Brad Pitt Doing Some Good In New Orleans

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- As residents work to rebuild their lives and homes a year after Hurricane Katrina, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will be frequent visitors to the city observing the progress.

They were in New Orleans on Thursday, though only Pitt appeared at an afternoon news conference to announce the winner of the design competition he started in April to rebuild hurricane-ravaged neighborhoods using environmentally friendly designs and construction.

"We're going to be spending a lot of time down here," Pitt said.

Preproduction for his next movie is scheduled to begin in November, and Pitt said he would be in New Orleans for much of January and February for filming.

Around that time, he also hoped to break ground on the first phase of the neighborhood redevelopment project slated for a section of the devastated Ninth Ward, he said.

The winning plan was submitted by Matthew Berman and Andrew Kotchen of Workshop APD in New York. It includes designs for six single-family housing units, 12 multifamily units, a community center and play area, and a pedestrian bridge leading from the neighborhood to the top of the levee.

more at:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/01/people.pitt.jolie.ap/index.html

Good stuff.

it may make people a bit calmer they are helping American Charity as well as international.

yet Oprah's peeved at Angelina:

Oprah Winfrey Is Furious With Angelina Jolie

US talk show host Oprah Winfrey is reportedly furious with Angelina Jolie for turning down her request to participate in her charity work.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=21723

as if Angelina doesn't have enough charity work to be going on with without red-lettering Oprah's attempts?

i think Oprah's grandstanding - whatever that may mean.

Floh said:
Good stuff.

it may make people a bit calmer they are helping American Charity as well as international.

yet Oprah's peeved at Angelina:

Oprah Winfrey Is Furious With Angelina Jolie

US talk show host Oprah Winfrey is reportedly furious with Angelina Jolie for turning down her request to participate in her charity work.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=21723

as if Angelina doesn't have enough charity work to be going on with without red-lettering Oprah's attempts?

i think Oprah's grandstanding - whatever that may mean.

Like Angelina doesn't do enough!!! Oprha needs to mind her own biz.

Jeana (DP) said:
Like Angelina doesn't do enough!!! Oprha needs to mind her own biz.

We are in accord! :furious:

i wonder if Oprah donates as high a percentage of her rewards (financial and time) in life as Angelina Jolie does? :waitasec:

although, of course, the 'Oprah furious' report could of course be pure bunkám. but she was on Team Aniston! :dance:

Floh said:
We are in accord! :furious:

i wonder if Oprah donates as high a percentage of her rewards (financial and time) in life as Angelina Jolie does? :waitasec:

although, of course, the 'Oprah furious' report could of course be pure bunkám. but she was on Team Aniston! :dance:

I think that Oprah does a lot for a lot of different charities, but why wouldn't she target another celebrity who does nothing (like Jennifer Aniston) instead of someone like Angelina who does so much???? Team Aniston, huh? Another reason to dislike her. :D

Ol Oprah can bite my hiney! At least B and A dont announce everytime they do something.

most people give charity and do good deeds and want no recognition watsoever.but some people cant do a good deed with out proclaming it to the world.im not saying no names though.any publicty is good publicty they say lol.plus

Let's say the truth, when Oprah does something, it NEVER comes out of her wallet, she has her sponsors. So she can bite me. As for AJ, I know she gives alot of her money away. Not that it makes you better, but you do not tell someone who they should do what to. It would only make OW look better.

I'm glad that Brad is raising awareness of "green building". I've been to some green home tours, and the ideas are pretty amazing.

Floh said:
Well, anyway . . . here's a lovely pic of Angelina and two of her children in New Orleans:

http://rosie-demario.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/aj3.jpg

:)

Thanks for the picture Floh.
Her kids are sooo cute! And have the chance for a good life that they wouldn't have.

I don't follow these things alot but it seems this couple are good hearted as well as beautiful on the outside.

montana_16 said:
Thanks for the picture Floh.
Her kids are sooo cute! And have the chance for a good life that they wouldn't have.

I don't follow these things alot but it seems this couple are good hearted as well as beautiful on the outside.

I agree. If this is what it takes to get things moving over there, so be it.

That little girl is so beautiful, I just want to hug her.

OK, this is probably going to be taken wrong by all the Brangelina lovers, but its just my opinion and it really applies to all celebrities. Since this thread is about them, I will use them as an example.

Honestly I get a bit tired of celebs being trumpeted for their charity and humanitarian efforts, no matter who it is. They are no one without their fans, and the smart ones know this. Its part of their job to do these things. If I had millions upon millions of dollars that I got from being adored in the public eye for my good looks, darn right I would make sure to be seen on camera for my humanitarian efforts. It helps to keep the millions flowing.

I have more praise for people who donate anonymously. Personally, If I had the money and the free time, I would save the world on my own if I could, but I just do what I can.

I have an idea...Maybe Brad and Angelina should make a movie with 100% of the profits going to whatever charitable cause they choose? Has a celebrity ever done that? I don't think they make these movies that we all pay to go see unless they are getting paid themselves.

ETA: Espescially if they do things that are considered "scandalous" such as have extra-marital affairs or break up marriages, which is rumored to have happened at least once or twice in Hollywood.

(My opinion of the day, subject to change:))

shopper said:
I saw this the other day. IMO, this doesn't sound like anything that Brad thought of on his own, it sounds more like an excuse for Angelina to not marry him and he conveniently latched onto it to save face. But that is JMO.
Who knows Shopper, you could be right.
In the mags over here, they're saying Brad and Ange have split up and he is still in love with Jen..
If he did say it, it's a good thing, why can't gays get married legally..

I remember back in the '80's a lot of musicians got together and recorded "We Are the World" ...I saved my allowance and bought that record too.

It seems like musicians do a lot of benefits and stuff for charity, and movie stars do too, but I have never heard of a blockbuster movie ever doing something like that. I think its a good idea.

I don't think Brad and Angelina actually search out all their public actions. You should have seen the streets outside of the building the first day Brad Pitt was just rumored to have been in there.

But Angelina walks around and acts normal, took her kids to a couple of spots around town. Yet the amount of people who followed her was amazing.

As far as I know, they never made announcements about their going ons down here, either coming or going.

It's the media in most cases. I mean imagine that your kid having a grilled cheese sandwich is news...crazy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back