1573 users online (320 members and 1253 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

6 children killed by Chicago fire

By MICHAEL TARM, Associated Press Writer

Children screamed "we're burning" early Sunday as an apartment fire, likely caused by a candle used for light because there was no electricity, killed six children ages 3 to 14, authorities said.

The victims' mother and three siblings were injured.

The third-floor, three-bedroom apartment on the city's North Side also had no smoke detector, said visibly shaken Fire Commissioner Raymond Orozco.

"This is the largest multiple fire fatality we've had from a single fire in quite a few years. I mean it's children. It's difficult for everyone involved," Orozco said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060903/...fire&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Those poor babies!

How sad. I think this would be the most horrific way to die. I was just telling my hubby that our new house doesn't have a fire extinguisher. I'm buying one this week!

How sad and how terrible to listen to those kids scream and not to be able
    to get to them. People at the fire will have nightmares for years. I can't even imagine. Sad that they were having to use candles instead of having lights too.

Fire kills six children - family had no electricity

Officials: Chicago fire that killed six children may have been caused by candle
    CHICAGO (AP) From her window, Kizzie Edwards often would see the Ramirez children playing on their back porch, some of them tapping out tunes on a miniature xylophone. "I used to wave to one of the little girls every morning," Edwards said Sunday. "I can't believe I can't do that anymore."

A fire swept through the Ramirez family's third-floor apartment on the city's North Side early Sunday, leaving six children dead -- five from the same family -- and three other children and the family's mother injured.

The fire, Chicago's deadliest in years, may have been caused by a candle used for light in an apartment without electricity, officials said.

"This is the largest multiple fire fatality we've had from a single fire in quite a few years. I mean it's children. It's difficult for everyone involved," said a visibly shaken Fire Commissioner Raymond Orozco.

The three-bedroom apartment in the Rogers Park neighborhood had no smoke detectors, he said. The apartment hadn't had electricity since May, said John Dewey, a spokesman for utility Commonwealth Edison. He wouldn't say why it was turned off, citing confidentiality reasons.

more at:

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/090...o_fire_ap.html

THIS IS HEARTBREAKING.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

How could they live without electricity since MAY???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)

How could they live without electricity since MAY???
    You'd be surprised how many people have to live like that. The numbers would probably shock you.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.