13-Foot Python Tries To Eat Woman

For future reference: When feeding a rat to a snake - just drop the rat in the cage. The snake knows what to do and doesn't need your assistance.

The article says the family is not planning to keep the snake. Your kidding me, that would be a "no brainer".......

mysteriew said:
She was feeding it a rat and it bit her hand and then coiled around her arm. It took 5 firefighters to pull it off her arm.
http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=40AB1429-CE25-4F34-99B6-F5FE4339F049
I will say iam sorry to say this but, if this person had any idea how to feed the snake you would know to feed it in a seperate area and have the rat in the other area before you put the snake in:doh: :doh: :doh: like i said i am sorry but this really pushes my buttons when this kind of stuff happens prolly now it will be the snakes fault and will die for someone not properly trained POOR SNAKE

They had an update the next day and interviewed her. She was feeding the snake in the bathtub, it had eaten three rats already. She then went to take the snake out of the tub, and that is when it bit her.
Soon after the first airing of the video on the snake bite, the family was contacted by another snake owner, and he went and picked the snake up and is keeping it.
The original owners of the snake kept saying it wasn't the snake's fault, it was only doing what came naturally to it.

6 ft ball python - 1 Large Rat

4 ft ball python - 1 Medium Rat

3 ft Red Tail Boa and 2 ft Red Tail boa - Two Mice.

2 ft Bubblegum corn snake - Two pinkie mice

Medium Savanna Monitor - Two pinkie mice

This is what I fed last night. No bites. :)

lol Glitch,you snake owners are sick--what did the poor rats and mice ever do to you?

I never feed my snakes live food! That is dangerous to the snake. That said, I always put anything in a sepeate area first. Dh made me a sliding partition just for that purpose.

I can hold a small pinkie down for the african house snake, but never when he's shedding. I have been bitten once when he was smaller and I didn't notice he had skin still over one eye. My fault, I was in a hurry and he couldn't see. Learned quickly.

BhamMama said:
I never feed my snakes live food! That is dangerous to the snake. That said, I always put anything in a sepeate area first. Dh made me a sliding partition just for that purpose.

I can hold a small pinkie down for the african house snake, but never when he's shedding. I have been bitten once when he was smaller and I didn't notice he had skin still over one eye. My fault, I was in a hurry and he couldn't see. Learned quickly.

BhamMama,
I just have to tell you I love your line at the bottom of your posts. It's so funny.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back