1210 users online (200 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brad Pitt Doing Some Good In New Orleans

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- As residents work to rebuild their lives and homes a year after Hurricane Katrina, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will be frequent visitors to the city observing the progress.

They were in New Orleans on Thursday, though only Pitt appeared at an afternoon news conference to announce the winner of the design competition he started in April to rebuild hurricane-ravaged neighborhoods using environmentally friendly designs and construction.

"We're going to be spending a lot of time down here," Pitt said.

Preproduction for his next movie is scheduled to begin in November, and Pitt said he would be in New Orleans for much of January and February for filming.

Around that time, he also hoped to break ground on the first phase of the neighborhood redevelopment project slated for a section of the devastated Ninth Ward, he said.

The winning plan was submitted by Matthew Berman and Andrew Kotchen of Workshop APD in New York. It includes designs for six single-family housing units, 12 multifamily units, a community center and play area, and a pedestrian bridge leading from the neighborhood to the top of the levee.

more at:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Good stuff.

it may make people a bit calmer they are helping American Charity as well as international.

yet Oprah's peeved at Angelina:

Oprah Winfrey Is Furious With Angelina Jolie

US talk show host Oprah Winfrey is reportedly furious with Angelina Jolie for turning down her request to participate in her charity work.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=21723

as if Angelina doesn't have enough charity work to be going on with without red-lettering Oprah's attempts?

i think Oprah's grandstanding - whatever that may mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Good stuff.

it may make people a bit calmer they are helping American Charity as well as international.

yet Oprah's peeved at Angelina:

Oprah Winfrey Is Furious With Angelina Jolie

US talk show host Oprah Winfrey is reportedly furious with Angelina Jolie for turning down her request to participate in her charity work.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=21723

as if Angelina doesn't have enough charity work to be going on with without red-lettering Oprah's attempts?

i think Oprah's grandstanding - whatever that may mean.

Like Angelina doesn't do enough!!! Oprha needs to mind her own biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    We are in accord!

i wonder if Oprah donates as high a percentage of her rewards (financial and time) in life as Angelina Jolie does?

although, of course, the 'Oprah furious' report could of course be pure bunkám. but she was on Team Aniston!

We are in accord!

i wonder if Oprah donates as high a percentage of her rewards (financial and time) in life as Angelina Jolie does?

although, of course, the 'Oprah furious' report could of course be pure bunkám. but she was on Team Aniston!

I think that Oprah does a lot for a lot of different charities, but why wouldn't she target another celebrity who does nothing (like Jennifer Aniston) instead of someone like Angelina who does so much???? Team Aniston, huh? Another reason to dislike her.

Well, anyway . . . here's a lovely pic of Angelina and two of her children in New Orleans:

http://rosie-demario.com/wp-content/...006/09/aj3.jpg

Ol Oprah can bite my hiney! At least B and A dont announce everytime they do something.

most people give charity and do good deeds and want no recognition watsoever.but some people cant do a good deed with out proclaming it to the world.im not saying no names though.any publicty is good publicty they say lol.plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    yup-if its true then oprah needs to tone it down-but it doesnt sound like oprah to me-it really doesnt.

Let's say the truth, when Oprah does something, it NEVER comes out of her wallet, she has her sponsors. So she can bite me. As for AJ, I know she gives alot of her money away. Not that it makes you better, but you do not tell someone who they should do what to. It would only make OW look better.

I'm glad that Brad is raising awareness of "green building". I've been to some green home tours, and the ideas are pretty amazing.

Well, anyway . . . here's a lovely pic of Angelina and two of her children in New Orleans:

http://rosie-demario.com/wp-content/...006/09/aj3.jpg

Thanks for the picture Floh.
    Her kids are sooo cute! And have the chance for a good life that they wouldn't have.

I don't follow these things alot but it seems this couple are good hearted as well as beautiful on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16
    Thanks for the picture Floh.
    Her kids are sooo cute! And have the chance for a good life that they wouldn't have.

I don't follow these things alot but it seems this couple are good hearted as well as beautiful on the outside.
    I agree. If this is what it takes to get things moving over there, so be it.

That little girl is so beautiful, I just want to hug her.

More Brad Pitt news.
    Good for him.

Pitt won't marry Jolie

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=143426

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast