1072 users online (234 members and 838 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VT - 9yo girl's playmate alerts of abduction, att. sex assault

news link

A 9-year-old Burlington girl was abducted from her backyard Saturday night, but her father chased down the attacker and held him until police officers arrived, the city police department said Sunday.

The suspect, James Stephens, 44, of South Burlington was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and attempted aggravated sexual assault. He was jailed at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility in South Burlington for lack of $100,000 bail pending an initial court appearance Tuesday.

The incident began at about 7:05 p.m. Saturday at the South Meadow Apartments, a complex of more than 100 units on Raymond Place off Home Avenue just behind the Price Chopper shopping center on Shelburne Road.

The girl and three or four playmates were outside when Stephens, according to police, dragged her from the backyard of an apartment to a secluded spot behind the shopping center. One of the playmates alerted the girl's father, said Lt. Tim Charland, and the father grabbed his cell phone, called 911 and gave chase.

news link

Burlington, Vermont - September 5, 2006

44 year-old James Stephens was arraigned in court Tuesday. The transient man allegedly kidnapped a 9 year-old, but she was rescued by a quick-thinking friend and her step-father.

A friend ran to find the Morgan and told him about the abduction. Morgan chased after Stephens and his little girl.

He found the two near the dumpsters in back of Price Chopper. Stephens allegedly threatened the girl, called her a 'ho' and told police he planned to "get lucky."

"Luckily, there was a short time lapse from the time he took her and I got there," said Morgan. "She came running over and was hysterically screaming 'daddy he's going to hurt me, he's going to hurt me," explained Morgan.

When Stephens tried to run, Morgan threw Stephens against a wall. He fell to the ground and Morgan held him until police arrived. His bruises were still visible in court.

OMG!!!! Thank God she was rescued from this creep!!!! I see the bruises on this creep that the step dad gave him!! Too bad this as*hole is able to even stand in court---I can't believe he called this little 9 year old and ho and said he was planning to "get lucky!!!"

What a sorry excuse for a man!!!! Geez, in his pic he kind of reminds me of creepy little Couey!!!! Ewwwww--I hope he "gets lucky" in prison, over and over and over again!!!!!

He cared less about the girl's saftey,
    He cried this in court......

During the arraignment, Stephens, dressed in tattered gray camouflage trousers and an alcohol-themed T-shirt, kept his head down. His public defender told the court that Stephens felt unsafe in detention. Judge Mark Keller said he was confident Department of Corrections personnel would be able to take adequate care of him.

news link

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    This little girl was so fortunate to have a quick acting friend nearby to alert her quick thinking and acting father!

Thank goodness this perv was caught! Let's hope he is taken off the streets for awhile. Although I have my doubts about him being kept nearly long enough ... IOW FOREVER.

His pic reminds me of John Couey. One of the other scums we know of.

Elberethe is offline Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is permanent.
    He feels unsafe in detention. /snicker
    Why do I see so many angels everywhere, when I have so little faith in people? How can so much good exist among so much bad? Why don't my 2 angels desert me? There are others who deserve them more.

hopefully daddy got a few hard love taps in on him.

Apparently "Daddy" is the mother's boyfriend, not the father's biological Dad.

Let's hear it for finally having a boyfriend for a Mom that HELPS instead of harms! Yay!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

This man, the boyfriend, deserves a big round of applause.. for one acting like a caring parent ( though she is not his biological child), and 2 not killing the guy before the police arrived. I just wish to heaven there were more like this one!

As for the scum bag loser.. I do not feel one ounce oif pity for him and his current circumstances.. He made his bed so to speak.. now let him lie in it.. and to be honest the fear he now feels is probably not even close to how this child felt when he grabbed her, and threatened her. He deserves to go in to the general population.. they will serve up their own brand of justice..

I would really like to know why a kid cannot play in their own front yard or back yard without someone "protecting" them.

Even if they are in no need of supervision, it is such a natural thing to allow your kids to play in the yard of your house, without worrying that someone is going to take this "childhood" experience opportunity to kidnap the child.

That is soooo distrubing.....does a person now need a security guard, close circuit cameras and a guard dog to allow a kid to do a "simple" childhood activity.

That really upsets me that kids cannot even be kids in their own yard.......playing catch, kicking the soccer ball, playing with friends......

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard

Let's hear it for finally having a boyfriend for a Mom that HELPS instead of harms! Yay!

AMEN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opme
    the fear he now feels is probably not even close to how this child felt when he grabbed her.
    The question isn't whether or not he is concerned with his safety - it's whether or not anyone else is. I'd vote no.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Whoa, that boyfriend-daddy is super man. If I was that little girl super man and that other friend who alerted super man would be my best friends.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard

In addition to the positive outcome for this little girl, I agree that it is so nice to finally hear about a mother's boyfriend in a positive manner She seems to have found a good one.

Alleged Child Abductor Faces Judge and Family

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5368603

Police say the transient from Arkansas snatched the little girl from her backyard in the South Meadow Apartment complex Saturday night. She was playing with friends at the time.

Snip...

A friend ran to find the Morgan and told him about the abduction. Morgan chased after Stephens and his little girl.

He found the two near the dumpsters in back of Price Chopper. Stephens allegedly threatened the girl, called her a 'ho' and told police he planned to "get lucky."

"Luckily, there was a short time lapse from the time he took her and I got there," said Morgan. "She came running over and was hysterically screaming 'daddy he's going to hurt me, he's going to hurt me," explained Morgan.

More at link....

That little girl sure was lucky. I hope this POS gets locked up for life.
    You put the light in me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast