedro said:

She must resign.

Anyone know the financial tally yet?? How much did this whole ordeal cost Boulder and the rest of us???????? Couldn't have been cheap. It's a shame for anyone to end their career with such a stunt, but Lacy should have known better.

Didn't Mary Lacey go to the funeral of the prime suspect in this case? She has ignored the detective's opinions and evidence, because she wanted to follow her own path. She has an agenda, and prejudices.

s_finch said:
Anyone know the financial tally yet?? How much did this whole ordeal cost Boulder and the rest of us???????? Couldn't have been cheap. It's a shame for anyone to end their career with such a stunt, but Lacy should have known better.

i haven't read/heard yet.....

That fire alarm that went off during the press conference was for Lacy's career going down in flames.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back