Postal Worker Saves Woman From Committing Suicide

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/9760312/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville postal worker delivers more than just letters to residents. The woman also delivers prayers.

Synetta Drayton Haggary was delivering the mail last July when she heard a woman crying and praying for help. Haggary stopped to pray with the woman, though she didn't know what she was praying for. When they finished, the woman pulled out a handgun and handed it to Haggary.

Haggary called police and handed them the gun. Now 51-year-old Haggary checks on the woman almost everyday. She says she's just trying to spread good cheer in such a negative world

Beyond Belief said:
http://www.wftv.com/news/9760312/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville postal worker delivers more than just letters to residents. The woman also delivers prayers.

Synetta Drayton Haggary was delivering the mail last July when she heard a woman crying and praying for help. Haggary stopped to pray with the woman, though she didn't know what she was praying for. When they finished, the woman pulled out a handgun and handed it to Haggary.

Haggary called police and handed them the gun. Now 51-year-old Haggary checks on the woman almost everyday. She says she's just trying to spread good cheer in such a negative world
OMG! I have goose bumps reading this. If only more people took the time out of their busy lives to help another in need.

God has given everyone of us a gift and a purpose in life. I am so glad that this woman chose to use hers. WOW!

I wasn't suicidal, but I was extremely distressed one day in class, and a woman I didn't know took me by the hand and sat me in her car. She held my hand and prayed to St. Jude that everything in my life would be alright, quickly.

To be honest, it freaked me out - I didn't know her, but I can't help but think how cool that was of her to do that for a stranger. Everything DID end up alright less than 8 hours later - though I didn't have hope until she gave it to me.

People like this maillady and the lady from my class, they are truely the little bits of wonderfulness in this world.

In all the horrible things I've read/seen in the last 15 minutes, this truely made me smile. Thank God there are people in world like Synetta.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back