GUILTY AR - Casey Crowder, 17, Pine Bluff, 27 Aug 2006

Brad Dennis

KlaasKIDS Foundation Search Director
Reaction score
Website
www.klaaskids.org
KlaasKIDS Child Alert Network

Casey Crowder, age 17 of Pine Bluffs, Arkansas disappeared August 27th. Casey was driving down Hwy 65 early Sunday morning when she ran out of gas. She called a relative on the phone at 5:30am, when they arrived they found Casey's car but Casey was gone. There has been no contact with Casey since. Casey was returning from her boyfriends house.

Desha County Sheriff's Department is investigating. Those with information are asked to call 870-877-2327.

Ground search is on-going.

Visit www.beyondmissing.com for her flyer
Visit www.missingkids.com for her flyer
Visit www.katv.com for recent press

So this girl was a senior in high school and she was leaving her boyfriend's house at 5:30 in the morning??

I hope they find her.

I wonder if someone offered to take her to a gas station but abducted her instead. In some cases it is believed that someone posing as a police officer drives the roadways looking for someone that has pulled off the road. If it is a young woman he asks her to get out of the car for whatever reason and then abducts and murders her. I think that is what happend to Maura and the other girl whose car was found on the road but she was gone. It makes sense to me.

DUMAS, Ark. — The search for a missing Pine Bluff girl has been scaled back after more than 100 searchers found no sign of the teen, who disappeared along a busy federal highway after running out of gasoline last weekend.

<snip>

Agents put out a notice nationally seeking information about Crowder, who was traveling back from a friend's house in Pickens on Sunday morning, telephoned her mother to say she had run out of gas and would walk to a gas station.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211670,00.html

I didn't realize that she told her mother that she was going to walk to a gas station. I thought she called her mother to come to her assistance. I wonder how far from a gas station she was? Is this a isolated area where she would have been walking?

Shadow205 said:
DUMAS, Ark. — The search for a missing Pine Bluff girl has been scaled back after more than 100 searchers found no sign of the teen, who disappeared along a busy federal highway after running out of gasoline last weekend.

<snip>

Agents put out a notice nationally seeking information about Crowder, who was traveling back from a friend's house in Pickens on Sunday morning, telephoned her mother to say she had run out of gas and would walk to a gas station.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211670,00.html

I didn't realize that she told her mother that she was going to walk to a gas station. I thought she called her mother to come to her assistance. I wonder how far from a gas station she was? Is this a isolated area where she would have been walking?

I've traveled thru there several times...I remember it as being isolated as far as there not being any houses close to the highway, however, there was plenty of traffic. My hubby drove it more frequently and probably knows better than me the road situation....maybe, he'll reply.

I wonder where Dolph (from WS Author claims to have witnessed 3 murders on the west coast in the 1980's) was early Sunday morning (8/27/06) when Casey Chowder went missing!!! If he had any deliveries that brought him SE he would probably travel hwy 65.

Why oh why did that young girl say that she would walk to a gas station? It was 5:30 in the morning. Don't teenagers realize that perverts can be on the road just waiting to pick them up? I can't imagine her mother not telling her to stay put and lock her doors and not to unlock them or roll her window down for anybody...that she was coming to pick her up or get some gas for her.

Someone picked her up and was up to no good. This is just horrible and it didn't have to happen.

Thanks. There is a thread for this girl over on Missing...I think that is where it is.

I was hoping that she had been found. So sad. Someone picked her up while she was walking to a gas station in those early morning hours. I wish she had stayed in her car and waited for someone to come and get her. It's just to dangerous these days for a young girl to be on a highway walking by herself.

Fox News is reporting that a body has been found but no ID has been made yet. :(

Did they say where the body was found?

englishleigh said:
Fox News is reporting that a body has been found but no ID has been made yet. :(

I'm hoping Nancy Grace will have something on about her and the missing Leesburg boy.
concernedperson said:
I came in on the end of the report but something is up. And, they seem to believe it is Casey.

It's Casey, according to a police source. :( Sheriff, however, will not confirm that.

She was found within the search area, not far, actually, from her car. I'm wondering if the poor girl was maybe just hit by a car?

Prayers for her family, esp. that mother. She will second-guess herself for the rest of her life that she did not insist on going to pick her up.

It's terrible that they found her body, but like you said it sure would make it easier on the mom if it's an accident that she could not have prevented.
englishleigh said:
It's Casey, according to a police source. :( Sheriff, however, will not confirm that.

She was found within the search area, not far, actually, from her car. I'm wondering if the poor girl was maybe just hit by a car?

Prayers for her family, esp. that mother. She will second-guess herself for the rest of her life that she did not insist on going to pick her up.

If she did get hit by a car you would think that it wouldn't take almost a week to find the body unless someone pulled it off the road and didn't report it.

englishleigh said:

Janet said:
If she did get hit by a car you would think that it wouldn't take almost a week to find the body unless someone pulled it off the road and didn't report it.

I really pray this was just an accident, but they aren't saying that. I don't know if she was found along the roadway or not, I just heard them say she was found closer to the car than to the gas station she was trying to reach, and I don't think the gas station was terribly far. I would think she must have been off the immediate roadway or they wuld have found her much sooner than this.

Englishleigh and Janet, you are too kind. If she had been accidently hit by a car would the driver leave her in the bushes? Drive off without reporting it? I think the odds are pretty strong against that being the answer.

They had to have looked very close to where she was found and then someone with new fresh eyes walked a bit further and spotted her. She was tossed like so much garbage I bet, used and abused. We have seen it too often, like Dru Sjodin, actually dumped in a ditch!

I'll lay you odds the killer is a lone male, stopped his car in front of her when she was walking, got her in a choke hold and dragged her into the bushes where he eventually killed her. I also think he could be a sexual predator who was on the prowl, and might even be on the list for check in.

I might be jumping the gun on that, but what are the odds some guy is going to stop, grab a girl and leave her dead in a hidden spot in the bushes unless he is a sexual preditating molester.

I hope people are down right fed up, and something is going to have to change from the federal level to make it manditory life for any sexual predator who is caught even for the first time. First time - life without parole. Then our children and all other targets would be safe. At least much safer than they are now. Then all we would have to worry about would be first timers! :eek:

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back