1021 users online (174 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tom Cruise - ALL THINGS II

I missed the end of the very long thread and wanted to comment on this:

Shields Says Cruise Has Apologized

Brooke Shields says Tom Cruise has apologized for publicly criticizing her use of antidepressants after the birth of her first daughter.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060902/D8JSN93O0.html

He's finally got it!

but i don't believe there's a way back into public favour.

I don't believe he "got it" for a minute. I think he just realizes that he's lost a lot of his female fan base over it and that he better do something to try to fix it. But I don't think for a minute he was really being "heartfelt" in his apology... I think he probably just did a good job of acting... just like he does in the movies. If he had truly been sorry, this apology would have come a heckua lot sooner than a year following the event. The only thing he's sorry over is his ratings.

You're right of course, HeartofTexas. too little, too late.

what he 'got' was sad over his plummeting popularity and for that he's truly sorry.

do we know when this wedding to 'Kate' is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    I don't believe he "got it" for a minute. I think he just realizes that he's lost a lot of his female fan base over it and that he better do something to try to fix it. But I don't think for a minute he was really being "heartfelt" in his apology... I think he probably just did a good job of acting... just like he does in the movies. If he had truly been sorry, this apology would have come a heckua lot sooner than a year following the event. The only thing he's sorry over is his ratings.
    You are exactly right. If he were truly sorry, it wouldn't be a media event. I wonder what he had to do to get Brooke to issue this press release - maybe a donation to or appearance for a charity of her choice.

Or maybe Katie has the baby blues and he now has to apologize before it leaks. Of course, "Kate" - being a grown woman and all - would never take medication to treat depression. But he might have to admit that the problem exists.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom
    Or maybe Katie has the baby blues and he now has to apologize before it leaks. Of course, "Kate" - being a grown woman and all - would never take medication to treat depression. But he might have to admit that the problem exists.
    I don't believe he spends quality time with Kate and he woudn't notice if she had the baby blues.

their 'relationship' is all for show.

and i still have several suspicions:

a) there is no baby

b) there is a baby, but it's adopted

c) there is a baby and it was born at least two months before they announced it officially

d) there is a baby and it's not Tiny Tom's

e) there is a baby and it has something about it which isn't perfect (enough for Tiny)

f) there is a baby and it's L. Ron Hubbard's from deep frozen sperm

but none of the above keeps me awake at night . . .

I saw a clip of the interview and it struck me when Brooke said, "And he apologized for bringing me into the whole thing..."

He didn't apologize for what he said---I'm sure he still believes that he knows psychiatry better than anyone, there's no such thing as postpartum depression, etc.---he just apologized for using her name. To me, that's a big difference and is no apology at all.

JMO.

MedEditor
    Life happens while you're making other plans.

I couldnt agree more heart-i see it as an act-and no wonder she would believe it-i mean he is an actor

I've never understood why this guy is considered attractive. He looks like a rodent to me.

Every time I see his name, I can't help but think of that Oprah thing. He scared the hell out of her, I could tell. He scared the hell out of ME! Fruuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiity!

His publicist probably told him to apologize. I believe that the apology was motivated by money.

That and losing his contract. You KNOW that has to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MedEditor
    I saw a clip of the interview and it struck me when Brooke said, "And he apologized for bringing me into the whole thing..."

He didn't apologize for what he said---I'm sure he still believes that he knows psychiatry better than anyone, there's no such thing as postpartum depression, etc.---he just apologized for using her name. To me, that's a big difference and is no apology at all.

JMO.

MedEditor
    Yes, kind of like when my husband says, "I'm sorry you're upset." but doesn't actually apologize for whatever he did to upset me.

A year later, he tries it first through his pubicist, and when that flops, he does it in person, with a weasel, "I'm sorry you're upset" style apology - nope, doesn't do much for me.

I love that he not only lost his contract, he lost it in an embarassing way - they were obviously very upset with him. He's a jerk, and a proponent of a cult - I want to see him lose all ability he has to motivate people to join that cult.

Also, this apology of Tom's, such that it was, came within days of some report that issues approval numbers for actors and such... and Cruise's negative perception had risen 100%.

According to Marketing Evaluations Incorporated, the company that calculates the Q scores which measure a given celebrity's likeability factor, the public's positive perception of Cruise has fallen by 40 percent, while the negative perception of the actor has jumped a whopping 100 percent.
    I believe the above report was released on August 25... and here it is September 2 and Brooke is announcing his heartfelt apology. My my my... what a coincidence!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/enterta...ent_674149.htm

LOL! Speaking of Tiny Tom, I just heard on the news (on TV) that Tom has issued a statement saying he still feels the same way re anti-depressants! That boy just can't keep his big mouth shut. I guess his publicist is going to have to whack him upside the head once again.

Anyway, so much for his heartfelt apology!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast