Granny give bears the boot

wow--that's the same bear that entered another house a few weeks ago---there's a goldilocks joke in this somewhere

I'ts a shame the bear and possibly her cub will have to be euthanised (sp) if caught. The story said the bear could have hurt the woman if it wanted to but didn't.

We humans are causing these problems for many different kinds of animmals then they have to be put down. So sad.

Indy Gal said:
POOR BEARS....STUPID HUMANS
I cannot understand why a bear needs to be put to sleep for this.Surely they could just relocate them both to somewhere more remote.I guess the danger is that it may chance upon a house and go inside. Probably no government department wants to take responsibility if this happens. I see lawsuits.Poor bears!

kazzbar said:
I cannot understand why a bear needs to be put to sleep for this.Surely they could just relocate them both to somewhere more remote.I guess the danger is that it may chance upon a house and go inside. Probably no government department wants to take responsibility if this happens. I see lawsuits.Poor bears!
I've read lots of books about bear attacks. It is pretty commonly held bear management policy to euthanize bears who make a habit of getting food from humans. Often, rangers will try to relocate bears who do this, but if the bears return and a pattern results, they will often put the bear down.

Bears who repeatedly associate feeding with humans are more likely to attack and kill.

I'm not saying I agree with this but it seems to be a generally held opinion. I do think that people who manage bears try to do everything in their power for this not to be the outcome.

Well, we certainly know that this is not the woman that made the "Where's the beef?" ad for the fast food chain, or she would now be eating "bear roast". I know! I know! Bad pun.

southcitymom said:
I've read lots of books about bear attacks. It is pretty commonly held bear management policy to euthanize bears who make a habit of getting food from humans. Often, rangers will try to relocate bears who do this, but if the bears return and a pattern results, they will often put the bear down.

Bears who repeatedly associate feeding with humans are more likely to attack and kill.

I'm not saying I agree with this but it seems to be a generally held opinion. I do think that people who manage bears try to do everything in their power for this not to be the outcome.

This is how most wild dangerous animals like gators are handled as well.
Once they view humans as a food source and do not fear them they must be put down.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back