More RN speculation: Subconscious writing

Paladin

Former Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's possible that when PR wrote the note, she was subconsciously slipping clues to us in there? From what I can discern from reading the RN, a total of 3 individuals were referenced, namely: (1) the writer, who references themself in a genderless fashion, meaning they could be a woman or a man. (2 & 3) the "two gentlemen" looking over JonBenet.

So we have the possibility of 3 men involved, or 1 woman and 2 men.

1 woman and 2 men in the house = PR and JR and BR

Subconsciously, I think the two gentlemen watching over JonBenet were John and Burke Ramsey.

Paladin, read Andrew Hodges' book! That will expand on this more than I can.

And does it really take "two gentlemen" to watch over a 6 year old girl?

Paladin said:
And does it really take "two gentlemen" to watch over a 6 year old girl?

That is something a MOTHER would write..."two gentlemen". Patsy was subconciously thinking that she would want JonBenet to be cared for by gentlemen instead of a "foreign faction".

on one of these threads someone posted a radio interview with a man who worked for JR at Access Graphics. He turned AG in because of some shady dealings, to Lockheed Martin,as you can assume the R's were not happy. Scroll forward after the murder he becomes a suspect named by ,you guessed it the R"s. He is interviewed many times by LE. He finds out that the week before he had dinner at Pasta Jays with another former AG employee and their wives,just an informal get together and they run into Papa Paugh. His feeling is Papa Paugh told JR about seeing him, and then the story is spread that he and the other guy were planning JBR's murder. He is shocked. But that is not the end of his surprise, he then finally reads the ransom note where it states the fact about the 2 gentleman looking over JR's daughter and really gets the feeling it was hinting that he and the other man were in on the kidnapping.

I hope whoever posted that link will do so again,it is really worth listening to.
And really when you think of the note and the nasty threats and foreign faction that is supposedly involved and then read about 2 gentleman that do not like John it is very strange.

I've always thought the phrase "Listen carefully!" was written by someone who was accustomed to actually speaking to John.

"Listen carefully"-- a strange phrase to put in a note isn't it?

It's hard to listen to the written words unless you are going to read them aloud.

MysteryAddict said:

It's hard to listen to the written words unless you are going to read them aloud.
Yes, it is literally a stage phrase.

MysteryAddict said:

Makes me wonder if the note was actually supposed to have been taken with the murderer, to be used as a script for calling the Ramsey's later (assuming it was written by an intruder). Very, very far-fetched, I know...

simplesimon said:
on one of these threads someone posted a radio interview with a man who worked for JR at Access Graphics. He turned AG in because of some shady dealings, to Lockheed Martin,as you can assume the R's were not happy. Scroll forward after the murder he becomes a suspect named by ,you guessed it the R"s. He is interviewed many times by LE. He finds out that the week before he had dinner at Pasta Jays with another former AG employee and their wives,just an informal get together and they run into Papa Paugh. His feeling is Papa Paugh told JR about seeing him, and then the story is spread that he and the other guy were planning JBR's murder. He is shocked. But that is not the end of his surprise, he then finally reads the ransom note where it states the fact about the 2 gentleman looking over JR's daughter and really gets the feeling it was hinting that he and the other man were in on the kidnapping.

I hope whoever posted that link will do so again,it is really worth listening to.
And really when you think of the note and the nasty threats and foreign faction that is supposedly involved and then read about 2 gentleman that do not like John it is very strange.
At your service!!

http://dimwit.byethost5.com/jeff merrick.mp3

Thanks,Sandraladeda

I really found this whole story compelling,Jeff seems like a real unassuming guy that was quite shocked to be caught up in all this,

simplesimon said:
Thanks,Sandraladeda

I really found this whole story compelling,Jeff seems like a real unassuming guy that was quite shocked to be caught up in all this,
He totally seemed like a regular guy.

I liked hearing the cameraderie between hm and his friend, Erly (sp?)

I have said it before - hearing that interview made me so angry, and made me see what an evil, calculating man JR is/was....imho

It's funny how the writer starts to write "don't respect your business," but changes it to "do," and starts to write "do particularly like you," but changes it to don't.

Also noticed the part about putting the money in a brown paper bag. Didn't Linda Arndt's report mention a paper bag full of kids clothes at the base of the stairs?

simplesimon said:

Thanks for posting this. I'd like to know a lot more about the Ramsey's business dealings and the enemies they made. The phrase "two gentlemen" of course is ironic, deliberate irony. Child kidnappers who won't think twice about beheading the girl are not gentlemen. It is an interesting choice of words, and not the only touch of irony in the note either. (What a truly weird note!!!) But "two gentlemen" is also theatrical. The bad guys in movies behave this way - gangsters take gentlemenly titles, ironic to their actual brutality.

The starting phrase "Listen carefully!" is interesting too. It suggests direct speech. Is this being dictated to the writer of the note? Maybe. More likely that than it is being composed as a script for a later phone call which can't be the case because the note promises a phone call between 8 and 10.

Speaking of which, what time is it when the note is being written? Note that it uses the word "tomorrow". The call will come between 8 and 10 am tomorrow". It doesn't say "later this morning". Was the note written the day before it was found? This time signature suggests so. And at what time did the "kidnappers" expect the note would be found? Again, it suggests that it would be found the night before, or else use the word "tomorrow"?

"Makes me wonder if the note was actually supposed to have been taken with the murderer, to be used as a script for calling the Ramsey's later (assuming it was written by an intruder). Very, very far-fetched, I know..."

If that were the case, (if it were me) I sure as hell wouldn't have written it in the house! I would have already had it written when I started.

Plenum7, it really doesn't mean much. Iv'e been known to use the word "tomorrow" after midnight, meaning later that morning, technically. It really doesn't tell me anything.

T-Rex said:
It's funny how the writer starts to write "don't respect your business," but changes it to "do," and starts to write "do particularly like you," but changes it to don't.

Also noticed the part about putting the money in a brown paper bag. Didn't Linda Arndt's report mention a paper bag full of kids clothes at the base of the stairs?
http://www.webbsleuths.com/cgi-bin/...br&viewmode=all

You can see in the picture above it was a plastic bag at the bottom of the stairs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back