Why no pics of JAR in DOI?

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
Does this strike anyone else as odd? Any opinions on it?

I find it unusual.

I also wonder IF JAR knew his father and step mom were writing a book about JonBenets death.

I also find it ODD that one of the biggest clues to this murder was never followed up by the Ramsey PI's, at least that we know of.

Neither of the Ramseys, seemed to be upset enough about the man in Michigan who alleged that someone who said they were JAR, had offered him $10,000.00 to have a boating accident with JonBenet in the boat, to have their PI's determine WHO this MAN was.

JMO8778 said:

I don't think it's that odd,considering there aren't any pictures of Melinda either.

The one thing that did catch my attention though,is the picture of Beth, (Beth is deceased), holding a little baby,with the caption "Older sister Beth holding little JonBenet." The baby is olived skin with mounds of black hair,JonBenet had a light complexion with tufts of light hair,as shown on pictures on the same page.Nothing earth shattering,but the baby is obviously not JonBenet.

Melinda is in there,the caption says "holiday shopping with Melinda".That's what I find so odd.All of JR's children's pics are in the book,even the late Beth,with the exception of JAR.
I've always wondered about the baby Beth is holding as well.It sure doesn't look like JBR.

I find it unusual.

I also wonder IF JAR knew his father and step mom were writing a book about JonBenets death.

good thought, I wonder as well.

I also find it ODD that one of the biggest clues to this murder was never followed up by the Ramsey PI's, at least that we know of.

Neither of the Ramseys, seemed to be upset enough about the man in Michigan who alleged that someone who said they were JAR, had offered him $10,000.00 to have a boating accident with JonBenet in the boat, to have their PI's determine WHO this MAN was.

yes,very strange !

JMO8778 said:

Maybe the Ramsey's just wanted one of their children to maintain some kind of anonymity? It wasn't because they didn't care about him, they just knew that Burke, for example, was never going to be able to live a normal life because of all the publicity and didn't want the same to happen to JAR.

I still think the Ramsey's did it though!

I could be wrong but I seem to remember John saying (I believe in the book DOI) that JAR didn't want to be part of the book. Anyone else remember this?

thanx everyone.I was also wondering if he was left out so that hopefully no one would recognize him.Perhaps he was in Boulder before the 26th?
JAT.

BeeBee said:
I could be wrong but I seem to remember John saying (I believe in the book DOI) that JAR didn't want to be part of the book. Anyone else remember this?

BeeBee,

I don't remember reading that,although It's been a while since I read the book,and I don't have access to it now.

The DOI book that I had was the hard cover edition,it seems the paperback edition may have been a bit different. For example:

In the hard cover,there is picture's of JAR,in fact there were two,both were group pictures with the family,one with all standing in front of a fireplace,the other with the family standing in front of a boat.So,my mistake,there were picture's of Melinda,but I don't remeber seeing one of Melinda doing holiday shopping.Also,posters said there was a picture of JonBenet on the back cover with her back toward the camera,I didn't see that in the hard cover.

It seems the HC book,was different than the PB,in certain areas.

capps said:
BeeBee,

I don't remember reading that,although It's been a while since I read the book,and I don't have access to it now.

The DOI book that I had was the hard cover edition,it seems the paperback edition may have been a bit different. For example:

In the hard cover,there is picture's of JAR,in fact there were two,both were group pictures with the family,one with all standing in front of a fireplace,the other with the family standing in front of a boat.So,my mistake,there were picture's of Melinda,but I don't remeber seeing one of Melinda doing holiday shopping.Also,posters said there was a picture of JonBenet on the back cover with her back toward the camera,I didn't see that in the hard cover.

It seems the HC book,was different than the PB,in certain areas.

---->>>I have the original hot off the press hard cover book of DOI, and there are zero pictures of JAR, and only one of John with Melinda, Burke and JonBenet with John, and the sub title says, Holiday Shopping with Melinda,
Atlanta, November 1995. There is one picture of Beth holding heavy dark haired baby JonBenet. There are zero pictures of 'a' fireplace in this book. This copy of DOI was given to me by Toltec, as a gift.

OH and there is one picture of Grandpa and Grandma Paugh, with Burke and JonBenet, subtitle is, Out on the Town, Boulder, December 1996.

Someone tell me if I remember wrong, I had not remembered that Grandma Paugh was in Boulder the month of December, huh, er?

There are eight pages double sided, so 16 pages of single sided pictures between pages 210 and page 211.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back