IL IL - Jarvis Twp, WhtFem 42UFIL, 25-40, in bean field, upper denture, Jul'90

inquiringmindz

Reaction score
On July 20, 1990, at 1:25 p.m., an unidentified, white female body was found in a bean field approximately 40 feet north of Lebanon Road, 1/10th of a mile west of the Troy and O'Fallon Road in Jarvis Township, Collinsville, Illinois. The victim's death resulted from multiple cutting and stab wounds to the neck and torso; her fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries were missing. Evidence of surgical removal could not be determined. No defensive wounds were found on the victim. The body appeared to have been placed at the site two to three days prior to discovery.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/unsolveddetails.cfm?ID=26

Do any of you think this case could be connected:

Unidentified White Female
42UFIL.jpg
Located on July 20, 1990 in Jarvis Township, Madison County, Illinois.

Cause of death was homicide.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 25 - 40 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'6"; 120 - 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Auburn hair. Her fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries were missing. There was no sign of surgical removal.
  • Dentals: She wore an upper denture plate; full dental records are available, as are fingerprints.
  • Clothing: Clothing located near the victim included a pink t-shirt with "Florida" and blue palm trees imprinted on the front; and Pebble Beach white sandals with side buckles, size 7. A heart-shaped turquoise stone, silver in color, was also found near the victim.
  • DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was discovered in a bean field, approximately 40 feet north of Lebanon Road and just west of the Troy and O' Fallon Road. She had been placed at the scene approximately two to three days prior to discovery. The cause of death was multiple stab wounds to her neck and torso. There was no evidence of defensive wounds on the victim, indicating she did not fight her murderer(s).
There is an autopsy finding of sexual mutilation. What was thought to be evidence of a hysterectomy, indicates that the uterus has been removed as a part of extensive cutting, stabbing and mutilation, and that the killer may have removed the reproductive organs. It is believed she was sexually assaulted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this victim's identity or the ciricumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
Madison County Sheriff's Department
Lieutenant Leonard Suhre
618-692-7040 x 4819
OR
618-692-6087
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.
NCIC Number:
U-437200318
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: Illinois State Police
BND

I think whoever did this is one of the sickest SOB's that ever walked the face of this earth.

To me, It looks like the collar of a shirt, not a necklace.

ETA: There's mention of "A heart-shaped turquoise stone, silver in color" being found nearby, so it's possible she wore a necklace. I'm a little confused by the description though... was the turquoise set in a silver color metal, or was it the stone that had silver coloring to it? I've never seen silver colored turquoise.

I could not find her on Namus, unless I am missing it. was looking for rule outs.

I did not find her on NamUs either. There are only 20 Illinois cases at NamUS which far less than half the number of IL cases on Doenetwork. Illinois doesn't seem to be utilizing NamUs yet. :(

Jeri was wearing braces at the time of her disappearance... Doe wore an upper dental plate.

Could she have been pregnant? Would the coroner have been able to tell with the uterus removed? If the murderer had fathered a baby with her it might have been a motive to remove the organs because the baby's DNA could have led back to him.

I found this link regarding a serial killer that may have been involved in this when trying to research this unidentified person:

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Hall, Larry DeWayne.pdf

*Note: It is just hypothesized that he could be involved based on the above link which was apparently put together by a few people researching the man. As far as I know, that man hasn't confessed to this.

I'm new here, and read all of the rules. I don't think my first post violates any of the rules or TOS. I'm trying to look into this case as much as possible. This happened really close to where I live - I found out about this after finding her grave by accident. :(

It breaks my heart that she's still unidentified.

ETA: In the above link, look at the Jane Doe's listed July 20, 1990, and July 1990, which I believe are referencing the same woman. This is the same date as listed on the doenetwork and ISP links that were posted above by Cubby and inquiringmindz.

Reading through the list, I think that the connection of Larry DeWayne Hall to many of those murders and disappearances is questionable.

I don't think my first post violates any of the rules or TOS.
No, there is nothing wrong with the content of your first post.

BTW, welcome to WS.

:welcome:

Reading through the list, I think that the connection of Larry DeWayne Hall to many of those murders and disappearances is questionable.

No, there is nothing wrong with the content of your first post.

BTW, welcome to WS.

Thanks Carl! I was just a little worried since this community seems to maintain a fairly high standard for content posted, and I felt like I needed to put a little disclaimer in there in case I missed anything. I was chomping at the bit to get a membership to post that link.

I agree, I think that the connection with Larry DeWayne Hall is tenuous for a lot of those disappearances and murders. Just following the timeline, I think it would be difficult for him to have jumped from state to state in a short amount of time between some of the murders.

I briefly tried to track down the people that did the research so I can find out what process they went through to link him to these various crimes. I'm not sure if this was an undergraduate project, or what, but I didn't have any luck getting contact information yesterday. I'm going to give it a little more time in the next few days.

mtnmom - wow, I agree that she looks similar.

I'm really new at this. I wonder how I can figure out if Maria Guadalupe Montano had an upper denture plate, like this poor Jane Doe? I guess I can contact the Aurora police department.

Yorick it states she does have a daughter, but she was 10 and i dont know if she would know about her dentures. They dont even state her height or weight.

I was just going on looks, age, location, time frame . The violence of her death seems personal to me , suggesting some one she knew, but thats my assumption.

I see some resemblence between Maria and the UID. The distance is a bit far. Aurora is a suburb of Chicago and Collinsville, IL where the UID was found is a suburb of St. Louis. It would be about a 5-6 hour drive from Aurora to the St. Louis area. Aurora PD might know if Maria's husband was known to have traveled to the St. Louis area.

Welcome to WS yorick

Thanks Cubby!

I agree, this area (area where Jane Doe was found) is far from Aurora, but it is also easily accessible from Interstate 55 which goes near Aurora.

The road where her body was found is also a common route to get to Interstate 64. So, somebody could have been traveling Southbound to get back on 64 (or coming from 64), or going Northbound to catch I-55 or I-70, etc.

I don't know how accurate the hair color descriptions are - but Jane Doe has auburn hair and Maria has black.

This has been weighing on me really heavily ever since I found her gravesite. I'm hoping to try to revive some interest in this and see where it leads.

I wonder if it would be bad to try to get the local newspaper to run an updated story on the case to maybe revive the community's interest and hopefully jog somebody's memory.

yorick,

Just another idea. I am looking into utilizing the city-data forums for UID's. I have one in particular, Delafield John doe (WI) that I would like to post there. I just haven't yet made the time to ask the moderators there what area might be the best. There are area's for each state/city, people search and a newer true crime area.

I'm thinking the people search might be best, but would like to learn a little more first. Other WS'rs, believe09 in particular, has had success with a few WS cases using that site. And the site is enormous compared to websleuths, similiar software but far more posts and members. It might be an excellent avenue for some of these UID's. Especially those with good recons.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/index.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back