1020 users online (172 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topsailgrl
    Since we are all speculating on this:

Maybe Karr's DNA has been entered into CODIS and got a hit.

interesting idea!
    IMHO

Has anyone found a MySpace for John Mark Karr?
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by topsailgrl
    Since we are all speculating on this:

Maybe Karr's DNA has been entered into CODIS and got a hit.
    Wow.........I never thought of that! We do know that a DNA test was done and wasn't a match for JonBenet Ramsey. It would be logical to assume that John Karr's DNA would be put through CODIS, especially considering his emails and conversations with people regarding his love of little girls.

I will be anxious to hear any follow-up on the statements made by Sonoma County Sheriff, Cogsbill.
    My posts are my opinion..........

I'm not sure of what the laws are concerning entering DNA into CODIS, it may be that he will have to be convicted of a sex crime first.

08-16-06 Karr arrested in Thailand

08-20-06 Karr extradited from Thailand to Los Angeles, CA

08-22-06 Karr waived extradition to Boulder, CO

08-24-06 Karr flown from L.A. to Boulder, CO

08-28-06 No DNA match. CO drops charges against Karr

08-29-06 CO Judge orders Karr to be extradited to CA by 09-13-06

09-08-06 Extradition attempted from Boulder prevented?? More to be revealed early this week.

09-13-06 Karr needs to be extradited from Boulder, CO to to Sonoma County, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1

09-08-06 Extradition attempted from Boulder prevented?? More to be revealed early this week.

09-13-06 Karr needs to be extradited from Boulder, CO to to Sonoma County, CA.
    Buzzm1,
    Thanks for the timeline - it really helps to have the sequence of events and dates.

We know that John Karr is to be extradited from Boulder to Sonoma County, CA. no later than Sept. 13th. So, we can expect some sort of word, possibly by late Tuesday, about what's happening. Sonoma County Sheriff, Bill Cogbill, said that he "would be able to talk more freely early next week." Hopefully there will be some sort of announcement on or before Wednesday, Sept. 13.

One of Karr's attorneys, Gayle Gutekunst of San Francisco, said Friday she hadn't been advised of any problems with the extradition to Santa Rosa. She said extradition could be delayed if Karr had now decided to fight the process.

Another possibility for the delay may be that another jurisdiction - possibly the federal government - is interested in Karr in connection with other crimes, Sonoma County Public Defender John Abrahams said.

A 3-year-old federal sex-tourism law makes it illegal for Americans to travel to a foreign country to have sex with children. Each count can mean up to 30 years in federal prison.

Karr, who has talked and written about his sexual fascination with young girls, was working in Thailand as a teacher of young girls at the time of his arrest.

09-13-06 Karr, according to a CO judge's ruling, needs to be extradited from Boulder, CO to to Sonoma County, CA.

I thought they had already dealt with that - he had tried to fight extradition and lost.

Does anyone know the laws involved here? Sonoma County sheriffs have already made a trip to Boulder, CO., and have returned empty-handed. So they did, in good faith, attempt to extradite him to their jurisdiction.

What happens if September 13th comes and goes and John Karr remains in Boulder, CO?

Quote Originally Posted by Leila
    Does anyone know the laws involved here? Sonoma County sheriffs have already made a trip to Boulder, CO., and have returned empty-handed. So they did, in good faith, attempt to extradite him to their jurisdiction.

What happens if September 13th comes and goes and John Karr remains in Boulder, CO?
    CO would only retain John Mark Karr if there was the possibility that he might face far more serious charges in another jurisdiction, doubtful that it would be another state, as Karr hasn't spent much time in the states lately, but most likely another country. He had to have lied on his applications to do child care for families, and even for teaching positions. These could easily be felonies, and the U.S. needs friends if they want to stop pedophile activities in other countries. Karr could end up being a bargaining chip.

CO would only retain John Mark Karr if there was the possibility that he might face far more serious charges in another jurisdiction, doubtful that it would be another state, as Karr hasn't spent much time in the states lately, but most likely another country. He had to have lied on his applications to do child care for families, and even for teaching positions. These could easily be felonies, and the U.S. needs friends if they want to stop pedophile activities in other countries. Karr could end up being a bargaining chip.
    Do you think there will be some sort of announcement from Boulder Co. or from Sonoma Co. by Wednesday, if there's a change in John Karr's status regarding who will have jurisdiction? If Boulder Co. retains jurisdiction after Wednesday's deadline, will there have to be any sort of court proceding to hold him past the Sept. 13th date?

Do you think there will be some sort of announcement from Boulder Co. or from Sonoma Co. by Wednesday, if there's a change in John Karr's status regarding who will have jurisdiction? If Boulder Co. retains jurisdiction after Wednesday's deadline, will there have to be any sort of court proceding to hold him past the Sept. 13th date?
    There was quite a lot of criticism regarding the media flurry over Karr. especially considering everything else going on in the world, but I am surprised the hold on Karr hasn't gained the media's interest. If Boulder isn't going to let him go to Sonoma, we should hear something from them very soon, otherwise we will probably hear that Karr has been transported.

There was quite a lot of criticism regarding the media flurry over Karr. especially considering everything else going on in the world, but I am surprised the hold on Karr hasn't gained the media's interest. If Boulder isn't going to let him go to Sonoma, we should hear something from them very soon, otherwise we will probably hear that Karr has been transported.
    The next few days could prove to be interesting!

The next few days could prove to be interesting!
    I wonder if John Mark Karr had anything worthwhile to share with Boulder County LE. He is a good model for a pedo perp, and he may know websites, chat rooms, where similarly minded perps would hang out. For all we know John Mark Karr could have chatted online with the actual perp.

Calif. deputies reportedly come for Karr, leave him here

The Ramsey Mountain News figured out, by reading the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, that
    "deputies from California were in Boulder to collect him last Thursday."

Calif. deputies reportedly come for Karr, leave him here
    "The deadline for his return to Sonoma County is 5 p.m. Wednesday."

"Sonoma County Sheriff Bill Cogbill, in the article, alluded to some "huge dynamics going on that could change the whole course of this," but declined to be more specific.

He did not return calls Monday.

That report stated that Boulder Sheriff Joe Pelle was one of the sources confirming the aborted prisoner transfer, but Pelle said Monday that he declined to confirm or deny the information.

Pelle said he's adhering to his previously announced policy of not discussing a prisoner transport in advance, due to security concerns, and that he will only confirm Karr's departure once he leaves his custody.

Boulder Sheriff's Division Chief Larry Hank said, "They plan on being here (from Sonoma County) before the deadline," but would say nothing further about Karr's status."

"Carolyn French, a spokeswoman for Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy, said Monday that the Boulder prosecutor is not responsible for the timing of Karr's travel itinerary.

"We aren't doing anything right now" concerning Karr, said French. "The judge has given them until 5 o'clock Wednesday to pick him up, and that's where it's at."

As to whether there is any renewed interest in Karr in connection with JonBenet's murder, French said, "I believe at this point Boulder is not investigating him for any criminal behavior."

If Sonoma County deputies have not collected Karr by the end of the day Wednesday, French said, "There would most likely be a hearing" in Boulder District Court.

Ben Prince, one of the attorneys representing Karr in the Sonoma County case, said the only information he has heard concerning last week's attempted pickup of Karr came from the Santa Rosa newspaper.

"We don't have any information on anything that may have come up in the Boulder case," Prince said.

Boulder Public Defender Seth Temin did not return a reporter's calls Monday.

San Jose lawyer Jamie Harmon, who said she remains part of Karr's legal team, speculated that Karr's extradition has been delayed to give Sonoma County a chance to prepare more serious charges."

Bottom line, no one knows nothin'.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast