In a nutshell, what is Steve Thomas's theory?

WarsawJoy

Reaction score
Hello. I have been reading the forum for the last week or so and have seen Steve Thomas's name come up a lot. What is his theory as to what happened and why?

Thanks!

Thomas believes that Patsy fed JonBenet pineapple after the family returned home and put her to bed. JonBenet woke up wet later on and Patsy got angry, yanked the pull up diapers (which were found hanging halfway out of the cabinet) out, left JonBenet's red turtleneck balled up on the sink counter (she originally said JB went to bed in that top), and violently wiped her. It should be noted that Thomas believes JB's vaginal abuse was the result of Patsy being rough in anger and not from molestation. He then theorizes that JonBenet was slammed against a hard surface, such as the bath tub. This was accidental and there was no motive or premediatation. At this point she appeared dead, and Patsy needed to decide what to do. Instead of call for emergency help, she chose to try to make the accident look like something else, and took JB down to the basement, strangled her face down from behind with the implements she found down there, and wrote the ransom note. She disposed of any leftover items such as remnants of cord or tape in a storm drain or a neighbor's trash can, and screamed for John - then the performance of her life was on.

He does not subscribe to the Intruder Theory.

Yeah, and after watching "Hannity & Colmes" last night, apparently, neither do Michael Baden or Mark Fuhrman. He's in good company.

Yeah, and after watching "Hannity & Colmes" last night, apparently, neither do Michael Baden or Mark Fuhrman. He's in good company.
Nor does Cecil Weicht, he has used the flying carpet comment when Karr was arrested.

Not that I think that Weicht is normally a good judge, but non of them are involed in the case, so I think they are giving honest answers instead of paid for ones. :)

From my reading and watching of the case, there's not one professional that buys the Intruder did it, no evidence to suppport that theory at ALL. ;)

I have a question though, as far as Thomas theory.

I thought Lee and the ME all said that she was choked to death, that the bashing of the skull came after death?

True, kelly london, but he decided that on their willingness to pray with him, not on any real evidence.

"I thought Lee and the ME all said that she was choked to death, that the bashing of the skull came after death?"

No, quite the opposite. Lee, Spitz, Tom Henry, and many others said the head blow most likely came first.

Don't stop there, Dave, I learned this from you - the head wound was fully developed, with three pools of blood in layers and swelling so severe that her brain was pressing against the inside of her skull - which proves her heart was beating when she was hit and continued to beat afterwards, for at least ten minutes, which is how long it would take for a head wound like that to develop.

I used to think Thomas was wrong, and that the strangling had to have preceded the head wound due to the lack of blood. Then, from hanging out here and reading up on all of the excellent information, I discovered there was more blood collected in her brain than it sounds, and that the swelling was enough to have been flattening out the folds of her brain. Yow. Then I realized Thomas had done his homework and knew what he was talking about.

I completely agree with Steve Thomas and gald he is once again a voice of reason in this case

Thomas's theory sounds the most likely. I wonder if John Ramsey has ever doubted Patsy. Of course, some people will be in denial forever.

I am now firmly in the Thomas camp....I admit to wavering and despite my Karr did it temporary insanity, I told my wife that "however this case is solved (if it is ever solved), the Ramseys did everything they could to make themselves look guilty". I will say the same thing about them as I did Karr....if they didn't do it, they know who did and had to cover for them.

The flashlight from the documentary....the same flashlight that was wiped clean of prints and evidence....was used to bash JBR's head. The wounds match perfectly. Now, how many housholds in American can you walk into....grab the flashlight.....print it......and find no prints at all. The flashlight matches the head wound and the flashlight was wiped clean. I think the flashlight that was near the ransom note pad was used as the murder weapon. Other than that, I believe Steve Thomas.

With Patsy died both the murderer and the chance of solving the case. But alas, God Almighty above doesn't need subpoenas to get the truth out of someone and he knows. The rest on Earth is a tangle of BS and will never be solved and the truth will never be known--a fact that is terribly painful for a gotta know like me to stomach.

Cal

WarsawJoy said:
Hello. I have been reading the forum for the last week or so and have seen Steve Thomas's name come up a lot. What is his theory as to what happened and why? Thanks!
Dr. Ronald Wright, director of the forensic pathology department at the University of Miami School of Medicine was quoted as saying the following about the timeline in regards to the blow to the head and the strangulation. His opinion was that the blow came first, and did not cause her death:

The blow to her head -- which Wright is convinced was not from a golf club but more likely a blunt object such as a baseball bat or heavy flashlight -- came first, Wright said. "She was whopped on the head a long time before she was strangled,'' said Wright. "That might or might not have rendered her unconscious. But this is not anything that kills her right away.'' He said 20 to 60 minutes elapsed between the skull fracture and the strangulation. The reason he's so sure, said Wright, is that details revealed about the brain injury, "the swelling, the bleeding here and there, they take a while to happen.'' And that wouldn't have happened, he said, if she was already dead. "I think, probably, the head injury came first, because the strangulation resulted in petechial (pinpoint) hemorrhages'' in areas such as the eyelids, Kirschner said. "I think she died when she was strangled. The cerebral hemorrhaging and bruising of the brain did occur first. But she was still alive when strangled.''

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0716jon.htm

I personally feel that someone (most likely Patsy) was carrying the flashlight while searching the home after being awakened by some noise downstairs. She discovered an act in progress and flew into a rage, striking her daughter with the flashlight. What transpired after that is anyone's guess.

No, quite the opposite. Lee, Spitz, Tom Henry, and many others said the head blow most likely came first.
I stand corrected. I could of sworn that they said the head wound came after the fact to cover up what was going on... It makes more sense now and still fits into my senerio of what happened. :)

Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

As much as I despise Lee and Wecht, they both basically say, inside job, anyone with any knowledge in the field believe it's an inside job. At least that's my understanding of what I've read, watched and heard. :)

Nuisanceposter said:
Thomas believes that Patsy fed JonBenet pineapple after the family returned home and put her to bed. JonBenet woke up wet later on and Patsy got angry, yanked the pull up diapers (which were found hanging halfway out of the cabinet) out, left JonBenet's red turtleneck balled up on the sink counter (she originally said JB went to bed in that top), and violently wiped her. It should be noted that Thomas believes JB's vaginal abuse was the result of Patsy being rough in anger and not from molestation. He then theorizes that JonBenet was slammed against a hard surface, such as the bath tub. This was accidental and there was no motive or premediatation. At this point she appeared dead, and Patsy needed to decide what to do. Instead of call for emergency help, she chose to try to make the accident look like something else, and took JB down to the basement, strangled her face down from behind with the implements she found down there, and wrote the ransom note. She disposed of any leftover items such as remnants of cord or tape in a storm drain or a neighbor's trash can, and screamed for John - then the performance of her life was on.
I think I'm coming down off the fence..............

I do have another question though. Lights. Did anyone mention lights being on at the house during the night?

Do you think Patsy used the flashlight to see to write the ransom note?

SallyLu said:
I think I'm coming down off the fence..............

I do have another question though. Lights. Did anyone mention lights being on at the house during the night?

Do you think Patsy used the flashlight to see to write the ransom note?
I believe a neighbor stated they had seen a "low light" moving in the kitchen window of the house around...hmm...midnight or so. Middle of the night, anyways.

SleuthingSleuth said:
I believe a neighbor stated they had seen a "low light" moving in the kitchen window of the house around...hmm...midnight or so. Middle of the night, anyways.
Interesting.

Another one - I think my fog addled brain just woke up. I'm also sure this has been mentioned before - sorry. The size 12 panties. My theory is that they went over JBR's pull ups to hide them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back