1075 users online (217 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Taking it off: Nude teens test the limits in Vermont town

news link

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. -- Nudity isn't new here. Usually it bares itself in more subtle places than a downtown parking lot, though.

This summer, a group of teenagers has disrobed near restaurants, bookstores and galleries, igniting a debate about whether this bohemian southern Vermont town should ban a practice that has been tolerated until now.

"Brattleboro tends to be a laid-back town and pretty accepting of the unusual, but this is really pushing limits," said Police Chief John Martin.

"It's clearly to outrage people, it's clearly rebelliousness," he said.

By most accounts, the stripping started on a whim in early summer when a young woman sat naked on a park bench, Martin said. Then another woman started taking her shirt off downtown.

Bizarre. I am a very laid back type of person, and don't consider nudity to be sexual and have no problems with the nude human body. HOWEVER, there IS a time and a place for it. Plus, if we're talking about CHILDREN under the age of 18, then I have a problem with that.

I also have a problem with them "parading" around town like that. I know many people are offended by the nude body and it makes them uncomfortable, so I do think that people absolutely have a right to do their shopping, go to restaurants and frequent other places in the town without being subjected to it.

As laid back as I am, I know I wouldn't want to be running into naked people while I was out running errands. Can you image stopping into a Starbucks and people are there drinking their frappucinos in the buff? There is a health issue for sure.....I wouldn't want to sit down in a chair that somebodys bare ass just got out of!!!

Also, there are too many perverts out there who would act on impulses that they might not get with fully clothed people!!

What an odd story!!

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    Bizarre. I am a very laid back type of person, and don't consider nudity to be sexual and have no problems with the nude human body. HOWEVER, there IS a time and a place for it. Plus, if we're talking about CHILDREN under the age of 18, then I have a problem with that.

I also have a problem with them "parading" around town like that. I know many people are offended by the nude body and it makes them uncomfortable, so I do think that people absolutely have a right to do their shopping, go to restaurants and frequent other places in the town without being subjected to it.

As laid back as I am, I know I wouldn't want to be running into naked people while I was out running errands. Can you image stopping into a Starbucks and people are there drinking their frappucinos in the buff? There is a health issue for sure.....I wouldn't want to sit down in a chair that somebodys bare ass just got out of!!!

Also, there are too many perverts out there who would act on impulses that they might not get with fully clothed people!!

What an odd story!!
    Hahaha
    Yeah I'm with you Julianne, we weren't born with clothes on and all that jazz and sure be a naturist if you want, but for gods sake show a bit of discretion lol

What ever happened to modesty? Those youngsters need something constructive to do.

There aint no way I would hula-hoop nude. And riding a bike nude must be a bit uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure you can't transmit anything from bare-ass contact.

I like clothes... hehe leaves more to the imagination and it looks better on most human bodies...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

I guess "freedom" of expression has a whole new meaning in this town.

Teens being teens, rebelling, testing the limits, I rather them parade around nude without harming anyone, then testing the limits through drugs and drink.

I'd rather have my kids see a naked person than violence, but if these "teens" are under 18, there's a problem, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'd rather have my kids see a naked person than violence, but if these "teens" are under 18, there's a problem, IMO.
    Hi Jeana,
    Thanks for the post.Yes it is a problem with teens doing this.There is also a problem if people think that it is ok for them to do this.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by julianne View Post

What an odd story!!
    i totally agree .. there is a time and place.. plus i dont see what purpose.running around nude does for people and esp in front of kids i know if i were some kid i wouldnt want some persons things hanging in my face YUCK its sickening imho

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't transmit anything from bare-ass contact.
    LOL!!!!!

I personally find this whole thing yicky. I don't want to sip on a cup of java from Starbucks only to look up and see some young buck walking by with his wang, flapping in the wind. If the teens want to walk around naked....they should go to a nudist colony.
    Seriousy, I don't think little children or the elderly should have to look at the works either.

Unless the teens plan to become rich and live on the Riviera or turn to stripping they will have to conform or go hungry when it comes time to find homes with friendly neighbors, apartments, future in laws, and jobs. They might even have criminal records to try and find jobs with if they continue to do this.

I just don't understand what's so hard about conforming to wearing clothes. Clothes are nice, they are soft and come in so many nice fabrics.

I would never live a life of nudity... to much upkeep and shaving involved.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne View Post

What an odd story!!
    Hi julianne,

I haven't seen you around in a while and hope you are well. I too am very comfortable with nudity, but there is a time and place for everything - and, as you mention, there are some public health issues to be considered.

Dave Sedaris wrote a hysterical short story called Naked about a 2-week trip he made to a nudie camp. It's a funny funny story!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast