763 users online (155 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Experts lower hurricane forecast to 5

By ROBERT WELLER, Associated Press Writer

Hurricane forecaster William Gray downgraded his expectations for the 2006 Atlantic storm season Friday, calling for a slightly below-average year, with only five hurricanes instead of the seven previously forecast.

Two of the hurricanes will be intense, according to Gray's forecasting team, based at Colorado State University.

"Despite the lower predictions, residents living along the U.S. coastline should always be prepared for major storms," Gray said.

His team predicted a 59 percent likelihood that a hurricane would hit the U.S. coastline in September, and a 35 percent chance of an intense hurricane. For October, the forecasters said there was a 14 percent chance a hurricane would strike the coast.

The new forecast was the second time the team had downgraded its expectations in the span of a month.

More at link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060901/...cast&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

lol--William Gray--what a joke--that's the second time this year he's downgraded his own,original forecast--Maye next year he should just take a number out of a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    lol--William Gray--what a joke--that's the second time this year he's downgraded his own,original forecast--Maye next year he should just take a number out of a hat
    To be fair, they have just about all revised their numbers at least once, and sometmes twice, this season. Not just Mr. Gray.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Has anyone seen a 10-20 year history of Dr Gray's predictions and the actual results? I wonder how accurate he is on his predictions? It is easy to predict but the accuracy of the predictions should be presented as well.

Wink

They went to the Pacific ocean this year......yaa!!!!

Wink

Well fasten your seatbeats the next one is coming.
    Just announced, should be a tropical storm by tonight in the atlantic...