820 users online (93 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

CT - Abandoned newborn found in car

GROTON, Conn. -- Police in Groton are investigating the discovery of an abandoned baby in a car that was parked 100 feet away from a day-care center.

Officers responded to Dewey and High avenues at about 5 a.m. Wednesday and found a boy who's less than a week old. Paramedics transported the baby to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital, and police said the boy is in good health.

More at link...

http://www.wfsb.com/news/9760373/detail.html

Wierd. I wonder if the person who called 911 was the baby's mother. I don't want to think that another mother abandoned a baby that could've been left at a hospitaL or fire department but then on the other hand I don't want to think that anything happened to this poor baby's mother.
    Why would the windows of the car be broken?
    Praying they find this mother soon.

I don't see why they won't release info about the newborn. Someone who was preggers a couple of days ago and isn't anymore but doesn't have a baby is maybe someone they want to talk to.

I originally thought this might have been a case where the mom was the victim of foul play because the article stated the car had broken windows and had been abandoned for "days". I was concerned for the mother. However, I just found another article that says that the baby was found wrapped in blanket, placed in a box and then left in the car which has been abandoned for at least a couple of years. So, apparently it's just another awful situation where an uncaring mother leaves her helpless infant alone and defenseless. I'm a little bit annoyed that I wasted my time being concerned for her.

http://www.nbc30.com/news/9760342/detail.html
    Last edited by natasha-cupcake; 08-30-2006 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Edited to add newslink

Don't find the mom - right now this baby has a good chance to be adopted by one of the many childless couples who want a nice healthy newborn baby. If the mom shows up, the maternal hormones will start, she'll want it back, the courts will do their usual stupid 'family reunification takes precedence over the best interests of the child' dance, and the kid will end up in a similar situation again in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by natasha-cupcake
    I originally thought this might have been a case where the mom was the victim of foul play because the article stated the car had broken windows and had been abandoned for "days". I was concerned for the mother. However, I just found another article that says that the baby was found wrapped in blanket, placed in a box and then left in the car which has been abandoned for at least a couple of years. So, apparently it's just another awful situation where an uncaring mother leaves her helpless infant alone and defenseless. I'm a little bit annoyed that I wasted my time being concerned for her.

http://www.nbc30.com/news/9760342/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't see why they won't release info about the newborn. Someone who was preggers a couple of days ago and isn't anymore but doesn't have a baby is maybe someone they want to talk to.
    For one, the child is a minor and they really don't release much information that can identify minors to the public. For another, this way any tips they get can likely be easily verified.