773 users online (110 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

CA - Camille Ferguson, 5 mos, San Francisco, 30 Aug 2006

Body of missing infant found in SF park

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGA3KS0IV4.DTL

08-30) 08:17 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The body of a missing 5-month-old girl has been found in San Francisco's McLaren Park, authorities said this morning.

Police had been searching for the infant, named Camille, since her father, Anthony Demone Theard, reported that someone had taken her from his car in the Mission District Sunday night when he left her alone for a few minutes while he went into a store.

Now, Theard -- who already is in custody on an unrelated parole violation -- is a suspect in his daughter's death, according to authorities.

Oh this poor child. Was there an amber alert or posting we missed?
    Thank you SewingDeb

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Body of missing infant found in SF park

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGA3KS0IV4.DTL

08-30) 08:17 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The body of a missing 5-month-old girl has been found in San Francisco's McLaren Park, authorities said this morning.

Police had been searching for the infant, named Camille, since her father, Anthony Demone Theard, reported that someone had taken her from his car in the Mission District Sunday night when he left her alone for a few minutes while he went into a store.

Now, Theard -- who already is in custody on an unrelated parole violation -- is a suspect in his daughter's death, according to authorities.
    And Daddy dearest lead police to her body

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...cal&id=4511705

Yup, you said it.

WOW. what would have been really really hard for me (if I were her mother) was knowing he had lead them to her body, yet they wouldn't go in there to retrieve her to the next morning. Knowing my baby was laying on the ground in a park (AND KNOWING WHERE SHE WAS, ALL BY HERSELF, IN THE DARK) would absolutly kill me, adding insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3dd
    Oh this poor child. Was there an amber alert or posting we missed?
    Thank you SewingDeb
    You're welcome. I had not seen an Amber Alert for this baby. I found this article by accident while on the news site for a different case.

Quote Originally Posted by amom
    WOW. what would have been really really hard for me (if I were her mother) was knowing he had lead them to her body, yet they wouldn't go in there to retrieve her to the next morning. Knowing my baby was laying on the ground in a park (AND KNOWING WHERE SHE WAS, ALL BY HERSELF, IN THE DARK) would absolutly kill me, adding insult to injury.
    That would absolutely tear me apart!

I don't know how they kept her out of there. This is so sad.

Me to .This is heartbreaking.How could a Father just chuck a child away like garbage.the poor Mum must be absolutely 'beside' herself.I just cannot fathom the cruel things that 'some' parents to to children.

Why? Why would he murder that little baby? I agree, if I knew my baby was laying out there someone would have gone and gotten her or I would have. No one would have kept me from getting her either. I highly doubt that someone took that baby from the father's car. I hope they hang him high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    Why? Why would he murder that little baby? I agree, if I knew my baby was laying out there someone would have gone and gotten her or I would have. No one would have kept me from getting her either. I highly doubt that someone took that baby from the father's car. I hope they hang him high.
    I will never understand it, Bobbi. I believe the father led police to the body...

I think of my own precious daughter when she was 5 mths, and what a beautiful time in life that was. I was loving every minute with her and also looking forward to all the new experiences and stages in life with her. Then I think of this poor mom, who has lost her baby girl and also lost out on all the wonderful new stages in life to go through with her baby, and I cry.

August 31st:
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/9772503/detail.html

Tests Still Pending On Cause Of SF 5-Month-Old's Death

SAN FRANCISCO -- What killed 5-month-old Camille Ferguson, whose body was found in a densely forested area of San Francisco's John McLaren Park, won't be known for some time while tests are still pending, a medical examiner's spokesman said Thursday.

Camille's father, Anthony Demone Theard, 24, reported her missing Sunday after telling police he left the baby in his car as he ran into a convenience store at 18th and Mission streets in San Francisco. When he returned and drove away, the baby was gone and he called 911, he said.

Investigators received a tip late Tuesday night that Camille had been left in the park, but police would not confirm who provided the tip, Officer Maria Oropeza said Wednesday.

and

Police have not charged Theard in the death of his daughter, but he is considered a suspect in her death, Oropeza said.

Theard is currently being held in San Francisco County jail on a no-bail parole hold, according to Eileen Hirst with the San Francisco Sheriff's Department. She said he could be held indefinitely barring a hearing on his parole violation.