NC - Rafael Castillo, 65, shot to death, Hillsborough, 30 Aug 2006

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SCHOOL_SHOOTING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (AP) -- A teenager accused of killing his father and opening fire outside his former high school was obsessed with school massacres and sent e-mail to the principal of Columbine High School in Colorado warning of his attack, authorities said Thursday.

"Dear Principal," the e-mail read. "In a few hours you will probably hear about a school shooting in North Carolina. I am responsible for it. I remember Columbine. It is time the world remembered it. I am sorry. Goodbye."

Alvaro Castillo sent the message Wednesday morning, shortly before two students were wounded by the gunfire in the Orange High School parking lot in Hillsborough, said Orange County Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass. One student was grazed by a bullet and another was injured by flying glass.

Castillo, 19, was quickly arrested, and police found two pipe bombs and two rifles in the van he was driving and four additional pipe bombs at his home, authorities said.

Glad they caught the twerp. Doesn't sound like he was as nearly prepared as the Columbine shooters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter
Back