Tom Cruise - ALL THINGS II

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
I missed the end of the very long thread and wanted to comment on this:

Shields Says Cruise Has Apologized

Brooke Shields says Tom Cruise has apologized for publicly criticizing her use of antidepressants after the birth of her first daughter.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060902/D8JSN93O0.html

He's finally got it!

but i don't believe there's a way back into public favour. :loser:

I don't believe he "got it" for a minute. I think he just realizes that he's lost a lot of his female fan base over it and that he better do something to try to fix it. But I don't think for a minute he was really being "heartfelt" in his apology... I think he probably just did a good job of acting... just like he does in the movies. If he had truly been sorry, this apology would have come a heckua lot sooner than a year following the event. The only thing he's sorry over is his ratings.

You're right of course, HeartofTexas. too little, too late.

what he 'got' was sad over his plummeting popularity and for that he's truly sorry.

do we know when this wedding to 'Kate' is going to be? :rolleyes:

HeartofTexas said:
I don't believe he "got it" for a minute. I think he just realizes that he's lost a lot of his female fan base over it and that he better do something to try to fix it. But I don't think for a minute he was really being "heartfelt" in his apology... I think he probably just did a good job of acting... just like he does in the movies. If he had truly been sorry, this apology would have come a heckua lot sooner than a year following the event. The only thing he's sorry over is his ratings.

You are exactly right. If he were truly sorry, it wouldn't be a media event. I wonder what he had to do to get Brooke to issue this press release - maybe a donation to or appearance for a charity of her choice.

Or maybe Katie has the baby blues and he now has to apologize before it leaks. Of course, "Kate" - being a grown woman and all - would never take medication to treat depression. But he might have to admit that the problem exists. :loser:

angelmom said:
Or maybe Katie has the baby blues and he now has to apologize before it leaks. Of course, "Kate" - being a grown woman and all - would never take medication to treat depression. But he might have to admit that the problem exists. :loser:

I don't believe he spends quality time with Kate and he woudn't notice if she had the baby blues.

their 'relationship' is all for show.

and i still have several suspicions:

a) there is no baby

b) there is a baby, but it's adopted

c) there is a baby and it was born at least two months before they announced it officially

d) there is a baby and it's not Tiny Tom's

e) there is a baby and it has something about it which isn't perfect (enough for Tiny)

f) there is a baby and it's L. Ron Hubbard's from deep frozen sperm

but none of the above keeps me awake at night . . . :eek:

I saw a clip of the interview and it struck me when Brooke said, "And he apologized for bringing me into the whole thing..."

He didn't apologize for what he said---I'm sure he still believes that he knows psychiatry better than anyone, there's no such thing as postpartum depression, etc.---he just apologized for using her name. To me, that's a big difference and is no apology at all.

JMO.

MedEditor

HeartofTexas said:
I couldnt agree more heart-i see it as an act-and no wonder she would believe it-i mean he is an actor

I've never understood why this guy is considered attractive. He looks like a rodent to me.

Every time I see his name, I can't help but think of that Oprah thing. He scared the hell out of her, I could tell. He scared the hell out of ME! Fruuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiity!

His publicist probably told him to apologize. I believe that the apology was motivated by money.

HeartofTexas said:
That and losing his contract. You KNOW that has to hurt. :woohoo:

MedEditor said:
I saw a clip of the interview and it struck me when Brooke said, "And he apologized for bringing me into the whole thing..."

He didn't apologize for what he said---I'm sure he still believes that he knows psychiatry better than anyone, there's no such thing as postpartum depression, etc.---he just apologized for using her name. To me, that's a big difference and is no apology at all.

JMO.

MedEditor

Yes, kind of like when my husband says, "I'm sorry you're upset." but doesn't actually apologize for whatever he did to upset me. :razz:

A year later, he tries it first through his pubicist, and when that flops, he does it in person, with a weasel, "I'm sorry you're upset" style apology - nope, doesn't do much for me.

I love that he not only lost his contract, he lost it in an embarassing way - they were obviously very upset with him. He's a jerk, and a proponent of a cult - I want to see him lose all ability he has to motivate people to join that cult.

Also, this apology of Tom's, such that it was, came within days of some report that issues approval numbers for actors and such... and Cruise's negative perception had risen 100%.

According to Marketing Evaluations Incorporated, the company that calculates the Q scores which measure a given celebrity's likeability factor, the public's positive perception of Cruise has fallen by 40 percent, while the negative perception of the actor has jumped a whopping 100 percent.
I believe the above report was released on August 25... and here it is September 2 and Brooke is announcing his heartfelt apology. My my my... what a coincidence!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-08/25/content_674149.htm

LOL! Speaking of Tiny Tom, I just heard on the news (on TV) that Tom has issued a statement saying he still feels the same way re anti-depressants! That boy just can't keep his big mouth shut. I guess his publicist is going to have to whack him upside the head once again.

Anyway, so much for his heartfelt apology!

Well, imo, Tom made his crappy comments publicly, he should make his apology publicly too.

On the other hand, isn't Brooke Shields a graceful class act for making the statement that TC has apologized?

Cher’s son slams Cruise

"He was totally different. We lived with him for a couple of years. "(Now) he shouldn't be trying to help his career by talking about his personal life. People aren't buying into his whole act."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/chers son slams cruise_1007015

I missed this one. i hadn't known Cruise had lived with Cher.

while i believe Elijah Blue Allman has his own life to question (sleeping with Paris Hilton:doh: ), i believe him to be spot on with his judgement of Cruise.

HeartofTexas said:
LOL! Speaking of Tiny Tom, I just heard on the news (on TV) that Tom has issued a statement saying he still feels the same way re anti-depressants! That boy just can't keep his big mouth shut. I guess his publicist is going to have to whack him upside the head once again.

Anyway, so much for his heartfelt apology!

And that's exactly what I've been wondering. Did he apologize because he realized that he's wrong, that postpartum depression actually does exist and can be treated with anti-depressants? No. He apologized for making Brooke the target of his tirade. That's all. He's still a freak, IMO.

I bet the scientology group forced him to do that.
No apology no money.....
His future is and was ZIP, so he's trying to dig himself out.:slap:
NEVER will happen..
Also where's the apology to Matt?

Who believes him? Not me, I still won't see any of his movies.
He's toast......

Floh said:
Cher’s son slams Cruise

"He was totally different. We lived with him for a couple of years. "(Now) he shouldn't be trying to help his career by talking about his personal life. People aren't buying into his whole act."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/chers son slams cruise_1007015

I missed this one. i hadn't known Cruise had lived with Cher.

while i believe Elijah Blue Allman has his own life to question (sleeping with Paris Hilton:doh: ), i believe him to be spot on with his judgement of Cruise.

I missed the one about Cruise and Cher too - too busy with kiddies in those days.

I laughed when I read about Elijah scrubbing down with Tilex after being with Paris Hilton lol. O/T - heard she was seen with Lance Armstrong this past weekend.:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back