Lin Wood and Condit v. The tabs

"Brown said the articles ruined his client’s reputation and cost the congressman his career. Condit lost the 2002 bid for re-election in Modesto, Calif. to state Assemblyman Dennis Cardoza."

Funny how these creeps never seem to be at fault. Guess it was the tabloid that made him be unfaithful to his wife and screw up his family. Guess it would have been okay for him to be unfaithful as long as he wasn't caught. Yes, some of the articles these rags put out are absolute trash, and not worth the waste of a good match to set them on fire. But, think of it this way, if you aren't out there messing around with people you aren't married to, and if these young girls didn't come up missing and murdered, then there would be nothing for the rags to report on, would there?

cookie said:
"Brown said the articles ruined his client’s reputation and cost the congressman his career. Condit lost the 2002 bid for re-election in Modesto, Calif. to state Assemblyman Dennis Cardoza."

Funny how these creeps never seem to be at fault. Guess it was the tabloid that made him be unfaithful to his wife and screw up his family. Guess it would have been okay for him to be unfaithful as long as he wasn't caught. Yes, some of the articles these rags put out are absolute trash, and not worth the waste of a good match to set them on fire. But, think of it this way, if you aren't out there messing around with people you aren't married to, and if these young girls didn't come up missing and murdered, then there would be nothing for the rags to report on, would there?

Good point, Cookie.

Interesting that Wood manages to get these high profile libel cases. He must be a hard worker. We already know that he has a way with words. LOL

Gary Condit is as slimy as his lawyer. I have no pity for him whatsoever. The lousy hypocrite was quite the critic of Bill Clinton's morals (what goes around comes around). What a moron and an all around bad guy.

I hope he loses every case. They can't say enough bad things about him. In his case, I hope the tabs make a fortune!

How dare he consider himself too good to cooperate with the police investigation? He reminds me of some other high profile suspects who think they are above it all.

AND...we still don't know if he is in fact, involved in Chandra's disappearance.

I'm surprised Wood took the Condit case, considering how his philandering was an open secret in polictical circles. It will be interesting to see exactly what articles he is suing over. If he sticks to the ones accusing him of murdering Chandra Levy, it may work out for him. Most likely, Wood and Condit are counting on the tabs to just settle to make him go away.

candy said:
Condit says tabloids ruined his reputation.

Gary Condit ruined Gary Condit's reputation. :hand:

Denying it?! Chandra certainly can't contradict that. I feel so bad for Chandra's parents having to go through this.

Basically, I think the tabs will settle - they will determine how much money was made on the selling of the story issues - and still make money. Like when the Ramsey settlement included an interview with the Enquirer (that issue probably sold enough to cover the settlement costs).

It's all about money. Condit has no reputation left - he did it to himself.

Ditto Barbara's post.

TLynn said:
Denying it?! Chandra certainly can't contradict that. I feel so bad for Chandra's parents having to go through this.

Basically, I think the tabs will settle - they will determine how much money was made on the selling of the story issues - and still make money. Like when the Ramsey settlement included an interview with the Enquirer (that issue probably sold enough to cover the settlement costs).

It's all about money. Condit has no reputation left - he did it to himself.

Ditto Barbara's post.

TLynn, you said it.

What a . First he denied having anything to do with Levy. Then he got caught throwing away a gift she gave him.

You're right TLynn. He did this all to himself. But, as his types usually do, he is trying to blame it on someone else.

What Barbara said! I think Woody a sham lawyer. God forbid Woody actually has to take a case into a courtroom. Condit dumping the watch and refusing to cooperate with the LE sealed his fate for me, and I didn't read a tabloid to come to my conclusion.

Hopefully Condit is paying Woody since the Rams don't have any money and even if they had money they are famous for not paying their bills from their attorneys.

From the article:

But AMI Attorney Michael Kahane said the lawsuit is bogus.
“We stand by the integrity of what we wrote and we intend to vigorously oppose the accusations made against us,” said Kahane. “He alleges that he is not getting re-elected because of the articles that we published about him. But Gary Condit was the service of his own reputation issues, not AMI.”

Woooooooo....looks like AMI is not backing down.

Perhaps AMI looked at Wood's latest 'victory' for the Rams....hehhehehehe

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong