Thread: Child molester friendly judge retires (the 60 day sentence judge)

Arrow Child molester friendly judge retires (the 60 day sentence judge)

news link
    Cashman has been one of Vermont's most high profile judges for 25 years, deciding criminal cases primarily in the Burlington area.

He generated a firestorm of controversy early this year when he sentenced convicted child molester Mark Hulett to jail for only 60 days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a thread here devoted to the molester's 60 day sentence.

Here is a link for O'Reilly;
    news link

Judge Cashman defends his decision to impose 60 day sentence

Here is a text of his letter; Dear Chief Justice:

Please be advised that I will retire from the position of District Court Judge at the end of this judicial term in April of 2007. I will have completed 25 years of service as a Judge, and 36 years of service to the State of Vermont in a variety of other capacities. I feel very fortunate to have had these opportunities.

I send this letter now, rather than in January, because 4 V.S.A. 604 sets September 1 as the deadline for announcing my intention to seek another judicial term. I did not want you or the others in the judiciary left wondering.

More at link.

The sooner he leaves, the better. Good riddance to bad rubbish, as the old expression goes.

That is one down and how many more to go? I wish all of the judges who have made decisions in favor of the sex offenders would get a clue and leave the bench too.