The red turtleneck

T-Rex

Reaction score
What IS with that turtleneck?
Patsy first told police she put JB to bed wearing it.
Then she says she tried to get JB to wear it to the party, but she refused.
And finally, one article I read said it was found soaking in the sink by the upstairs washer.

So what's the deal? When did she wear it? How did it get dirty? And why the coverup?

T-Rex said:
What IS with that turtleneck?
Patsy first told police she put JB to bed wearing it.
Then she says she tried to get JB to wear it to the party, but she refused.
And finally, one article I read said it was found soaking in the sink by the upstairs washer.

So what's the deal? When did she wear it? How did it get dirty? And why the coverup?

What I think is that PR wanted her to wear it on the night of the 25th, to the White's. The child refused and wore another shirt. We know this fact because Patsy told us it happened.

So, as a compromise, I think PR said, "Ok, then you will wear it on our trip tomorrow."

When wolfkid was younger, I would frequently dress her the night before an event if we had an early-morning wake up the next day. I would do this only if she was going to wear soft, un-wrinkle-able clothing and only if she had a bath.

I think Patsy might have been arguing this point with JB. I think John and Burke were in bed and Patsy had stayed up later for last-minute preparations for the trip.

JBR was genuinely asleep initially. Then, she woke up, found Patsy, ate pineapple with her mom and Patsy said, "Since you are awake anyway, let's get your outfit on for tomorrow..."

The rest is, tragically, history...

But wasn't the red turtleneck found balled-up (and maybe wet) in JonBenet's bathroom?

You know, when you start telling stories...it's hard to keep them straight...and they were telling a lot of different stories.

luvbeaches said:
But wasn't the red turtleneck found balled-up (and maybe wet) in JonBenet's bathroom?

You know, when you start telling stories...it's hard to keep them straight...and they were telling a lot of different stories.

Yes, I think the turtleneck was involved in the struggle. It was tossed into the sink by PR. She had to dress JBR the way she was dressed when she went to bed that night - in the white shirt and the long-johns she put on the child earlier.

I believe I had read, too, in those secretary papers, that the red turtleneck was wet and balled up in the sink.

Anyone know if this turtleneck was swept by light to check for traces of blood? Or if the sink was? Seems that would be the logical thing to do.

I know I have trouble getting my daughter to put on turtlenecks. She struggles with them halfway on her head, and whines that she can't pull them down over the head. Could this have been when JonBenet was struck on the head?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back