How did he get in ?

Shanny

Reaction score
John Mark Karr (born December 11, 1964) is an American school teacher who made a false confession [1] regarding the unsolved murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey. [2] Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colorado, on December 26, 1996. Karr said he was present when Ramsey died and called her death an "accident."

When I heard about him the first thing I wonder was "How did he get into the house?" JMK said "I love JonBenét," and "I was with JonBenét when she died; she died accidentally." I have looked and I have not seen where he said how he got into the house. Does anyone have any info about that?

Shanny said:
John Mark Karr (born December 11, 1964) is an American school teacher who made a false confession [1] regarding the unsolved murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey. [2] Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colorado, on December 26, 1996. Karr said he was present when Ramsey died and called her death an "accident."

When I heard about him the first thing I wonder was "How did he get into the house?" JMK said "I love JonBenét," and "I was with JonBenét when she died; she died accidentally." I have looked and I have not seen where he said how he got into the house. Does anyone have any info about that?
He said he came in through the same window you can see in the crime scene photos, with the suitcase under it. It's the window with the grate on the outside. He also left through the window. He said he chose the window as he used to work in construction and knew most basement windows are not connected to alarms. He of course didn't know that the Ramseys never used their alarm system since the noise was too piercing when it was set off accidentally by JonBenet when she was younger and they found it difficult to turn off. By the way he said the crime was committed in this room, or at least part of the crime.

Shanny said:

Shanny
No I don't.
But it doesn't really matter does it?
Karr was never in the house.

Edit to add.
Maybe I have missed something, sorry....are you trying to ascertain from Karr how someone could have got into the house?

I figure the suitcase was placed under the window either to help the intruder step up to get out of the window (he wouldn't need help jumping down from the window when coming in) OR to make it look like an intruder entered through the window. If the former were the case, though, there shouldn't be any broken glass on the suitcase, unless by some incredible coincidence, the suitcase was already in place. It seems more likely to me that the suitcase was placed there for the latter reason, and the window was broken from the outside afterward to make it look like an intruder did it.

As a side note, though it is irrelevant now, Carr said to Wendy Hutchens that the window was unlocked. If that had been the case, there would have been no need to break it.

Shanny said:

Well obviously JMK wasn't actually in the house, but no one really knows how the alleged intruder could have entered. The alarm was off, so hypothetically if someone had a key they could have used that. BUT everyone with keys was investigated and ruled out, so presumably no one used a key. There were no signs of forced entry. There was a broken window in the basement which John claims he broke months before and didn't get around to fixing. Lou Smit claims that you can get in and out via the window but that's debatable. I'm pretty sure there was undisturbed dust on the window sill and there was no forensic evidence left, which you'd expect when someone is trying to negotiate his way through such a tiny window. There was also an unbroken spider's web over the window opening on the morning of the murder. This has been taken by some to mean that no one went in and out, but some experts claim that a spider could have made the web between the escape of the murderer and finding the body.

This is why most people think that the murder was perpetrated by someone inside the house, ie one or more of the Ramsey's.

I am starting to wonder if the house is the primary crime scene. Could she have been killed else where?

Just thinking out loud.

Trocaria said:
I am starting to wonder if the house is the primary crime scene. Could she have been killed else where?

Just thinking out loud.

Unlikely, no foreign DNA (apart from the dubious DNA in underwear and under fingernails), no foreigh fibres, substances. Would be a bit stupid to kidnap a child, take her away, kill her, put her back in the basement. Too risky.

<<I am starting to wonder if the house is the primary crime scene. Could she have been killed else where?>>

It has been speculated that maybe JBR died someone other than her house.

One of the Ramsey's friends witnessed her alive, at one of the last minute stops the Ramsey's made before going home after the White's party.
They stopped at maybe three places on the way home to drop Christmas gifts off to friends.

But I forget who that person was, sorry...maybe someone else here knows.
Could have been Susan Stine but I'm not quite sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back