What do we know about Michael Helgoth?

calicocat

Reaction score
From what I read, he was never a suspect until after he was found dead of an apparent suicide, although no suicide note was ever found. Later, many believed he was murdered. The man had a collection of stun guns, had an infatuation with Barbie dolls, owned a baseball cap with the letters S.B.T.C. on it, and told a co-worker before JBR was killed, that he wondered what it would be like to crush someone's skull? He also told a co-worker that he and his friend were going to come into alot of money in the near future. His former girlfriend came home to find him in bed, naked, with her young daughter sitting on top the covers. He owned a videotape recording of another young girl that was murdered in much the same way whose case was never solved. He was caught breaking into other houses in the JBR neighborhood, dressed in black, and black fibers were also found at the JBR murder scene. And, it was either he or his friend that owned two long haired dogs, and unidentified dog hair was found at the JBR murder scene. He also owned a pair of Hi-Tec boots.

Does anyone know if this is fact or fiction and is there a picture of Michael Helgoth on the internet? Was his friend ever identified? Also, what was the significance of the letters S.B.T.C. on his baseball cap? Could he have been murdered and framed with evidence planted to point the finger away from the Ramsey's?

Texana said:
I'd still like an explanation for the SBTC on his cap as well.
I read that it was an acronym for the california tennis club. That his exgirlfriend explained it. (But then somewhere else I read that the ex girlfriend explaining the acronym was about a totally different STBC. It seems like maybe the 2nd reference was on a t-shirt.) Sorry, but I don't know which account is true.

The S.anta B.arbara T.ennis C.lub was the on the T-Shirt owned by Chris Wolf. His girlfriend contacted the police because he had left Christmas night and didn't return till the following morning with soiled clothes.

From what I have read and come to realize, is a major mistake in this case is assuming that the DNA sample they have is that of the killer. Seperate that out from every suspect and see what is left to examine.

I'm not quite knowledgable enough to do that yet. We have posters here on WS that I think are more studied and professional at understanding everything about the case than the DA who is named to find the killer/s and bring them, to prosecute. I even found a tribute to Jayelles on her expertise with the case somewhere in all my vast reading a couple of weeks ago.

I have read that Helgoth was not in Boulder on the night JB was murdered. I'd like to know more about that as that might not really be the case. Alibis often present a challange to learn the real truth. It is amazing to me to really look at all the things re: Helgoth that could point to the crime, and yet I have read it was his roomie that was the sexual perv or pedophile.

And yet a new theory has been put forth here that almost throws everything else out the window, in that the housekeeper/ and possibly husband etc was planned into the design of the crime, to take the fall for JB 's murder. Amazing.

I would say it either has to be Patsy or Helgoth/roomie who killed JB. That just isn't fair, right? LOL I'm torn at this point, but have ruled all others out.

Scandi

What we know about Helgoth is that he's dead and he didn't kill JBR. Burke owned a pair of Hi-Tecs, no stun gun was used on JBR, anything attributed to what is claimed Helgoth said is hearsay, and there is no evidence whatsoever that he was ever in that house at any time.

He was a Patsy... literally.

His "roomie" was Kenady, was it? I'd suspect him more than Helgoth, because Kenady had such a tale to tell about Helgoth, just like Tracey about his suspects.

Any who point the finger should themselves first be investigated, right? That's just too easy, after someone's dead and can no longer defend themselves. How convenient for the accuser. Helgoth may indeed have been there, reason he was killed, shot from the left side and he was right-handed. That's probably a pretty good clue that he was probably there and knew too much.

Question for all, did the R's have to give permission for an autopsy? If there hadn't been one, the head blow wouldn't even be known. It didn't break the skin and there was no bleeding from it. Probably the blue hair ties, and a top of the head pony tail was to cover any bruising, done after the bashing.

I was just reading someone's theory that the little weaving loom had some stretchy material in several colors and that the hair was tied up with the blue ones from that. If so, the killer evidently likes blue. The rest of the ties were scattered on her bdrm floor, which may have given him the idea. I think PR would have known those weren't hair ties and the bloomies were way too big. Jayelles' experiment showed the unlikelihood of PR or JBR choosing them. No female would do so.

Re neatness, the Charlevoix intruder who slept in JBR's bed there, reported by the two housekeepers, had a very neat suitcase open at the foot of the bed. Must have been in the bathroom. They didn't say they ever saw him.

Eagle1 said:
Question for all, did the R's have to give permission for an autopsy? If there hadn't been one, the head blow wouldn't even be known. It didn't break the skin and there was no bleeding from it. Probably the blue hair ties, and a top of the head pony tail was to cover any bruising, done after the bashing.
All suspicious deaths require that the body be autopsied regardless of the family's wishes.

Thanks for that information, that an autopsy is mandatory when a death is suspicious.

I think it is also mandatory in any homicide, it is dependent on the county coroner but murder is pretty standard. Years ago I know the county I worked in as a nurse required one for anyone that died at home. That's kind of lame though, because if the person was in hospice, or like 118 years old, I would think the autopsy would be redundant!

Mama-cita said:
I think it is also mandatory in any homicide, it is dependent on the county coroner but murder is pretty standard. Years ago I know the county I worked in as a nurse required one for anyone that died at home. That's kind of lame though, because if the person was in hospice, or like 118 years old, I would think the autopsy would be redundant!
As silly as it seems, I can actually understand the reasoning behind having laws dictating that all deaths occurring in the home require autopsy of the body... without such laws, LE and the ME and other civil servants are wide open for civil suits, and they should be reasonably protected from that. It does seem rather broad-brush, though.

There's been cases of nurses and nursing home caretakers euthanazing patients, you know. We shouldn't ever take our safety for granted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back