Burke Speaks?

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
With Burke getting older I have to wonder if he will ever speak out on his own about Christmas night 1996 and the years after. He's in college now but I have never heard anything about him opening up about things. Will he ever have a story to tell himself? What about the other children, JonBenets half-sister and half-brother? Have they ever spoken out on anything? I'm not saying they would speak out only if they thought either parent was guilty, they could just as well speak out to protest their innocence or talk about how the case has been handled. It could be very informative if Burke would ever open up, but will he?

OB

He may still be in denial for now.But when he gets older,he may very well put the pieces together for the first time.
I imagine he knows some things aren't truthful,but he may have been told 'in order to protect us all,that's what our lawyers have told us to say'.And he probably bought into it.

I sometimes think Burke remembers and he has put it together in his head...he is just trying to get his education and move on with his life. There's no telling what he really thinks of his parents but he also needs his dad's money right now. I keep thinking of that photo of him hugging his dad at his mom's funeral and he was smiling...

Old Broad said:
With Burke getting older I have to wonder if he will ever speak out on his own about Christmas night 1996 and the years after. He's in college now but I have never heard anything about him opening up about things. Will he ever have a story to tell himself? What about the other children, JonBenets half-sister and half-brother? Have they ever spoken out on anything? I'm not saying they would speak out only if they thought either parent was guilty, they could just as well speak out to protest their innocence or talk about how the case has been handled. It could be very informative if Burke would ever open up, but will he?

OB
A Psychiatrist taped an interview with Burke when he was age 10.

No History of Abuse:
http://www.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1997/03/16-2.html

JMO8778 said:
He may still be in denial for now.But when he gets older,he may very well put the pieces together for the first time.
I imagine he knows some things aren't truthful,but he may have been told 'in order to protect us all,that's what our lawyers have told us to say'.And he probably bought into it.
Will he be able to trust his memory though? He might always wonder what he knew to be true and what he was told to be true.

englishleigh said:
I sometimes think Burke remembers and he has put it together in his head...he is just trying to get his education and move on with his life. There's no telling what he really thinks of his parents but he also needs his dad's money right now. I keep thinking of that photo of him hugging his dad at his mom's funeral and he was smiling...
By making this comment, are you trying to insinuate Burke was expressing joy over the death of his Mother?
I'm curious!! It's apparent you think Patsy or John killed their daughter. Why then, do you have interest in viewing a photo of John and Burke at Patsy's funeral?

englishleigh said:
You know, there can be smiles at funerals...there can even be laughter as memories of the deceased are shared. This is especially true if the decedent and their family had gone through a long illness. Your grief work begins even before the death occurs thus taking away some of the numbness and shock that is present if the death came without warning.

In my own family and by working as a funeral director with other families, I have seen mourners go from tears to smiles and back to tears in the space of a few minutes. It is not unusual and I would not read too much into it.

Now, if he had broke out a bottle of champers and put on a party hat, that would be very odd.

magnolia said:
By making this comment, are you trying to insinuate Burke was expressing joy over the death of his Mother?
I'm curious!! It's apparent you think Patsy or John killed their daughter. Why then, do you have interest in viewing a photo of John and Burke at Patsy's funeral?
I agree-its interpretation and there is no way burke was happy his mother died-other than how we all are when there is no more suffering on her part..the reason the ramsey children have not spoken up is there is nothing to say that would not be taken and run with by the guilties..if the ramseys are suing people for what they say does anyone think the ramsey offspring are going to start doing things to cause trouble for their parents..everyone knows there is nothing to say that wont be made into an evil indictment of their parents-god-they are not that stupid.

Trocaria said:
You know, there can be smiles at funerals...there can even be laughter as memories of the deceased are shared. This is especially true if the decedent and their family had gone through a long illness. Your grief work begins even before the death occurs thus taking away some of the numbness and shock that is present if the death came without warning.

In my own family and by working as a funeral director with other families, I have seen mourners go from tears to smiles and back to tears in the space of a few minutes. It is not unusual and I would not read too much into it.

Now, if he had broke out a bottle of champers and put on a party hat, that would be very odd.

Agreed...and I know people can smile at funerals...it was just something that crossed my mind as I was posting.

magnolia said:

I wans't insinutating anything, I was merely making a comment. No one knows what Burke really thinks or feels. I do lean towards the Ramseys having accidentally killed JonBenet, Patsy in particular. And the photo was posted online for all to see and there was a link here when Patsy died. Geez, some of you people are so freaking touchy.

englishleigh said:
I wans't insinutating anything, I was merely making a comment. No one knows what Burke really thinks or feels. I do lean towards the Ramseys having accidentally killed JonBenet, Patsy in particular. And the photo was posted online for all to see and there was a link here when Patsy died. Geez, some of you people are so freaking touchy.

I also saw that photo and the first thought that crossed my mind was how on earth can Burke be smiling at his mother funeral, i would be a mess if it were me god forbid. Although i now do see that it can be quite normal to have a wide range of emotion in grief, i'll be honest though i did bother me.

I've set up countless depositions and testimonies for our side's witnesses in the court/litigation process, and let me tell you...witnesses, and that means doctors, engineers, scientists...CAN BE BOUGHT...for the right amount. Happens all the time...

I don't care what this psychiatrist says, that little girl had injuries that reflected she had sustained prior sexual abuse of 'some' kind. This is mentioned in detail in Steve Thomas's book, and Cyril Wecht speaks in great depth about JonBenet's injuries in a report he did as well.

The physical evidence speaks for itself.

Sorry...I can't help but get all riled up when I read stuff like this.

People react differently and I understand this now. My Mother passed on August 7 and my sisters and I were in the family room laughing and joking about different things. I laughed so much that night even though my precious Mother had passed two days earlier...

I still feel numb.

newtv said:
I agree-its interpretation and there is no way burke was happy his mother died-other than how we all are when there is no more suffering on her part..the reason the ramsey children have not spoken up is there is nothing to say that would not be taken and run with by the guilties..if the ramseys are suing people for what they say does anyone think the ramsey offspring are going to start doing things to cause trouble for their parents..everyone knows there is nothing to say that wont be made into an evil indictment of their parents-god-they are not that stupid.
Well said.

Toltec said:
People react differently and I understand this now. My Mother passed on August 7 and my sisters and I were in the family room laughing and joking about different things. I laughed so much that night even though my precious Mother had passed two days earlier...

I still feel numb.
I'm very sorry about your recent loss...and I can relate to the laughing and joking after a death. I know that people were giving me the evil eye at the funeral home after my father's death because I was basically hee-hawing like a donkey over something. If they could have been inside my mind though, they would have known that it was the kind of laughter that is on the razor's edge of hysterical tears.

I wish you and your sisters well...
Lisa

Toltec said:

I still feel numb.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. A Mother is hard to let go of no matter how old you are!

Sometimes at a funeral, laughter can be a form of tears. I rather think that most of our loved ones would prefer we think of them with laughter.

englishleigh said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. :eek:

englishleigh said:

Yea he was probably happy his mom was dead...... :rolleyes:

I know someone who knows Burke...he told my friend that he doesn't know anything, that he barely remembers what happened that night/morning, he has kind of blocked it out I guess. This is what my friend told me, maybe Burke was lying, but he said he felt Burke was telling the truth, as he wasn't questioning him about it, he just brought it up out of nowhere. This was about a year ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back