1354 users online (317 members and 1037 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

13-Foot Python Tries To Eat Woman

She was feeding it a rat and it bit her hand and then coiled around her arm. It took 5 firefighters to pull it off her arm.
    http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story...6-F5FE4339F049
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    She was feeding it a rat and it bit her hand and then coiled around her arm. It took 5 firefighters to pull it off her arm.
    So you hold the snake's food in your hand and expect the snake not to bite you, even though you now smell like the rat Freakin idiot deserves what she got!

For future reference: When feeding a rat to a snake - just drop the rat in the cage. The snake knows what to do and doesn't need your assistance.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

The article says the family is not planning to keep the snake. Your kidding me, that would be a "no brainer".......

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I will say iam sorry to say this but, if this person had any idea how to feed the snake you would know to feed it in a seperate area and have the rat in the other area before you put the snake in like i said i am sorry but this really pushes my buttons when this kind of stuff happens prolly now it will be the snakes fault and will die for someone not properly trained POOR SNAKE

They had an update the next day and interviewed her. She was feeding the snake in the bathtub, it had eaten three rats already. She then went to take the snake out of the tub, and that is when it bit her.
    Soon after the first airing of the video on the snake bite, the family was contacted by another snake owner, and he went and picked the snake up and is keeping it.
    The original owners of the snake kept saying it wasn't the snake's fault, it was only doing what came naturally to it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

6 ft ball python - 1 Large Rat

4 ft ball python - 1 Medium Rat

3 ft Red Tail Boa and 2 ft Red Tail boa - Two Mice.

2 ft Bubblegum corn snake - Two pinkie mice

Medium Savanna Monitor - Two pinkie mice

This is what I fed last night. No bites. :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

lol Glitch,you snake owners are sick--what did the poor rats and mice ever do to you?

I never feed my snakes live food! That is dangerous to the snake. That said, I always put anything in a sepeate area first. Dh made me a sliding partition just for that purpose.

I can hold a small pinkie down for the african house snake, but never when he's shedding. I have been bitten once when he was smaller and I didn't notice he had skin still over one eye. My fault, I was in a hurry and he couldn't see. Learned quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    I never feed my snakes live food! That is dangerous to the snake. That said, I always put anything in a sepeate area first. Dh made me a sliding partition just for that purpose.

I can hold a small pinkie down for the african house snake, but never when he's shedding. I have been bitten once when he was smaller and I didn't notice he had skin still over one eye. My fault, I was in a hurry and he couldn't see. Learned quickly.
    BhamMama,
    I just have to tell you I love your line at the bottom of your posts. It's so funny.

Thanks! It cracks me up too!