854 users online (126 members and 728 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Tony Blakeney, 40, beaten to death by mistake, 1 Sept 2006

MARSHVILLE, N.C. Ten men, ages 16 to 30, have been charged with murder after an angry mob beat a North Carolina man to death because they thought he was involved in the disappearance of their friend.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/200...AL02/109020076
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 09-18-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: fixed link

They need to be put away forever.

who needs males like that walking the streets?

throw. key. away.

I read this article last night. It served to make me rethink a lot of things. I do hope that if & when I ever become so hurt & angry at an event - that I think first - act later.

This reminds me of the James & Edington thread. The only difference I see is that Edington acted alone to kill James. I sincerely hope that actions like these do not become commonplace.

My prayers go out to the Blakeney family.

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    I read this article last night. It served to make me rethink a lot of things. I do hope that if & when I ever become so hurt & angry at an event - that I think first - act later.

This reminds me of the James & Edington thread. The only difference I see is that Edington acted alone to kill James. I sincerely hope that actions like these do not become commonplace.My prayers go out to the Blakeney family.

Amen. This is a perfect example of why vigilante "justice" is so dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq

This reminds me of the James & Edington thread. The only difference I see is that Edington acted alone to kill James. I sincerely hope that actions like these do not become commonplace.

My prayers go out to the Blakeney family.
    ITA. Why are these men any worse than James (or Edington...I think I mixed them up...anyway the father in the story.)??? That may turn out to be a case of mistaken identity as well. In fact, they all committed the same crime. Murder.

Amen, again, about vigilante justice. No justice was achieved in this case, just more murder.