1297 users online (267 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Anthony Burno, 48, & Kira Derrick, 29, slain, Philadelphia, 30 Aug 2006

A couple found a man raping a young woman in their driveway and tried to flee with her but were shot to death by the attacker, police said.

The teenager was also shot and was expected to recover, police said. A suspect was arrested.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...r_seeing_rape/
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 09-18-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: fixed link

...White, free on bail awaiting trial in the sexual assault and beating of his girlfriend's 6-year-old son, now is being held without bail on charges of murder, aggravated assault, rape and related offenses...
    http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...l/15413908.htm

Free on bail...sexual assault and beating of a child...Folks, we're going to have to become even more vocal if we're to change things.

More emotional details:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=4515953

I don't generally believe in the death penalty, but there are cases that make me make exceptions. This is one of them. I can't imagine that this murderer/rapist/child abuser has any good in him whatsoever. The woman shot left two little kids. The guy had a promising future as a chef and singer. What a waste.

thats so sad a couple just rying to help had to be killed like that.hope the rape victim is ok too.this guy shouldnt be on the street in the first place.yep i agree he needs to take a dirtnap courtesy of the state on p.a

Maybe if they start making judges liable for putting these ****s back on the streets, then we'll have more accountability on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Maybe if they start making judges liable for putting these ****s back on the streets, then we'll have more accountability on the bench

i agree

This is just heartbreaking. I can't believe that guy was out on bail. Another dumb ass judge not tending to business. Why did he get bail? Did the judge not think that the guy wouldn't go out and damage another child? I'll bet he has a record a mile long. This is just sickening. I'm glad that the rape victim is going to be alright but so sad that the couple died. I can't even imagine the terror those three felt while trying to get away from that killer. Doesn't sound like they had anywhere to hide.

I hope this guy gets the death penalty too but he probably won't. I don't have a lot of faith in the system doing what is right. As long as these criminals keep getting sentenced to a few years....and they have to do 2/3rds of the time they are sentenced to...factor in all of the good time they receive it's no wonder that they keep committing crimes. The time never fits the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    That should start happening.

Dear god... this is horrible! That poor girl. in one way it sounds as if she have been very lucky this couple came along when they did.. not only to stop the assault but its highly likely he wouldn't have stopped with just rape..On the other hand the couple didn;t deserve to be chased and murdered for doing the honorable thing and coming to the victims aid. What a tragedy that the womans children have lost their mother simply due the fact that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. and the man will never have an opportunity to see how far his ambitions and talent will take him nor ever have his own family.. How incredible sad.

Now as for the waste of space that is referred to as the alleged perp.. He ought to be hung out like a pinjata where everyone can take a turn beating him with a barbed bat for the rest of his life.... see how he likes being unable to defend himself just as he did to his victims.

Just horrible. Those poor people. That teen will have to live with her physical scars, the memories & trauma of being raped, and certainly guilt that she caused the deaths of Anthony and Kira, which she can't be blamed for, but she will feel horrible about forever.

Thank God they got this animal, but he should never have been out on bail in the first place.

The killer is mentally retarded and brain damaged. No explanation as to how he got a gun.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15423985.htm

He needs to be put away for life, there is no good he will ever contribute to society. Piece of crap. No rapist should ever be free. IMO. They have nothing to offer the world. They are God's garbage. This gal will survive physically, but she will suffer forever for what this sicko has done to her. Bless her heart.

Unbelievable.

Well, if this guy is a mentally ill as claimed, why on earth was he walking the streets, able to get his hands on a gun (I want an explanation for that) and do what he did? Another horrible example of how the mental health system has been gutted to the point where they are unable to provide the help that is needed. In years past he would have been locked up somewhere and unable to harm innocent people.

Please don't think I am in any way bashing people with mental illness, but rather the system at present. It is obvious this man needed more than he was getting in the way of assistance for himself and for the safety of others.

The things that his attorney said just tick me off all the more. This guy sexually abused his girlfriend's little boy. Does that tell anyone that he is capable to molesting or raping another human being! The stupid judge lets him out on bail. His family are just in shock because he raped the teenager and murdered two people. Family.....he sexually abused a little boy before he committed this rape and the murders!

From what I understand the guy hasn't been under the care of a mental health facility. It doesn't sound like he has ever been evaluated or looked at.
    Now everyone may deny that this man is capable of putting together a plan or committing these horrible acts but he knew enough to grab that girl at the bus stop and drag her away and proceed to rape her. He knew enough to know that he was in big trouble and to shoot the three people that could identify him. I don't think this guy is as dysfunctional as his family believes he is. If you ask me this guy knew what he was doing.

When a child sex offender is let out on bail because the judge wants a eval done on him the judge might as well say...I give you permission to go out and molest or rape again. What did that judge think that guy was going to do...sit at home and be a nice boy? This guy might be a little slow but he isn't so slow that he didn't know what was going on. He knew what that gun was for and he shot it well enough to hit all three of the victims! That is more than I could probably do even if the victims were standing right in front of me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast