IDI'S answer me this.

Brutal Truth

Reaction score
I have seen alot of people saying over the last week that an intruder murdered JBR. And that the ramseys loved their daughter or couldnt have brutally murdered her and then staged the scene.

Ok fine. Now put yourself in the ramseys shoes. If you knew beyond the shadows of doubt you were innocent and loved JBR with all your heart.

Then why in the hell would you stand in the way of LE doing their job to bring this intruder to justice?

Why would you phone your pilot to get the plane ready shortly after you found your beloved daughter in the basement dead?

What loving parent would want to deal with a flight to Atlanta after the stress of your daughters death? Would you not want to stay and help?

Would you not feel compelled to tell LE that you would help in any way you could? Rather than run with your tail tucked between your legs.

Why would you feel insulted about a lie detector test by LE, when you want justice for your daughter and their the ones conducting the investigation?

Why would the only action you would take in your daughters death is legal action?

Why would you spill the beans on national TV, yet you wouldnt give LE the time of day?

Why would you have so many holes in your story each time you told them?

Would common sense not dictate, that if they clear us they can move on with the investigation?

Why would you try and play the victim?

When there was only one victim and that was JBR. LE was just doing their job.

I ask you these question because these are the actions taken by the wonderful, loving parents John and Patsy Ramsey. And these questions dont even scratch the surface of the love these parent showed to bring justice for JBR.

Forget any minute evidence of an intruder. Would these actions by loving
parents not spell out guilty?

And please dont give me this crap that they only focused on the ramseys. That has been proven false. It just so happened out of everyone questioned things always seem to come ful circle and point to the ramseys.

Brutal Truth said:
I have seen alot of people saying over the last week that an intruder murdered JBR. And that the ramseys loved their daughter or couldnt have brutally murdered her and then staged the scene.

Ok fine. Now put yourself in the ramseys shoes. If you knew beyond the shadows of doubt you were innocent and loved JBR with all your heart.

Then why in the hell would you stand in the way of LE doing their job to bring this intruder to justice?

Why would you phone your pilot to get the plane ready shortly after you found your beloved daughter in the basement dead?

What loving parent would want to deal with a flight to Atlanta after the stress of your daughters death? Would you not want to stay and help?

Would you not feel compelled to tell LE that you would help in any way you could? Rather than run with your tail tucked between your legs.

Why would you feel insulted about a lie detector test by LE, when you want justice for your daughter and their the ones conducting the investigation?

Why would the only action you would take in your daughters death is legal action?

Why would you spill the beans on national TV, yet you wouldnt give LE the time of day?

Would common sense not dictate, that if they clear us they can move on with the investigation?

I ask you these question because these are the actions taken by the wonderful, loving parents John and Patsy Ramsey. And these questions dont even scratch the surface of the love these parent showed to bring justice for JBR.

And please dont give me this crap that they only focused on the ramseys. That has been proven false. It just so happened out of everyone questioned things always seem to come ful circle and point to the ramseys.
Excellent questions, and there is no satisfactory overall answer. Everything you have listed is another nail in the Ramseys' well-nailed coffin.

Added to that, you have the way they deliberately ignored the 'kidnappers'' demands and flooded the crime scene with people, and the fact that despite an alleged intruder having prolonged very close physical contact with the child, there was NO, repeat NO credible non-Ramsey DNA at the crime scene.

Any intruder who was capable of carrying this out without clear signs of entry, without leaving ANY DNA - requiring special all-body suiting, face/headwear, footwear and gloves - would not have jacked around with a ridiculous note written by a moron. A moron like Patsy Ramsey. If they wouldn't even leave DNA, why would they leave such a note? A kidnapper of this level of stealthy sophistication would have been in and out in as short a time as possible. The note, if any, would have been pre-printed, not hand written, and it would have made sense. This is pathetic.

Nothing about the case suggests that the Ramseys were telling the truth. Absolutely nothing. Yet there are countless things pointing to their guilt.

Gee... what a tough call...

Bronte Nut said:
If they wouldn't even leave DNA, why would they leave a note?
Excellent question and observation.

The only thing that bothers me is a lot of RDI speculation. Why would they not cooperate? Don't know. Why would they hire attorneys? Don't know. Certainly, I would not react that way. However, none of that PROVES guilt. It is all speculation. You need actual evidence to prove guilt. The fact that fibers of theirs were on the body is no big deal. They live there. She lived there. Doesn't seem to me to prove anything. Patsy's fibers should be in the paint- it was her paint. Her fibers should be on JBR- I'm sure they hugged, I'm sure she put her to bed. No one seems to think that an unknown arm or pubic hair left on the blanket is a source of concern, so why would fibers of the people who live there be one?

Brutal Truth said:

I fall in the camp of those who think Burke did it (my opinion only -- not based on anything but my observation of the facts).

The reason LE can't charge the parents is simple. The DA has no evidence that the parents killed JonBenet. That is because they did NOT do it. I think Burke did it and it was an accident. He caused her death, but he didn't intend to. There is plenty of evidence that the parents obstructed justice, lied, altered the scene, did everything they could to take Burke out of the picture.

It is just so hard for me to imagine that scrawny kid having the strength to strangle or bash anything. There is no doubt that it takes great strength to sustain a hold long enough for it to kill someone. Not to mention to muster the force it would take to cause a fracture of that stature.

i_dont_chat said:
I fall in the camp of those who think Burke did it (my opinion only -- not based on anything but my observation of the facts).

The reason LE can't charge the parents is simple. The DA has no evidence that the parents killed JonBenet. That is because they did NOT do it. I think Burke did it and it was an accident. He caused her death, but he didn't intend to. There is plenty of evidence that the parents obstructed justice, lied, altered the scene, did everything they could to take Burke out of the picture.

I disagree. They had evidence on the Ramseys. And I truly believe if they were ordinary common people without so much clout, they would be in jail and thats where Patsy would have died.

olive said:

The only thing that bothers me is a lot of RDI speculation. Why would they not cooperate? Don't know. Why would they hire attorneys? Don't know. Certainly, I would not react that way. However, none of that PROVES guilt. It is all speculation. You need actual evidence to prove guilt. The fact that fibers of theirs were on the body is no big deal. They live there. She lived there. Doesn't seem to me to prove anything. Patsy's fibers should be in the paint- it was her paint. Her fibers should be on JBR- I'm sure they hugged, I'm sure she put her to bed. No one seems to think that an unknown arm or pubic hair left on the blanket is a source of concern, so why would fibers of the people who live there be one?

It may not prove guilt but it certainly implies your guilty. And the fiber were a big deal considering Patsy said she was never in the basement in those clothes. And her fibers intertwined in the garrote knot. Come on thats not something that just appears there.

Brutal Truth said:
It may not prove guilt but it certainly implies your guilty. And the fiber were a big deal considering Patsy said she was never in the basement in those clothes. And her fibers intertwined in the garrote knot. Come on thats not something that just appears there.
Don't forget, John's shirt fibers were found in JB's genital area, that doesn't happen just by living in the same household!!!:eek:

Brutal Truth said:
And the fiber were a big deal considering Patsy said she was never in the basement in those clothes.
She wouldn't have to be. She wore the clothes just that night- I'm sure she left fibers on JonBenet from their contact during the evening. Hugs, etc. Fibers could have been transported on JonBenet herself, not by Patsy.

As far as the garrot.. that is disputable depending on how they were intertwined. I don't know enough about this subject, so feel free to correct me. But couldn't it be possible that fibers were left on JonBenet's hair and neck from hugging her mom that night, and that is how they got stuck in the garrot? Remember, the garrot was furrowed deep into her neck- it would definitely pick up whatever was on the skin.

LinasK said:
Don't forget, John's shirt fibers were found in JB's genital area, that doesn't happen just by living in the same household!!!:eek:
But I have read many accounts that think these were left by a washcloth, from wiping her. That they weren't necessarily from his shirt- they could have been fibers from a variety of things. Steve Thomas states he thinks they are from a washcloth.

IMO, the problem was NOT that they didn't have enough to charge A Ramsey with the murder of JBR, but that they didn't know WHICH Ramsey did what. You cannot charge John Ramsey for murder if you aren't sure if it was him or Patsy that actualy killed JBR. And the same for Patsy.

olive said:
But I have read many accounts that think these were left by a washcloth, from wiping her. That they weren't necessarily from his shirt- they could have been fibers from a variety of things. Steve Thomas states he thinks they are from a washcloth.
And I have read, although I can't quote source, that the fibers were from the black shirt he was wearing that night that was made in Israel.

Cypros said:
IMO, the problem was NOT that they didn't have enough to charge A Ramsey with the murder of JBR, but that they didn't know WHICH Ramsey did what. You cannot charge John Ramsey for murder if you aren't sure if it was him or Patsy that actualy killed JBR. And the same for Patsy.
I say charge 'em both for collusion, and obstruction of justice!:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

olive said:
She wouldn't have to be. She wore the clothes just that night- I'm sure she left fibers on JonBenet from their contact during the evening. Hugs, etc. Fibers could have been transported on JonBenet herself, not by Patsy.

As far as the garrot.. that is disputable depending on how they were intertwined. I don't know enough about this subject, so feel free to correct me. But couldn't it be possible that fibers were left on JonBenet's hair and neck from hugging her mom that night, and that is how they got stuck in the garrot? Remember, the garrot was furrowed deep into her neck- it would definitely pick up whatever was on the skin.
Right, but this girl was wiped clean. How did her fibers get under the sticky side of the duct tape, when she was never in the basement? And the fibers werent just laying on the knot. They were actually intertwined in the knot. That does not come from a hug.

Brutal Truth said:
Right, but this girl was wiped clean. How did her fibers get under the sticky side of the duct tape, when she was never in the basement? And the fibers werent just laying on the knot. They were actually intertwined in the knot. That does not come from a hug.
No, what I'm saying is that if Jonbenet had her face burrowed on her mom, in a hug for instance, and Patsy was wearing the jacket, those fibers could have been on her neck, hair and face. The duct tape was put over her mouth, which is part of her face. All it would take is for her to burrow her face on her mom's jacket, and fibers would be on her face. And the fibers could become intertwined due to how deep the ligature was in her skin. Her bottom was wiped clean, not her face.

If it was IDI and the Ramseys are completely innocent...one would have to face up to the fact that the intruder left behind no DNA, no prints, no fibers, and no footprints.
Pretty much, he'd have to have been in a plastic suit, and touched nothing with his actual body or clothing.

Then you have the issue of how he got in and out. I do not believe the evidence points towards anyone entering or exiting through the basement window.
So, it's unknown how this intruder entered the house and then made his escape hours later.

The "garrotting" strangulation, cord around the wrist, duct tape over mouth, and the RN were all elements of staging. The use of the paintbrush handle on the vagina possibly was also staging.
An intruder has no reason to stage a crime scene to look like the work of an intruder.

This intruder would also have to feel very comfortable in a large house with 3 other people sleeping in it while he does his work, and mind you, a house he's not been in before. He thumbs his nose at alarm warnings. Lady Luck is on his side as he comes on a night when the dog isn't there.

This intruder also managed to feed his victim pineapple in the dead of night and also seemed to know which was the victim's favorite nightgown.

It's also unlikely an intruder who just committed such a perfect crime in a house of people would stop at one. Abductions would seem downright boring to such a person now...he would have continued.
Are there any similar cases though in the last 10 years?

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before,but what sticks out in my mind when you mentioned JR trying to get everyone to Atlanta not long after JB's body was found is this: not only would an innocent parent want to stay and help with the investigation (i can understand if JR wanted to get PR and BR to a safe place),an innocent parent would also be kind and caring enough to accompany his murdered dd's body to the morgue.It's like putting flowers on a loved one's grave,because it's one of the last things you can do for a loved one.I don't think I have ever heard JR's explanation for that.(which would probably be excuses anyway,no doubt).To me that alone was showing some guilt.
I know many people here probably have pets, so think about how you behaved when a beloved pet passed away.It was probably more caring than the R's acted.To me, running off to another state so soon would be abandoning my child, even if she was already deceased.

• If it was IDI and the Ramseys are completely innocent...one would have to face up to the fact that the intruder left behind no DNA, no prints, no fibers, and no footprints.
While the Ramsey's left fibers all over the crime scene.

How many men can come in from outside after walking through snow or melted snow and dirt and not leave traces on the carpet?

• Then you have the issue of how he got in and out. I do not believe the evidence points towards anyone entering or exiting through the basement window.
  • So, it's unknown how this intruder entered the house and then made his escape hours later.
The neighbor's yappy dogs didn't even bark.

From the neighbor's interview?

Dog That Didn't Bark. "A third neighbour, to the West, said that her dogs who barked at anyone in the alley, just as they did when the police came to question her, made no noise Wednesday night." [Note: Wednesday refers to the night of Christmas, i.e., the night JBR died] (Thomas 2000a:49).

• The "garrotting" strangulation, cord around the wrist, duct tape over mouth, and the RN were all elements of staging. The use of the paintbrush handle on the vagina possibly was also staging. An intruder has no reason to stage a crime scene to look like the work of an intruder.
A sex-crazed pedophile would not have been afraid to touch JB "there". He would have done things that would have left hair, fibers, bites, and good forensic evidence.

One of the red flags that drew the BPD's suspicion about the sex-scene was the tidiness. It didn't ring true to experienced investigators.

Although Ramsey fibers were everywhere. Even twisted into the garrotte.

• This intruder would also have to feel very comfortable in a large house with 3 other people sleeping in it while he does his work, and mind you, a house he's not been in before. He thumbs his nose at alarm warnings. Lady Luck is on his side as he comes on a night when the dog isn't there.
  • This intruder also managed to feed his victim pineapple in the dead of night and also seemed to know which was the victim's favorite nightgown.
  • It's also unlikely an intruder who just committed such a perfect crime in a house of people would stop at one. Abductions would seem downright boring to such a person now...he would have continued.
Your post was great Sluething Slueth.

SleuthingSleuth said:
If it was IDI and the Ramseys are completely innocent...one would have to face up to the fact that the intruder left behind no DNA, no prints, no fibers, and no footprints.
Pretty much, he'd have to have been in a plastic suit, and touched nothing with his actual body or clothing.

Then you have the issue of how he got in and out. I do not believe the evidence points towards anyone entering or exiting through the basement window.
So, it's unknown how this intruder entered the house and then made his escape hours later.

The "garrotting" strangulation, cord around the wrist, duct tape over mouth, and the RN were all elements of staging. The use of the paintbrush handle on the vagina possibly was also staging.
An intruder has no reason to stage a crime scene to look like the work of an intruder.

This intruder would also have to feel very comfortable in a large house with 3 other people sleeping in it while he does his work, and mind you, a house he's not been in before. He thumbs his nose at alarm warnings. Lady Luck is on his side as he comes on a night when the dog isn't there.

This intruder also managed to feed his victim pineapple in the dead of night and also seemed to know which was the victim's favorite nightgown.

It's also unlikely an intruder who just committed such a perfect crime in a house of people would stop at one. Abductions would seem downright boring to such a person now...he would have continued.
Are there any similar cases though in the last 10 years?
Precisely. This guy did it all. He was a kidnapper, murderer, pedophile, house cleaner, and the worlds stealthiest criminal all in one.

You said some that sticks out to me. "An intruder has no reason to stage a crime scene to look like the work of an intruder".

Thats right especially when theres no evidence of him in the first place.

olive said:

Olive, I agree. There is a lot of RDI speculation. I have yet to read any evidence that links the Ramsey's to the crime.

For some people, running is a normal human response to an ordeal they simply are not capable of handling. They have a desire to get as far away from the situation as possible.
Also, put yourself in the place of the Ramsey's that morning. They were in shock and terrified. I certainly would have been.
The fact that they hired an Attorney means nothing. From what I have heard, a friend of John's advised him to retain an Attorney and he followed his advise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back