1299 users online (203 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

Remember Cheerleading Mom's Jealousy

During the initial investigation, were all the contestants' parents from all the pageants interviewed? It is scary to think of who may lurk in the darkened audiences of these pageants, however, jealousy is a powerful drug and some parents (as we know from the cheerleading case) will go to the extreme to allow their child to win. These pageants cost the parents lots of money, so most people involved in them would have a hefty bank account. Could it be that there was a contract put out on JB and if so, perhaps someone in the loop of the pageant industry in the know about the R's.

Just another theory and my own opinion.

Anything is possible...and if it weren't for all the things that point toward a non-intruder, I'd go along with your theory.

If it were a hit...then why do all the things "extra" things they did? Clean up the body? Hide the body? Write the ransom note? If it were a "hit," then I would think someone would have just killed her and that would have been that. There was just too much staging, IMO, for it to be an outside job.

But you idea is certainly interesting. That Texas cheerleading mom was certainly bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon
    During the initial investigation, were all the contestants' parents from all the pageants interviewed? It is scary to think of who may lurk in the darkened audiences of these pageants, however, jealousy is a powerful drug and some parents (as we know from the cheerleading case) will go to the extreme to allow their child to win. These pageants cost the parents lots of money, so most people involved in them would have a hefty bank account. Could it be that there was a contract put out on JB and if so, perhaps someone in the loop of the pageant industry in the know about the R's.

Just another theory and my own opinion.
    Hi rose and welcome to WS.

Your theory is also one that crossed my mind early in the investigation - either a jealous "stage mother" or simply a jealous person in the Ramsey's community who was sick of hearing about how great little JB was, how great the R's home was, so great they had a christmas open house which the public came to see, and just wanted to take something away from these smug fatcats. In fact, if an intruder suspect came along and followed these lines, my ears would prick up and I would at least temporarily suspend my membership in the RDI club to give this suspect a fair look (I'd probably be more open to the idea than I ever was to JMK as the killer, lol)

some problems - I am a mother. I don't see how I could sneak away for any stretch of time on Christmas night to go murder a rival pageant child without my family calling in a search party - I don't think the jealous stage mom coould pull it off either.

I also don't think hiring a hit man is as easy as it looks on TV. You don't find them in the Yellow Pages!

let's say the jealous stage mother just happens to have a BIL who just happens to be a hit man. He goes into the Ramsey house, kills the kid, and leaves. What hitman is going to hang around and pen a 2 and a half page (very creative and imaginative!) ransom letter, head bash and strangle the victim, and why hide her in the basement? And why wrap her lovingly in a blanket, papoose style? And why penetrate her with a paintbrush handle? What does a hitman have to gain by staging a phony kidnapping? Why does he need to hide the body?

I think a hit man would come in, kill quick, and be gone.

(I'll not bother to go into Ramsey lies and evasions etc.)

imho