1006 users online (173 members and 833 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    651

    Burke Speaks?

    With Burke getting older I have to wonder if he will ever speak out on his own about Christmas night 1996 and the years after. He's in college now but I have never heard anything about him opening up about things. Will he ever have a story to tell himself? What about the other children, JonBenets half-sister and half-brother? Have they ever spoken out on anything? I'm not saying they would speak out only if they thought either parent was guilty, they could just as well speak out to protest their innocence or talk about how the case has been handled. It could be very informative if Burke would ever open up, but will he?

    OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    He may still be in denial for now.But when he gets older,he may very well put the pieces together for the first time.
    I imagine he knows some things aren't truthful,but he may have been told 'in order to protect us all,that's what our lawyers have told us to say'.And he probably bought into it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    I sometimes think Burke remembers and he has put it together in his head...he is just trying to get his education and move on with his life. There's no telling what he really thinks of his parents but he also needs his dad's money right now. I keep thinking of that photo of him hugging his dad at his mom's funeral and he was smiling...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    72,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    With Burke getting older I have to wonder if he will ever speak out on his own about Christmas night 1996 and the years after. He's in college now but I have never heard anything about him opening up about things. Will he ever have a story to tell himself? What about the other children, JonBenets half-sister and half-brother? Have they ever spoken out on anything? I'm not saying they would speak out only if they thought either parent was guilty, they could just as well speak out to protest their innocence or talk about how the case has been handled. It could be very informative if Burke would ever open up, but will he?

    OB
    A Psychiatrist taped an interview with Burke when he was age 10.

    No History of Abuse:
    http://www.bouldernews.com/extra/ram...7/03/16-2.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    He may still be in denial for now.But when he gets older,he may very well put the pieces together for the first time.
    I imagine he knows some things aren't truthful,but he may have been told 'in order to protect us all,that's what our lawyers have told us to say'.And he probably bought into it.
    Will he be able to trust his memory though? He might always wonder what he knew to be true and what he was told to be true.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    72,140
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I sometimes think Burke remembers and he has put it together in his head...he is just trying to get his education and move on with his life. There's no telling what he really thinks of his parents but he also needs his dad's money right now. I keep thinking of that photo of him hugging his dad at his mom's funeral and he was smiling...
    By making this comment, are you trying to insinuate Burke was expressing joy over the death of his Mother?
    I'm curious!! It's apparent you think Patsy or John killed their daughter. Why then, do you have interest in viewing a photo of John and Burke at Patsy's funeral?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    66

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I sometimes think Burke remembers and he has put it together in his head...he is just trying to get his education and move on with his life. There's no telling what he really thinks of his parents but he also needs his dad's money right now. I keep thinking of that photo of him hugging his dad at his mom's funeral and he was smiling...
    You know, there can be smiles at funerals...there can even be laughter as memories of the deceased are shared. This is especially true if the decedent and their family had gone through a long illness. Your grief work begins even before the death occurs thus taking away some of the numbness and shock that is present if the death came without warning.

    In my own family and by working as a funeral director with other families, I have seen mourners go from tears to smiles and back to tears in the space of a few minutes. It is not unusual and I would not read too much into it.

    Now, if he had broke out a bottle of champers and put on a party hat, that would be very odd.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    West Coast of Canada
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia
    By making this comment, are you trying to insinuate Burke was expressing joy over the death of his Mother?
    I'm curious!! It's apparent you think Patsy or John killed their daughter. Why then, do you have interest in viewing a photo of John and Burke at Patsy's funeral?
    I agree-its interpretation and there is no way burke was happy his mother died-other than how we all are when there is no more suffering on her part..the reason the ramsey children have not spoken up is there is nothing to say that would not be taken and run with by the guilties..if the ramseys are suing people for what they say does anyone think the ramsey offspring are going to start doing things to cause trouble for their parents..everyone knows there is nothing to say that wont be made into an evil indictment of their parents-god-they are not that stupid.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Trocaria
    You know, there can be smiles at funerals...there can even be laughter as memories of the deceased are shared. This is especially true if the decedent and their family had gone through a long illness. Your grief work begins even before the death occurs thus taking away some of the numbness and shock that is present if the death came without warning.

    In my own family and by working as a funeral director with other families, I have seen mourners go from tears to smiles and back to tears in the space of a few minutes. It is not unusual and I would not read too much into it.

    Now, if he had broke out a bottle of champers and put on a party hat, that would be very odd.
    Agreed...and I know people can smile at funerals...it was just something that crossed my mind as I was posting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia
    By making this comment, are you trying to insinuate Burke was expressing joy over the death of his Mother?
    I'm curious!! It's apparent you think Patsy or John killed their daughter. Why then, do you have interest in viewing a photo of John and Burke at Patsy's funeral?
    I wans't insinutating anything, I was merely making a comment. No one knows what Burke really thinks or feels. I do lean towards the Ramseys having accidentally killed JonBenet, Patsy in particular. And the photo was posted online for all to see and there was a link here when Patsy died. Geez, some of you people are so freaking touchy.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I wans't insinutating anything, I was merely making a comment. No one knows what Burke really thinks or feels. I do lean towards the Ramseys having accidentally killed JonBenet, Patsy in particular. And the photo was posted online for all to see and there was a link here when Patsy died. Geez, some of you people are so freaking touchy.
    I also saw that photo and the first thought that crossed my mind was how on earth can Burke be smiling at his mother funeral, i would be a mess if it were me god forbid. Although i now do see that it can be quite normal to have a wide range of emotion in grief, i'll be honest though i did bother me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Geez, some of you people are so freaking touchy.
    I know arent they?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Bay, California
    Posts
    1,233
    I've set up countless depositions and testimonies for our side's witnesses in the court/litigation process, and let me tell you...witnesses, and that means doctors, engineers, scientists...CAN BE BOUGHT...for the right amount. Happens all the time...

    I don't care what this psychiatrist says, that little girl had injuries that reflected she had sustained prior sexual abuse of 'some' kind. This is mentioned in detail in Steve Thomas's book, and Cyril Wecht speaks in great depth about JonBenet's injuries in a report he did as well.

    The physical evidence speaks for itself.

    Sorry...I can't help but get all riled up when I read stuff like this.

  14. #14
    People react differently and I understand this now. My Mother passed on August 7 and my sisters and I were in the family room laughing and joking about different things. I laughed so much that night even though my precious Mother had passed two days earlier...

    I still feel numb.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by newtv
    I agree-its interpretation and there is no way burke was happy his mother died-other than how we all are when there is no more suffering on her part..the reason the ramsey children have not spoken up is there is nothing to say that would not be taken and run with by the guilties..if the ramseys are suing people for what they say does anyone think the ramsey offspring are going to start doing things to cause trouble for their parents..everyone knows there is nothing to say that wont be made into an evil indictment of their parents-god-they are not that stupid.
    Well said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Why Not Burke?
    By Nuisanceposter in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 11:32 AM
  2. Burke Burke Burke
    By ManInTheBox in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 02:42 PM
  3. What Burke knows...
    By armywife210 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
  4. Burke
    By capps in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
  5. Burke did it
    By alexia in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:39 PM