779 users online (135 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Can child molesters be rehabilitated?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    I say we give all sexual predators a chance to redeem themselves in their next life, but not this one.
    ]

THANK YOU GLITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I think this could be a group effort, what do you think??? Everyone could post their ideas on what they would like included and we can get something drafted up! Do a bit of research on the net and so will I and we'll see what we can come up with! You may even find information on the five states who already have this law and find the exact laws they have on their books and say you'd like to implement the same thing in all of the other states.
    You are the best. I think that is a great idea. I will be reaching tonight and will post tomorrow afternoon or later tonight. THANKS AGAIN.

I absolutely vote a big no on this poll. I do not believe you can rehabilitate a child molester. Child molesters are self centered and are not looking at how to rehabilitate themselves.They are too selfish. They are only looking for a helpless victim and how they won't get caught! Personally, I believe that on the 2nd offense a molester should be chemically castrated. That of course will never happen. Because of THEIR RIGHTS! Have any of you watched Dateline, where the news anchorman, along with undercover posing as children, hook all those "lowlifes" in. One after another... and they all are lying conniving bastards, just wanting the 12 or 13 year old, and acting as though they're entitled! No, there is no cure for them. I believe some people are poor evil, and these are some of those that are!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmop
    I absolutely vote a big no on this poll. I do not believe you can rehabilitate a child molester. Child molesters are self centered and are not looking at how to rehabilitate themselves.They are too selfish. They are only looking for a helpless victim and how they won't get caught! Personally, I believe that on the 2nd offense a molester should be chemically castrated. That of course will never happen. Because of THEIR RIGHTS! Have any of you watched Dateline, where the news anchorman, along with undercover posing as children, hook all those "lowlifes" in. One after another... and they all are lying conniving bastards, just wanting the 12 or 13 year old, and acting as though they're entitled! No, there is no cure for them. I believe some people are poor evil, and these are some of those that are!
    Who says it taks a penis to molest....The DP should be used on repeat molesters

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Gal
    How about cutting something else off....sorry but i had to
    Hi Indy Gal,
    Thanks for your post.
    The man I was speaking about in my post here was fondling children.with his hands.
    You have to cut of their hands and cut out their tongues also.....

news link
    Avgoustov confessed to police during questioning that he had performed oral sex on the girl during a camp session on Tuesday.

Who says it taks a penis to molest....The DP should be used on repeat molesters
    I am sorry there should not be the chance to "repeat".
    You do it once and that is it.
    Games over. I am not willing to give them another chance. I am very comfortable with the notion that if you touch or abuse a child you never see the outside of a prison again. Ideally they just get the big sleep shot.

Jeana, first i am so sorry i have had no time for research but by monday my homework will be done. Second for everyone here just let me explain if you have not read all the posts. A couple folks here, myself included, are trying to make repeat child molesters a DP case in our state. It has already been done in the 6? states Jeana mentioned before. Please lets make this a group effort as suggested by Jeana. If you feel as strongly about it as i do lets all pull together and stop these sick SOBS. And please if you feel differant post it. Maybe i am over looking something i have yet to consider. I am just sick and tired of everytime i watch the news or read here another child has suffered like this. No child should suffer EVER. I could go on and on but as you may see i have lots of homework.

This isn't true. It may be true that most molesters were molested, but it is NOT true that most people who are molested molest. If that were the case, MOST people would be molesters. And they're not.

-snip- When people are molested they usually repeat the act when older.

No!

NO! They can NOT be rehabilitated.

http://www.onestrikelaw.org

Quote Originally Posted by sillyhead
    This isn't true. It may be true that most molesters were molested, but it is NOT true that most people who are molested molest. If that were the case, MOST people would be molesters. And they're not.
    I will try to find facts but IMO prolly more than half are molested when they were young. Please someone help me out here with some facts as i am not very good researching and am up to my ears in webpages at the moment.

No, they would still do it. CASTRATION doesn't prevent them from doing it, and there are many cases of blind child molesters.

Quote Originally Posted by sabego
    I voted no and will add that I have thought for sometime that if they lost their eyesight the world would be a safer place. I know it sounds cruel, but what they do is much worse!

Sabego

Nope, not the same. Any addiction is hard to break, yes, but the success rate for alcohol, drugs, gambling, while not high is WAYYYY higher than success rates for pedos. They're not the same. There is a huge difference. There is also the fact that, while many times, other people are affected by the addictions I mention, there is NO instance when another person is not affected by pedophilia. It's a destroyer in every single case.

No cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    Can alcoholism be cured?
    Can drug addiction be cured?
    Can a child molester be cured?

I think all of the above, in addition to other addictions, can be put under control with proper (AND INTENSE) counselling and therapy, but THEN ONLY IF THE person wants the help --- Help or no help, the addiction doesn't go away - it is always in the back of their mind, somewhere, lurking, patiently, reading to grab control of you again should you NOT keep yourself on a straight and narrow path.

Also, I believe we all do have some type of addiction, wanna share yours?

[There is also the fact that, while many times, other people are affected by the addictions I mention, there is NO instance when another person is not affected by pedophilia. It's a destroyer in every single case.

No cigar.[/QUOTE]
    ummmmmm their wives/husbands, their children, their moms/dads etc...it not only hurts theirselves but everyone around them

I think we're agreeing with each other. I said that most molesters probably WERE molested. I disagreed with the other poster who said most PEOPLE who are molested become molesters.

I will try to find facts but IMO prolly more than half are molested when they were young. Please someone help me out here with some facts as i am not very good researching and am up to my ears in webpages at the moment.

I will reply to you if you will read what I type before responding to me. Thanks.

[There is also the fact that, while many times, other people are affected by the addictions I mention, there is NO instance when another person is not affected by pedophilia. It's a destroyer in every single case.

No cigar.
    ummmmmm their wives/husbands, their children, their moms/dads etc...it not only hurts theirselves but everyone around them[/QUOTE]

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast