1300 users online (258 members and 1042 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CNN Airs Anchor's Potty Break Live

CNN is apologizing for upstaging a presidential speech with a conversation live from the ladies' room.

Her off-the-cuff remarks about her husband and her brother's marriage went on the air along with one of President George W. Bush's speeches on Hurricane Katrina, until another voice told her to turn off her mike.

In her conversation she dismissed most men with a vulgar term, but called herself "very lucky" to have a "handsome" and "great, great human being" for a husband.

She also called her brother's wife a "control freak."

Newslink

Earned points with the hubby though!!!! I love it!!!

LOL!!! Kyra Phillips may have her husband all aglow, but I do believe her relationship with SIL has officially taken a family/media aware poop in the ole crapper! Gee, and with the Holidays are not to far in the future, too...

Sucks to be her right now, eh?
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by Data05
    LOL!!! Kyra Phillips may have her husband all aglow, but I do believe her relationship with SIL has officially taken a family/media aware poop in the ole crapper! Gee, and with the Holidays are not to far in the future, too...

Sucks to be her right now, eh?
    That was my thoughts too!
    Linette

CNN says sorry for live mic gaffe

The programme was broadcasting Mr Bush's speech live from New Orleans, but viewers also heard about 90 seconds of the anchorwoman's conversation during what has been described as a bathroom or hair and make-up break.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5297958.stm

You know though, i think that marriage will last!

although her relationship with her sister in law has been shot to pieces!

i mean, she's just about had it, eh? pretty much for the next upward of 15 years anyhow.

[p.s. i'm pretty sure everyone in the family think her brother made a mistake! LOL]

She may get a chuckle out of it. I'm a control freak on certain issues and I KNOW my husband is and both of us would admit it. Hopefully, they'll forgive and forget.

How horrifyingly embarassing!
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

I would hope so as well, JeanaDP. Besides, there are only so many fruitcakes one can regift every year!
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

OMG!! ROFL!!!! The poor girl. You can even hear the water running and her zipping her purse back up. I'm sure glad she wasn't in the stall going #2.

I'm really thankful it was just a "hair and make-up break".

i heard this on the way home from work today...too funny

Just think if she had let out a little groan or had a big ole' fart! OMG, she never would have lived it down.

Scandi

Hmmmm....

I don't think she likes her SIL...her voice changed when she talked about her- it was dripping with disdain.
    Big ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Just think if she had let out a little groan or had a big ole' fart! OMG, she never would have lived it down.

Sandi
    LOL!!!

Letterman's top 10

Fri Sep 1, 3:19 PM ET

NEW YORK - CNN anchor Kyra Phillips, whose ladies room chatter found its way onto her newscast, bounced back two days later with a "Top 10 List" of excuses on the "Late Show with David Letterman."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060901/...s_letterman_11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast