So, what happens now? Q&A

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Ok, so the DNA didn't match, so does that mean, 100%, fer sure JMK did not kill her?

Next, what happens to this lunatic now?

Can he be charged with anything?

Can he be committed? He is obviously a nut case.

Isn't it odd that if he was a pedofile, as he certianly sounds like one, not one child or anyone for that matter hasn't stepped up to say he has done something to him/her?

Is there a way to keep this nutso off the streets?

What is he facing in CA, anything? How long can he serve if he is being charged with something back there?

Do any of you think he does have secret info and may be able to lead authorities to her real killer?

What about the snuff video theory?

I also read, and got sidetracked and can't find it now, something about a pedofile ring in Boulder? (help me out here, someone posted 'search this name' and it had a ladies name I believe? Anyone?

For those IDI's, who is it?

Hi Christine, yes what should be done with JMK now?
How about I send you some emails talking about how he abused me many years ago, you can then arrange to tape a few conversations with me and then we'll forward all the info to the authorities. Let's think about which place we want this to have happened in hmmmm what state would be nice to visit in the fall? :)

All kidding aside, I think the only thing that will happen now is Boulder will let California have him to face the charges on child *advertiser censored* he skipped out on earlier.
I know many people are upset about this whole charade, but the worst thing to happen was what JMK did to his own children, they are teenagers now and I doubt they will be able to survive all this without some damage!

OB

Would Mary Lacy have any obligation or inclination to run his DNA through CODIS, and if so, did she find anything linking his DNA to other crimes?

The California warrant was enough to bring him back from Thailand. Boulder didn't even need to get involved until he was already back in the States. Just more disfunction from that city.

lighthouselover said:
Would Mary Lacy have any obligation or inclination to run his DNA through CODIS, and if so, did she find anything linking his DNA to other crimes?
Hiya lighthouse, I thought I had read somewhere that was already done and no matches. I think I read it today, let me try and find a link :)

christine2448 said:
Hiya lighthouse, I thought I had read somewhere that was already done and no matches. I think I read it today, let me try and find a link :)
Thank you Christine! You gotta figure if there had been any matches, LE from across the country (and the world) would have been lining up to get their guy.

I would think that Karr is/will be heading back to California. As to what will happen to the JBR case, it will go back into the cold case files.

Jeana (DP) said:
The California warrant was enough to bring him back from Thailand. Boulder didn't even need to get involved until he was already back in the States. Just more disfunction from that city.
This is not the first time I've seen this posted. However, does Thailand have any obligation to arrest someone from another country based on a warrant not directly under their own jurisdiction?

Seeker said:
This is not the first time I've seen this posted. However, does Thailand have any obligation to arrest someone from another country based on a warrant not directly under their own jurisdiction?

They did it on the Boulder warrant. Warrants don't expire. The California warrant was still and is still in effect. I don't think they have any problems helping us out as long as the prisoner won't come back to face execution. I think that's what other countries have their problem with.

Seeker said:
Yes, if the United States has an extradition treaty with Thailand. Not sure if they do or not, but I assume they do.

There's all sorts of exceptions to the treaties, of course (there are usually requirements that have to be met: seriousness of crime, the act committed is a crime in both countries, and so on. Some countries won't turn over suspects who face the death penalty for their crimes, most countries won't turn over their own citizens to a foreign country to stand trial, etc.)

Karen

Seriousness of crime might have been an issue - he's only up against a misdemeanor (I still don't get that!) in California.

Details said:
Seriousness of crime might have been an issue - he's only up against a misdemeanor (I still don't get that!) in California.
According to Beth Karas - reading from the CA statute, the misdemeanor is possession of child *advertiser censored*. Actual production and desemination would be a felony.

This is just a travesty. Assuming he's turned over to California authorities and tried for the misdemeanor offenses here, his jail sentence, if any, will be short. So he's let loose to fantasize about (or God forbid, molest) another child?

Jeana (DP) said:
They did it on the Boulder warrant. Warrants don't expire. The California warrant was still and is still in effect. I don't think they have any problems helping us out as long as the prisoner won't come back to face execution. I think that's what other countries have their problem with.
That's correct Jeana. here in Canada, we don't have the DP. That's why it took so long to extradite Charles Ng when he was captured in Canada.

Really, he's just a very deranged guy. From those emails to Tracy, he seems to have realized that he had a nervous breakdown, but can't tell fact from delusion.
I just hope and pray that the ambulance chasing lawyers aren't trying to concoct some kind of lawsuit againt LE for bringing him back to the US illegally on some tecnicality, or defamation of character (!!) or some other trumped up way to make money off this whole dumb thing...

sandraladeda said:
That's correct Jeana. here in Canada, we don't have the DP. That's why it took so long to extradite Charles Ng when he was captured in Canada.

For all the good it did. That fat pig is STILL on death row - his trial was the longest and most costly for California in its history.

Jeana (DP) said:
For all the good it did. That fat pig is STILL on death row - his trial was the longest and most costly for California in its history.
Well at least he's not torturing and killing young men anymore....but you are right - there's little point to a DP where the condemned is most likely to die of old age....

sandraladeda said:
Well at least he's not torturing and killing young men anymore....but you are right - there's little point to a DP where the condemned is most likely to die of old age....

He killed men, women and babies. He didn't care who it was. You know I'm all for the death penalty. But if a state isn't going to use it, take it off the freaking table.

christine2448 said:
Ok, so the DNA didn't match, so does that mean, 100%, fer sure JMK did not kill her?

Next, what happens to this lunatic now?

Can he be charged with anything?

Can he be committed? He is obviously a nut case.

Isn't it odd that if he was a pedofile, as he certianly sounds like one, not one child or anyone for that matter hasn't stepped up to say he has done something to him/her?

Is there a way to keep this nutso off the streets?

What is he facing in CA, anything? How long can he serve if he is being charged with something back there?

Do any of you think he does have secret info and may be able to lead authorities to her real killer?

What about the snuff video theory?

I also read, and got sidetracked and can't find it now, something about a pedofile ring in Boulder? (help me out here, someone posted 'search this name' and it had a ladies name I believe? Anyone?

For those IDI's, who is it?

He was released on his own recog. in CA, but skipped town/left the country. Aren't there some charges for that? Fugitive from Justice or something similar?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back