Explosive device found at Hoover Dam

Shadow205

Reaction score
An explosive found at Hoover Dam created a rough patch for many travelers over the weekend. A bomb squad was called in Sunday afternoon to inspect a blasting cap found at the Dam.

<snip>
After realizing the device could not be associated with construction crews labeled it suspicious.

more at the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14346485/

Sounds more like nothing at all - some construction truck dropped one or some such, and paranoia (which we have to use when looking at these things) makes us worried it's terrorists. It's probably nothing.

Details said:
Sounds more like nothing at all - some construction truck dropped one or some such, and paranoia (which we have to use when looking at these things) makes us worried it's terrorists. It's probably nothing.
You are probably right Details. Before 09/11, we probably wouldn't have given finding a blasting cap a second thought. Now anything like that is looked at as suspicious. Unfortunately life as we knew it changed that day and I don't see it ever going back to the way it once was. I don't consider myself paranoid but I will admitt that I look at things through different eyes now.

The good news ,if you can call it that,is,from all accounts Al Quada does not like to do things on anniversarys. Its too predictable. That being said,there could be others that don't feel that way and want to commemorate the day with something sinister. I have relatives flying in from England that day. I'm a wreck.

I agree Hockeymom, but the bad news could be the first problem we would have is no internet!~ :eek: I think they like to hit an object where they have tried and failed before.

But Shadow, I always tell myself, be sure and thank Shadow for all the nice little things she does in reminding us of things, and bringing us interesting links on all the thngs we want and need to know.

Thanks Shadow. I appreciate your work here.

Scandi

I wonder why so many seem to forget the terrorist attack in Oklahoma City?

Why did things change only after 9-11?

I refuse to live in fear as this administration wants us to.

Sure everyone should keep their eyes open and be aware of everything going on. We should be doing that anyway.

I feel very fortunate to have been born in this wonderful country. And it can be an even better place if more care was given to the poor and middle class.

This is supposed to be the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE. I wish the people in power would put more emphasis on that.

The people responsible for crimes are opportunists. This goes to the fact that it could be a drive by, a psycho, a religious zealot, a pedo, etc. We can never be protected 100%.

Bush and company are expressing political agendas. I have never seen any real action from his regime.Well, that doesn't include expressing his family's desire to get Saddam out of power.Then all action was implemented. Sometimes ego overloads sensibility.

The responsibilty for our country lies with the people. Never let an egocentric person run it, vote,complain to your local community and LE, be as proactive as you can be. Don't take everything at face value. It is your problem.

The changes at local levels are the governors demanding it. This is happening because you told them so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back