1014 users online (238 members and 776 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    251

    The Original Enhanced 911 Tape...

    I have heard the "original" enhanced 911 tape has never been released to the public...and that this is the version that's supposed to definitely have voices after Patsy says "Oh Jesus, oh Jesus, oh Jesus". I have heard that phrase on the available recordings, but of course, not the voices that are supposed to come after it.

    Has the original, most pristine copy really never been available outside of the police?

    Whether or not Burke could be heard on it is quite important when it comes to his own given accounts...since according to him he was awake when Patsy made the 911 call, but was in his bedroom pretending to be asleep.

    Other snippets of his accounts places Jonbenet waking up when the family got home on the 25th, and walking into the house (contradicting his parents).
    When asked if he'd had or gotten any pineapple that night, he responded that he couldn't remember.
    He did claim to have heard voices in the distance of the house during the night...but couldn't say if they'd been a dream or not.

    Trying to place if Burke was lying at all...or had been coached a bit (albeit imperfectly)...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    "Has the original, most pristine copy really never been available outside of the police?"

    Not that I know of.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "Has the original, most pristine copy really never been available outside of the police?"

    Not that I know of.
    I read yesterday that the FBI at Quantico examined the tapes and determined there were no voices of Burke and John or anyone else at the end.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    I quote BlueCrab from an earlier post

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    That's misinformation. The enhanced final few seconds of Patsy's 911 call does indeed exist. However, it has never been released to the public.

    On April 21, 1997 BPD Detective Melissa Hickman took the original 911 tape to giant defense contractor Aerospace Corporation in El Segundo, California. The U.S. government is its main customer. And Aerospace Corporation doesn't manufacture anything -- it employs over 3,000 of the world's top scientists and engineers to further the nation's space and defense technologies. The company also trains local and state law enforcement agencies in these new techologies at little or no cost.

    After Aerospace Corporation engineers Mike Epstein and Jim Roeder worked on the 911 tape they successfully enhanced John's and Burke's voices at the end of the tape. Burke Ramsey's voice is on the tape, which was recorded at 5:52 AM, proving the Ramseys lied when they claimed Burke was in bed all night and until 7:00 AM that morning when they woke him and took him to the White's house. That lie taints everything else the Ramseys had to say that morning.

    The enhanced 911 tape exists and incriminates the Ramseys in a lie. It's one of the many reasons the cops will never let them out from under their "umbrella of suspicion".

    BlueCrab

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    I quote BlueCrab from an earlier post
    Interesting...it's a shame it was never released into the public sphere...since one can't detect any voice with the recordings that are available.

    Is surprising considering everything else that has come out, that that recording has never gotten "out there".

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthingSleuth
    Interesting...it's a shame it was never released into the public sphere...since one can't detect any voice with the recordings that are available.

    Is surprising considering everything else that has come out, that that recording has never gotten "out there".
    It's sort of like the phone records that never got out there, or even into the hands of LE.....imho

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    29

    I've heard an enhanced 911 call

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg"]jbr-911-call.avi - YouTube[/ame]

    Not sure if it's real.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen92 View Post
    jbr-911-call.avi - YouTube

    Not sure if it's real.
    This is part of OTG's work. Discussion relating to this is on the following thread starting at post #96:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=116144&page=4

    He has higher quality "wav" files uploaded to:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sz5vaaab2evbo
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Collingwood , Ontario
    Posts
    1,828
    Iam gonna assume the 911 call is on you tube or something like it ...If im right Im hoping someone can help me with 2 questions. The first being can someone or a few of you tell me what you think u heard on the 911 and if its on youtube or where ever does anyone know the second or minute marker you all think u hear it...whatever it is.
    __________________
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Collingwood , Ontario
    Posts
    1,828
    hey what do all of you think was said in the 911 call or what u heard?
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    hey what do all of you think was said in the 911 call or what u heard?
    I can tell you what I heard when Geraldo played a copy he had gotten of the enhanced 911 call. Yes, he played it several times and I heard it. Period. It was also advertised as a scoop on a couple of TV shows like "Hard Copy" for a day or so--though can't remember what the names of those shows were back in '98 or '99 when I heard it.

    Also, keep in mind that the DA was ordered to turn a copy of the original 911 call (not the enhanced tape, though) over to Burke Ramsey's lawyer by a judge before Burke testified for the grand jury. That was because the law was that anyone testifying before a grand jury had the right to see all statements LE had which were attributed to that person. That's including what others stated the person had said TO THEM, which would be hearsay, but still were considered witness "statements" under the grand jury law, as I remember it--if I'm wrong, I appreciate any clarification anyone has about that.

    When Geraldo played the copy leaked to his producers, it was unintelligible to me. Of course, I was hearing it over TV speakers, which weren't that sensitive or electronically great in those days, but Geraldo AND HIS GUEST who was there for commentary both said they couldn't make out exactly what was said.

    As far as tonal syntax, what Thomas reported in his book was close enough. But the words were slushy and distorted, so I feel it's a guess at best.

    I can say that I heard a deeper, male voice which was terse, and a higher pitched, pleading tone from another speaker. It was brief.

    Geraldo played it several times; the "words" reported by Thomas were imposed on the bottom of the screen, captioned. But personally I could not say precisely what the two speakers were saying.

    According to one person from the forums who heard it, Geraldo's airing of the tape was buried in the "replay" cycle which happened early the next morning--I'm thinking maybe 1 am or 2 am or so. Numerous others online have stated they heard it as well, or knew someone who had, but it's a long, hot debate because Team Ramsey doesn't want to admit there were voices on the tape, and some people just don't believe that Geraldo played it and they didn't hear about it as most anything about this case was so heavily reported and discussed. I wasn't online at the time, so I had no reason to tape it, never even crossed my mind; who knew it would disappear, along with all documentation it ever happened? It was only about 15 minutes of the show, at any rate, including commercials.

    The aforementioned poster wrote that she had seen it played on Geraldo also, and she set up her VCR to tape the show on the repeat later that night, but when the repeat came on, there was a message at the beginning of it stating there was a legal problem with part of the show, which would be deleted from the repeat broadcast. I have no reason to doubt that, as I saw the original airing; but I didn't attempt to watch the repeat--it wasn't that big of a deal in my life at the time and I already had heard it, after all. Geraldo's show had transcripts of each episode for a long time, which you could research online; but it was literally years later when people were trying to find proof any of this happened and amazingly, there was no mention of that enhanced tape ever being played on his show--just to show you how far the Ramsey case tentacles have gone all these years in the cover up of this murder.

    My guess is the airing of this was covered up so thoroughly because Burke was a minor, as well as the tape was "leaked" from the still ongoing case, which angered LE and Team Ramsey. No doubt in my mind Geraldo's producers were called and threatened with legal action promptly, so they made it disappear as fast as it appeared.

    Really, in the end, it's not that big of a deal, because the voices are on the call and that's a fact of evidence corroborated by numerous LE sources: Thomas's report has never been disputed by anyone inside the investigation, like Lou Smit, for instance. Aerospace Int. gave a statement to the press, as well, at the time the Ramsey shills were spreading this "no voices" propaganda through Michael Tracey's and Smit's newest crocumentary; Aerospace stated they stood by their work on the tape enhancement.

    When Tracey's crocumentary came out with what Team Ramsey staged as proof there were no voices on the tape, Michael Kane was on one of the TV shows discussing this in an interview arguing with Lin Wood's assertion that there were no voices on that tape. Kane stated to Wood that he has heard it and indeed there is "something" on there. He even offered to meet Lin Wood in Boulder to hear it together--which HUNTER IMMEDIATELY STATED TO THE MEDIA THE NEXT DAY THAT WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

    Also on that same show, which we have transcripts of online, as well, Larry Shiller appeared and he clearly tried to assertain there were voices on the enhanced tape, though Wood and the cross-talk made it hard for him to get a word in edgewise. Remember Shiller somehow had a lot of access to the case files and witnesses, and that's how he wrote the case bible, PMPT.

    But there is no disputing that Hunter was forced to turn a copy of the original 911 call (not the enhanced tape, which was created from the original 911 call tape and was therefore processed evidence analysis) over to Burke's attorney, and why would the judge do that if Burke wasn't on the tape, or at least suspected of being the "high pitched, pleading voice" on it? He certainly had no right to it if it wasn't him.

    One point I will also make: when I heard the "enhanced tape" all I heard was the section from the end, where Patsy doesn't quite hang up. I make this point because when the original 911 call was released to Wood and Tracey and we heard the whole thing for the first time, it was some years into the case; Mary Lacy was DA by then. When I heard the full call, I was confused; I had no recollection of Patsy's voice or the dispatcher's, or of what they said. I was about to post that I must have been wrong about what I'd heard on Geraldo's show--when people tell you you're wrong long enough, you may begin to believe them--when a poster spoke up who already understood that THE ENHANCED TAPE was not the full call, but only created from the segment at the end. Aha! Of course: if you're electronically tweaking a tape to drop out louder sound to hear more subtle background, you'd have to focus on the part you're trying to hear, not the distinct sound. So I realized that's why I had no memory of Patsy, etc., on the call--I hadn't heard that.

    Keep in mind all these things happened over a period of YEARS, when we saw the evidence come out slowly, piece by piece, spun and twisted, debated and denied, sources withheld, lies told. It was very confusing to the layperson like me, and trying to track down and figure out the simple truth was harder than you can imagine now.

    But I have no reason to lie about it; I don't know anyone in this case, and I never hope to know anyone in this case. Frankly at this point, I wish I'd never heard of this case--I could have become a rocket scientist in the time I've spent on understanding and unraveling it.

    Besides, if it is Burke and John speaking in the background, so what? The Ramseys lied--shocker. When did they not lie? That hasn't nailed them up to this point. It's not critical evidence, IMO, at any rate, because it proves only that the Ramseys lied, and I would bet a lot they'd have another excuse about why they did that, as well.

    Remember "Burke was asleep"? We heard that from them for years, up until they gave the National Enquirer interview--part of their settlement agreement in the lawsuit against the parent company of The Globe. Then lo and behold: Oops! We were mistaken, we THOUGHT he was asleep, but he wasn't! It was so long ago! La de da. Had they learned from grand jury testimony Burke said he was awake? Did they know by then that he was captured on the enhancement of the 911 call and so were setting up a preemptive excuse?

    I have stated on the case forums what I saw/heard on Geraldo's nighttime legal/political show since I came online in the Spring of 2000. Many others have also said they heard it, and none of us even knew each other except as "hats" online.

    As for Lin Wood's copy of the original which was given to him by Mary Lacy: it was NOT a copy of the "enhanced tape," but a copy of the original call. That copy was basically used to help Tracey spread more Ramsey spin about it in one of Tracey's Team Ramsey crocumentaries. No one knows who mechanically/electronically copied the call onto a medium for Wood, or if it was edited to cut out the "voices." That would explain why the pro-Ramsey media shills hired to "enhance" the call on their own didn't hear anything--if that's even true; also they probably didn't have equipment nearly as sensitive or advanced as Aerospace Int., either.

    We know Mary Lacy was as corrupt as it was possible to be when it came to "clearing" the Ramseys, so I don't trust anything that came out of her office.

    So that's all I know. If I'm wrong about some of my speculation and theory, it's not for lack of trying to find the truth. Useless at that has been....

    But I heard the enhanced tape of the "voices" on the 911 call played by Geraldo and it's much like Thomas said--it sounds something like those words, but I can't say it is exactly that.

    Edited to add: I truly hate writing about this anymore, as people believe what they want to believe and invariably I get attacked for simply stating what I saw because so much BS has gone on for so long, the truth gets buried in it. But you asked, so take it or leave it; it is what it is.
    Last edited by KoldKase; 06-18-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Bloomies underwear model:
    Bloomies model


    My opinions, nothing more.



Similar Threads

  1. The enhanced 911 ending
    By cynic in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
  2. GUILTY UT - Charlissa Sireech for child abuse, Fort Duchesne, 2004
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 10:04 AM
  3. enhanced 911 call
    By Voice of Reason in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
  4. "Geraldo" Show W/Enhanced Ramsey 911 Tape...
    By Ames in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
  5. Why can you never hear the enhanced 911 call
    By HollywoodBound in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 12:15 PM