Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

Omg.

Just heard it on the news as well.

He was a legend.

Bye Steve, we loved ya mate :blowkiss:

I'm shocked. I mean I always said he was going to die doing something dangerous, but I didn't really think it would happen. How sad for his young family.

I was just about to post this myself.
How sad for his wife and little kids.
I always thought some critter would end up getting him...just didnt think it would happen while he was still so young:(

That's just terrible. He has such young kids. Though I always thought he was being a bit selfish because he kept doing such dangerous stuff after having kids, I hate that he's gone.

Scandi[/QUOTE]I didn't see that Scandi, so I don't know anything about it. I'll miss his programs, and I wish the best for his wife and children.

That is so not what happened Scandi, maybe you'd like to check your facts :)
For starters, it wasn't an Alligator, it was a Crocodile :p

Wow, I was shocked to read this. Thats sad, i feel for his family. What shocking news for his wife. My heart goes out to them.

I just turned on the news, and there was the story.....sad!!

This gives an idea of what he must have went through. God Bless his soul.

Injuries to the extremities from stingray barbs are not uncommon along the Australian seaboard. Cardiac injuries from Stingray barbs are rare, even worldwide, and all but one have been fatal. We report a survivor of a cardiac injury caused by a stingray barb. Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb requires early surgical referral and management.

Australian coastal waters contain many species of stingrays, and injuries to the extremities caused by the barb or barbs on a stingray’s tail are not uncommon. These wounds are painful, and may develop necrosis and secondary infection. Penetration of a body cavity by a stingray barb may cause major morbidity and even death, particularly with cardiac injury, and requires early surgical referral and management

http://www.nswseakayaker.asn.au/mag/47/stingrays.html

I am shocked and saddened--he just had a new show on the travel channel where he and his family travelled in the US--he took big chances but really seemed to have an incredible zest for life--so sorry to hear this

Peter Hamilton said:
I am shocked and saddened--he just had a new show on the travel channel where he and his family travelled in the US--he took big chances but really seemed to have an incredible zest for life--so sorry to hear this
I didn't know he had a show on the travel channel. My hubby usually always watched his shows. He sure was crazy with those crocs! Its too bad, he was way too young!

This is just awful. My brother got stuck by a stingray barb in his hand and had to be hospitalised. The pain was so great he cried even though he was a grown man.

Steve really captured peoples interest in animals and my son and I loved watching him.

I knew you guys would be onto this, I just heard it on the radio in the car. They said in the report that they can't reach Terri as she is trekking in Tasmania.

Prayers go out to Terri, Bindi, Bob and his family.

I am so upset about this, I was totally taken aback by this news, I had to pull over and gain my composure. I know what he did was dangerous but he did it with such passion and devotion.

Too sad! :(

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/2/10ebw.html

I am saddened by his death. My thoughts go out to his wife and family!!

Everyone makes mistakes Scandi. He trusted the animals and both of his children play in the zoo to this day. We might not think it was right but thankfully the outcome was not bad and I think he learnt from it and did not do it again.

He was a great advocate for protecting the animals and australian environment and I do not think one mistake should overshadow that.

Shelly Beach said:
I knew you guys would be onto this, I just heard it on the radio in the car. They said in the report that they can't reach Terri as she is trekking in Tasmania.
That is so sad--we all know before she even does! Breaks my heart!!!

I was shocked when I saw the headline. How sad for Steve and his family. I enjoyed his shows and I'll miss him.

Steve did a lot of good for our wildlife and was certainly a unique charactor..all I can say is ...Crikey were sure going to miss him:( .

Thanks to you EdinburgLass,

What you wrote makes a lot of sense to me. I agree everyone can make mistakes. And like I said, he was a Titan among animals. He had such charisma it will be hard to replace him teaching all of our families - even the grown ups - about animals.

Krams Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back