Australia - Samuel Siddall for child abuse, Beldon, WA, 25 May 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
This "effer" was going to be a teacher........

news link
A MAN who seriously injured a 14-month-old girl when he put her in a clothes dryer and turned it on has been jailed for eight months.

A magistrate said yesterday that 21-year-old Samuel Marc Barnes Siddall had acted out of stupidity rather than malice and, unbelievably, had not sought immediate medical attention for the injured toddler.

Siddall of Beldon, had previously pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm by placing Mya Jade Jeffrey in the dryer and turning it on for about two minutes on May 25.

Mya's mother, Marnie Jowett, who had left the toddler in Siddall's care while she visited a gym, returned home to find her daughter shaking with pain from burns to her hands, feet and back, and bruises to her face and spine.

Siddall, who at the time was studying at university to become a teacher, had told Ms Jowett he had no idea how the girl was injured, before taking them both to hospital.

OMG!!!

What do they mean not with Malice???
Did he think the spin in the dryer would be fun for her??
SPare me!!
PUt the judge in a dryer!! Idiot!!

Amraann said:
OMG!!!

SPare me!!
Amraann,:)
Thank-you for your post.I do not see how the charge is as serious as it should be.The man knew the differance between right and wrong.Also what actions can cause death.Just knowing that placing a human in a dryer,and turning it on should be attempted murder.
Yeah,the judge should be placed in the dryer.One second for that child could seem like minutes.The damage was done for the child the very second of being placed in the dryer and the door closed.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Maybe he misunderstood the term "wash & wear"? Idiot. (the man I mean)

What the he** is going on here!

This judge should be sacked, although I like your idea better Amraann.

``It was meant to indicate that he was frustrated with his own inability to make the child happy,'' Siddall's lawyer Ronald Smith explained to the court.

``He was annoyed with himself rather than the child.'' WTH does that mean?

Mr Bayly said he accepted Siddall had acted out of stupidity rather than malice.

But he said a term of immediate imprisonment was the only appropriate sentence for such a serious offence. So he gets 8 months jail. Unfreakinbelievable!

He sentenced Siddall to 18 months prison but reduced it to eight months because of his guilty plea.

``It beggars belief, really, that immediately after taking the child out of the dryer you didn't seek medical attention,'' Mr Bayly said. It beggars belief that he put this baby in the dryer in the first place. These Judges do not live in the real world.

Mr Bayly did not make Siddall eligible for parole.

Mya has made a good recovery and is not expected to have any lasting scarring, the court was told Thank God, this baby is OK!

You are so right Dark_Shadows. This is attempted murder. How do these losers keep getting away with this stuff, it makes my blood boil. :furious: And once again it is a "mother" who leaves her most precious child with a loser of a boyfriend. :furious:

Amraann said:
OMG!!!

SPare me!!
My thoughts EXACLTY, Amraann!!! You said exactly what was on my mind when I read this.

I would like to put the judge and the perp in the dryer!!! @#*%&$#@ as*holes!!!!

Thanks for posting this story DS.....Its unbelievable to think that this wanna be school teacher only got 8 months jail...our justice system leaves a lot to be desired.........and yes Amraann when this story first broke he stated that the child enjoyed sideshow rides therfore he figured she would enjoy the tumble dryer:doh:

My grandmother once (accidentally) killed a cat that way - that's serious stuff!

(The cat slept in the dryer once in awhile, and one time it snuck in there when she wasn't looking, clothes went in, dryer went on - dead cat - and gruesome clothes!).

dingo said:
Thanks for posting this story DS.....Its unbelievable to think that this wanna be school teacher only got 8 months jail...our justice system leaves a lot to be desired.........and yes Amraann when this story first broke he stated that the child enjoyed sideshow rides therfore he figured she would enjoy the tumble dryer:doh:
Hello Dingo,
I appreciate your post.:)
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dingo said:
WHy am I not surprised??

WHat is most upsetting is the judge basically justified this guys abusive behavoir.
Its like he was saying "its ok if the child frustrated you"
To minimze it like that astounds me!
The child abuser is a child abuser but the judge .. in charge of keeping people safe and doling out adequate justice is just like ... "Oh! ok I understand".

I cannot believe this creep only got 8 months for this terrible crime.The child was badly injured. Sometimes judges 'loose' touch and sentances do not reflect societys view.This is such a case.Nobody i know would say this is a fair deal.Anybody who does this to a child deserves a long term with Bubba.

You won't believe this, but this really strikes close to home. Last week, I dried my cat. It was obviously an accident, my daughter had grabbed her school clothes out of the dryer, and I noticed it was open, flipped it shut, turned it on, and went to get my son ready for school. I came in there to grab a pair of pants for work, and to my horror, discovered my poor cat had been in there for ten minutes, at least. I rushed her to the vet, and she was severely dehydrated and had cracked the base of her tail. The whole fiasco cost about 500 dollars, and the cat is still furious with me.
I guess my main questions after reading this article are, how long was the child REALLY in the dryer? And were there clothes in the dryer? The vet did say that is what saved Sabrina, since alot of the burns she could have had were avoided due to the clothes in there (so she wouldn't be up against the metal) and it cushioned her as well.

indicajane said:
You won't believe this, but this really strikes close to home. Last week, I dried my cat. It was obviously an accident, my daughter had grabbed her school clothes out of the dryer, and I noticed it was open, flipped it shut, turned it on, and went to get my son ready for school. I came in there to grab a pair of pants for work, and to my horror, discovered my poor cat had been in there for ten minutes, at least. I rushed her to the vet, and she was severely dehydrated and had cracked the base of her tail. The whole fiasco cost about 500 dollars, and the cat is still furious with me.
I guess my main questions after reading this article are, how long was the child REALLY in the dryer? And were there clothes in the dryer? The vet did say that is what saved Sabrina, since alot of the burns she could have had were avoided due to the clothes in there (so she wouldn't be up against the metal) and it cushioned her as well.
My Goodness, your Cat was lucky there were clothes in the drier.These must have saved her.From reading our main newspaper the other day it said there was nothing in the drier.so the little girl was badly injured.I hope your cat is o.k. Iam sure she will learn to love you again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back