If Karr was innocent....

Dark Knight

Reaction score
....I was sort of hoping/thinking that maybe the real killer, especially if it was a family member, would come out and confess to avoid sending someone they knew was innocent to jail. No such luck, though. Maybe if they drug Karr through the process a while longer, someone would have broken?

Dark Knight said:
....I was sort of hoping/thinking that maybe the real killer, especially if it was a family member, would come out and confess to avoid sending someone they knew was innocent to jail. No such luck, though. Maybe if they drug Karr through the process a while longer, someone would have broken?
I doubt it. The real killer has held this to their chest for a very long time. The real killer does not care if someone goes to jail in his/her steed because, first and foremost, the real killer does not want to get caught.

Karr knew his DNA wouldn't match - in fact, he said there probably wouldn't be a match. I wonder what he would have done if the DA had just said it was a match. I'll bet he would have changed his tune and fast! I doubt the guilty party would come forth to save an innocent person, if they can do that to a child.

Dark Knight said:

Nope. Wasn't gonna happen and never will. Patsy can no longer confess and John? Last I heard he would never speak to the media again and he was heading out of the country. ;)

:blowkiss: Dark Knight The above is just my opinion of course.

jubie said:
Nope. Wasn't gonna happen and never will. Patsy can no longer confess and John? Last I heard he would never speak to the media again and he was heading out of the country. ;)

:blowkiss: Dark Knight The above is just my opinion of course.
I guess I was primarily hoping John would come out and say something, especially if he knew it was Patsy, who can no longer go to jail. Maybe it wasn't her. Dunno.

Dark Knight said:
I guess I was primarily hoping John would come out and say something, especially if he knew it was Patsy, who can no longer go to jail. Maybe it wasn't her. Dunno.
You know if John Ramsey was involved, there is no way he is going to come clean - even after his wife's death. If he's involved, most of the last ten years of his life has been devoted to a cover-up of the highest order. I think he'll ride that wave to the grave.

Scumdogs of the Universe... which is the title of an album by the rock band, Gwar.

Far be it from me to use the term to describe the Ramseys and their lawyer, Lin Wood.

I never knew anybody who thought Karr was guilty. Anybody. We simply couldn't believe that the DA's office could even bring this under the spotlight without some kind of solid evidence. But they did.

While Karr and Ramsey will be under close scrutiny for some time to come, for now, we are back to the JonBenet case officially being a 'mystery'. Yep... Gee, who coulda done it, y'all?

I have always tended to agree that this is a case of money talks, and a poor couple would have been hauled through the mill a thousand times, and not been pampered and humored and allowed to get away with an infinity of questionable comments and actions.

What was the song now... "If you're 100% sure John Ramsey is innocent, clap your hands..."

(Dead silence)

My point exactly.

Karr is well on his way to his first million. Lin Wood has just made another packet.

Do not adjust your set...

Dark Knight said:
If Patsy did it, John wouldn't confess. He has too much at stake after 10 years of insisting that they've been unfairly accused.

Also, he could be still be tried and convicted of Obstruction of Justice and with the high profile in this case, he'd get a stiff jail sentence. Can you imagine JR in jail?

Bronte Nut said:
Scumdogs of the Universe... which is the title of an album by the rock band, Gwar.

Far be it from me to use the term to describe the Ramseys and their lawyer, Lin Wood.

I never knew anybody who thought Karr was guilty. Anybody. We simply couldn't believe that the DA's office could even bring this under the spotlight without some kind of solid evidence. But they did.

While Karr and Ramsey will be under close scrutiny for some time to come, for now, we are back to the JonBenet case officially being a 'mystery'. Yep... Gee, who coulda done it, y'all?

I have always tended to agree that this is a case of money talks, and a poor couple would have been hauled through the mill a thousand times, and not been pampered and humored and allowed to get away with an infinity of questionable comments and actions.

What was the song now... "If you're 100% sure John Ramsey is innocent, clap your hands..."

(Dead silence)

My point exactly.

Karr is well on his way to his first million. Lin Wood has just made another packet.

Do not adjust your set...
I cannot argue with anyone who quotes Gwar, LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just walked by the TV where some person was theorizing that the real killer's mind might be "twisted" by the thought of someone else (Karr) getting all the attention and fame for HIS crime. I don't think this is a typical killer, though. That would be more of a serial killer, whereas this was a more specific crime, I think.

Dark Knight said:
Just walked by the TV where some person was theorizing that the real killer's mind might be "twisted" by the thought of someone else (Karr) getting all the attention and fame for HIS crime. I don't think this is a typical killer, though. That would be more of a serial killer, whereas this was a more specific crime, I think.
You make a good point, Dark Knight. I agree that a certain TYPE of perp would not want anyone else taking the credit and that could lead to some spilling of the beans. But I don't think a serial killer got to JBR. This crime has always felt tremendously personal in nature.

If Karrs family had said he went missing that christmas do you think he would still be under suspicion even though the DNA didn't match? I think he would be still arrested. I dont think it was just the dna.

I personally do think it was worth bringing him in to check all this stuff out with the evidence they had on him - he could have been the killer.

The thing that pauzzles me the most is that the killer was so careful with dna and evidence - yet wrote such a goofy ransom letter. The whole case is just so bizarre.

southcitymom said:
You make a good point, Dark Knight. I agree that a certain TYPE of perp would not want anyone else taking the credit and that could lead to some spilling of the beans. But I don't think a serial killer got to JBR. This crime has always felt tremendously personal in nature.
Yeah, this was very specific and personal. Sure wish the Karr situation would have flushed someone out, though, somehow.

I half expect the DA to just give up and say, "I've decided this was just a very elaborate suicide, case closed!" lol :doh:

lily said:
If Karrs family had said he went missing that christmas do you think he would still be under suspicion even though the DNA didn't match? I think he would be still arrested. I dont think it was just the dna.

I personally do think it was worth bringing him in to check all this stuff out with the evidence they had on him - he could have been the killer.

The thing that pauzzles me the most is that the killer was so careful with dna and evidence - yet wrote such a goofy ransom letter. The whole case is just so bizarre.
I think your last point is why some people theorize there were 2 people involved.

Dark Knight said:

How very sweet of you Dark Knight, to think that people have a conscience and they will tell the truth in the end. John Ramsey will be another that will take this secret to the grave, sorry to say. We can't see how people can live with themselves but some can, very sad.

If the Rs are guilty, and I certainly lean that way, they were very quick to toss their own friends under the bus, as the saying goes. If they have no compunction about fingering their own friends, I doubt that JR would give a rats a$$ about saving Karr or anyone else's butt...

imho

Yep, Dark Knight and Lily, the William-Burroughs-on-acid ransom note and the seeming clinical approach to leaving evidential DNA don't tie up, unless, as you say, there were two or more people involved.

Karr was observably a nut job, and in my opinion, the Ramseys were both observably nut jobs. There is no way this case can ever have a logical or truly satisfying conclusion.

There was enough of a doubt hanging over the Ramseys to hold them in custody and work on them individually. Their stories stank, their attituide towards the investigation stank.

They remained free.

How many beans make five? Clue: The answer is between 4 and 6.

I think it was the Red Queen from Alice In Wonderland who talked about believing as many as six impossible things before breakfast...

Perhaps she would have bought the Ramseys' innocence?

I don't.

There's a special place in Hell for the killers of children, whoever they may be.

And The Devil doesn't respond to masonic handshakes... hypothetically speaking...

lily said:

He said he wrote the goofy ransom letter on purpose, to make a confusing false trail.

Dark Knight said:
I think your last point is why some people theorize there were 2 people involved.
The two people involved are discussed by Karr in his emails - he has a dark male side and a good female side. He admits in a phone call to having multiple personalities. The good female side loves little girls and would never hurt them; the evil monster who molests children is his male side. And it's no wonder he wants to kill that male side by becoming a female. He planned to become a woman within 2 years and disappear in Europe.

aspidistra said:
He said he wrote the goofy ransom letter on purpose, to make a confusing false trail.
He also said that he wrote it with his left hand which may or may not explain the crookedness of the letters. I said this on another thread, but in the arrest warrant he says that he would only divulge one word that JonBenet said and that was "Mom". If he did this, maybe he was dressed in Patsy Ramsey's clothes and wrote the ransom note appearing to be Patsy Ramsey. This just gets weirder and weirder to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back