WV - Debra Fielder, 47, slain, dismembered, Bunker Hill, 11 Aug 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
Wednesday August 23, 2006 8:27am</B>

Shanghai, WVa. (AP) - Officials say a woman whose dismembered body was found inside a suitcase and black plastic bag in a West Virginia creek apparently was stabbed to death.

Investigators don't know the woman's identity and when she died. Berkeley County's prosecutor says preliminary autopsy results are expected Thursday.

<snip>

West Virginia State Trooper F.H. Edwards, who is leading the investigation, declined to say whether anything was found. Authorities are urging anyone who knows of a woman who has been missing since before last Saturday to contact West Virginia State Police.

more at the link http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0806/354752.html

I just happened to find this article this morning while looking for something else. I had not heard anything about this.

I found this posted on a local forum but as of yet have found no official story confirming these details:

They put a discription of the victem on the news all I remember is that she was five something short brown hair and brown eyes and three piercings in one ear and four in the other. which probley puts her around my age, because that was the time they did piercing in the ears like that. but they have her listed as between 30 to fifty years old

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/inwood-wv/T7HR4LCQ3RH2MT910

Police: No Leads on Missing Morgantown Woman
Police say it's almost as if Rebecca Slaughter just disappeared.

Rebecca Slaughter's son reported her missing on July 15th. Police found her car on the 17th in Garrett County, Maryland. Troopers searched her vehicle.

"No info found on that," says Sgt. Harold Sperringer with the Morgantown Police Department.

They searched the area.

"Found nothing."

And they searched her house.

"With no results."

On July 11th, Slaughter made purchase at Pet Co in Morgantown. On July 12th, she was at Streets Store in Masontown. And that was the last anyone saw or heard from Rebecca Slaughter. Sperringer is stumped.

"We've had every detective in the department working on this," he says.

They've tracked phone records and credit cards. In 16 days, police have only gotten one tip. Over the weekend, someone believes they may have seen her. "There's nothing that indicates it was her," says Sperringer. "Just someone who looked like her."

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=12724

I can't find anything with Rebecca's physicals. She is 55 yoa so she might be to old for this body which they put the age between 30-50.

That is terrible, in a suitcase. Oh that is grim. I wonder if it missing Rebecca?

Michelle,

I've been searcihing Maryland missing today in reference to this body. It was found in Berkley county which though in WV is near your neck of the woods.

Shadow205 said:
Michelle,

I've been searcihing Maryland missing today in reference to this body. It was found in Berkley county which though in WV is near your neck of the woods.
My cousin lives there. We need to find a pic of Rebecca.

073106064632_missing2.JPG

Rebecca Slaughter Marsha Carol Ferber

Sorry, I couldn't cut Ferber from this picture. She has been missing since 1988 and is from the same area as Rebecca.

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) -- Berkeley County authorities are asking the public for help in identifying a woman's dismembered body that was found inside a suitcase and black plastic bag in Back Creek.

Prosecutor Pamela Games-Neely and State Police released a composite sketch of the woman yesterday.

<snip>

Forensic artists with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children produced the composite sketch. It shows a woman between the ages of 30 to mid-50s, with two ear piercings on the right ear and three on the left. Authorities described the woman as more than five feet tall with short brown hair and brown eyes.
http://www.wvva.com/News/index.php?ID=4820

The sketch was not in this article. It might help if they would put the sketch in the news articles! It is not on the WV State Police website either:confused:

MARTINSBURG — A very specific tip from a member of the public has led state police and county prosecutors to identify a woman whose body was recovered from Back Creek on Aug. 20.

The body has been identified as that of Debra Ann Fielder, 49, of Bunker Hill, West Virginia state police announced Friday afternoon

<snip>

Fielder was an ex-wife of a local attorney, according to the press release, and was last seen alive in her hometown on Aug. 11.
<snip>
No reports of the woman being missing were filed, Games-Neely said, and no possible suspects were named.
http://www.journal-news.net/news/articles.asp?articleID=3588

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=146737&format=html

Tuesday December 11, 2007

Stephen R. Fielder (Photo credit: File photo / )

[snipped]

Fielder gets life without parole

By MATTHEW UMSTEAD martinsburg@herald-mail.com

MARTINSBURG, W.VA. &#8212; Stephen R. Fielder's bid for a new trial or acquittal was denied Monday, meaning the Berkeley County attorney will be spending the rest of his life behind bars.

Fielder's body parts were wrapped in garbage bags, placed in three red pieces of American Tourister luggage and dumped in Back Creek in western Berkeley County. They were weighed down with gym weights.

After two of the suitcases were found Aug. 20, 2006, by two people fishing, police later confirmed through surveillance tape that the luggage and Gold's Gym weights were purchased by Fielder at the Martinsburg Wal-Mart six days earlier.

"As I expressed at trial, I'm sorry for the death of Debra Fielder," Stephen Fielder said before he was formally sentenced.

"She was, at the time we were married, a wonderful person."

On the witness stand, Fielder claimed his ex-wife's death on Aug. 11, 2006, was an accident that happened during a confrontation at his house off Winchester Avenue (U.S. 11) in Bunker Hill, W.Va. Fielder on Monday renewed claims that he believed his ex-wife had plotted that day to "clean him out" financially because of her addiction to crack cocaine and methamphetamine.

"I don't think the court got a chance to hear she was using drugs," Fielder said.

Stephen Fielder separately criticized the health care community for the treatment he received for the strokes he suffered leading up to his ex-wife's homicide and claimed he was still impaired. Fielder then asked Sanders to send him to a psychiatric hospital for a full medical evaluation.

"It's always somebody else's fault," Prosecuting Attorney Pamela J. Games-Neely responded. "The jury spoke; it's his fault."

"For once in his life, make him responsible for what he did," Games-Neely added in her statement to the court.

Link includes links to older articles about the case.

This Stephen Fielder guy sounds like a real idiot saying "I don't think the court got a chance to hear she was using drugs," Fielder said.
What difference would it make whether or not she used drugs?? She had no right to be murdered!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back