NJ - Three dead, 2 injured in Newark shooting, 2 Sept 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
NEWARK, N.J. — Three people were shot to death and two others were wounded Saturday in what authorities say was a targeted attack at an apartment.

Police responding to reports of gunfire around 4:30 a.m. in the city's Vailsburg section discovered the three dead in the apartment, which was engulfed in flames. They had been shot multiple times.

Killed were Sandra Bellush, 42, a tenant in the apartment; Brielle Simpkins, 15, of Elizabeth; and Eric Jackson, 19, of Newark.

Police also found a 17-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man at the building, but it was not clear if they were in the apartment. They were identified only as Newark residents.

Both were taken to University Hospital. A hospital spokesman said the teenager was treated for a single gunshot wound and released, while the man, who was shot several times, remained in fair condition Saturday afternoon.

Authorities said they believed the shootings were carried out by more than one assailant. The victims did not appear to be blood relatives, they said.

Sandra Bellush is the sister of Sheila Bellush, mom of quadruplets who was a victim of murder for hire by her ex-husband Blackthorne.

Sandra's ex-husband is cousin to Sheila's widower. It sounds like her life had been in a downward spiral and that she had a problem with drugs. One has to wonder what whether the grief and pain from losing her sister contributed to her addictions.

knicksgal1 said:
Sandra Bellush is the sister of Sheila Bellush, mom of quadruplets who was a victim of murder for hire by her ex-husband Blackthorne.

Sandra's ex-husband is cousin to Sheila's widower. It sounds like her life had been in a downward spiral and that she had a problem with drugs. One has to wonder what whether the grief and pain from losing her sister contributed to her addictions.
Thanks for the post, knicksgal. When I started reading Dark Shadows post, I immediately stopped at the name "Bellush", and started repeating it to myself, wondering where I had heard this name before, and then I read your post, saw the name Sheila and remembered. I've heard of this story many times, saw some A&E documentaries on it....so sad. If I remember right, Sheila's sister was in the documentary...I wonder if it was Sandra? I don't know if she had more sisters.

This is horrible---for a crime like murder to grip this family so much. Her poor parents...to lose two daughters like this!!!

I hope they catch the creep(s) who did this!!! Link says no sign of forced entry. This sounds like it was really personal----Why in the hell would they kill the pets, too??????:banghead: :furious: :furious: :furious:

knicksgal1 said:

I just realized that too knicksgal. Weird coincidence.

Apparently I read the article wrong...the two women were not sisters just married into the same family.

Yeah -- and Sheila Bellush's family, while finding it a strange coincidence, did not want to deal with this, according to both Ann Rule and a newspaper article in the Newark paper.

I've heard via a MySpace tip that this was bound up in gang rivalries, and this Ms. Bellush was an innocent bystander, as was Brielle Simpkins. My source was a friend of Brielle's who is just broken-hearted. She was a good, but naive kid, according to this person.

Steve

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5476185&Call=Email&Format=HTML

Didnt see this anywhere else please move if i am wrong....looking for more

Some 700 miles away from Newark's bloodiest homicide in nearly two years, a 26-day manhunt for two suspects came to an end in Indianapolis.

Police arrested 21-year-old Laquon Jackson and 23-year-old Raheem Clay in the 1400 block of Congress Avenue. New Jersey police say they were two of the three men who entered a Newark apartment on September 2 and shot five people, killing three of them.
snip-
There were two teenage survivors. One was shot 18 times. Newark police arrested the first suspect on September 12th. He is currently being held in New Jersey on three counts of murder and $2 million bail.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1159508318169400.xml&coll=1

Authorities say the three men entered a second-floor apartment on Sandford Avenue in Newark at 4:30 a.m. Sept. 2 and shot the tenant, Sandra Bellush, 42, a former horse trainer who had moved from Morris County in July, and several young people staying with her that night.

Two of them, Brielle Simpkins, 15, an Elizabeth High School cheerleader, and Eric Jackson, a 19-year-old aspiring rapper from East Orange, also died. Two other victims, a 17-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man, survived.

The attackers then torched the apartment in an apparent attempt to cover up the crime, authorities said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back