1366 users online (367 members and 999 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PSL man facing felony charges after allegedly mooning kids out of anger

PORT ST. LUCIE — A 19-year-old local man was behind bars Thursday in lieu of $100,000 bail after he allegedly "mooned" four children and exposed his genitalia, according to a jail official and an arrest affidavit.
    James E. Mitchell, of the 800 block of Southeast Sweetbay Avenue, faces four felony counts of lewd / lascivious exposure to a person under 16 in connection with the 6:40 p.m. Wednesday incident.

The victims, who range in age from 9 to 13 years old, told police that Mitchell "mooned" them and exposed his genitals.

Mitchell reportedly admitted to the acts, saying he was angry at the victims. Mitchell was held Thursday in the St. Lucie County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bail, a jail official said.
    http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...958756,00.html

$100,000 bail for mooning?? What he did was immature, and I am in no way condoning his actions, but seriously. Why such a high bail? And I'm reading this after I just read on another thread here that a mother and grandmother of a 20 month old who DIED from severe burns were on $10,000 bail. Shouldn't this be the other way around? No, he shouldn't have done it, and yes, he should be punished, but wow. I guess I'm more angry about the mother and grandmother's bail being set so low than anything else. Let's just hope the sentencing doesn't follow the same pattern. I can see it now. 6 months for the mother and grandmother, and a few years for an immature teenager.

What is this world coming to when mooning is illegal?
    It's the human body - it's a gesture that is immature, yes, but certainly has humor to it, not like lewd shaking of genitalia or anything. People (in my opinion) are WAAAAY too "strict" about that kind of thing - and WAAAAY too lax about things that are important.

I was in a chorus at a serious competition and one song we turned our backs to the audience prior to the start of the song. As we did, one of the opposing chorus members mooned us. It was THE funniest thing to have happen at such a serious moment when we were supposed to be composed! We were quite young, and I thought it was hilarious.

No way are those kids going to be damaged by this. Now, if the guy was angry at them, he could have chased them and screamed at them, scaring the daylights out of them... and not been in trouble at all. I'd rather my kid get mooned.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    What is this world coming to when mooning is illegal?
    It's the human body - it's a gesture that is immature, yes, but certainly has humor to it, not like lewd shaking of genitalia or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    ...and exposed his genitalia...
    I think this is why the charge is so serious, and the bail set so high.