Where should this investigation go from here?

leighl

Reaction score
It is not enough to just speculate/debate the various RDI, BDI, & IDI theories. Although there is much value in round table discussions, solving this case is going to take action -- not just words.

Where do you think the investigation should go from here?

Be specific in your replies.

Is there something you think the BPD/DA need to give more attention?

Even if it is stating the obvious, discuss it.

Also, here is a preview of a report by Erin Moriarty on youtube.com.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nllcQW9QzC0

It talks about how the BPD DID NOT initially test BOTH droplets of blood on JB's panties. The droplet they initially tested did not yield a full DNA profile, the second droplet does, both match the DNA found under JB's fingernails.

The entire video is only about 5 min in length, the first part is about the DNA found on the panties,

The second bit talks about a Boulder crime in 1997. A little girl that took a dance class with JB was attacked by an intruder that was hiding in her home waiting. The BPD never followed this up despite there being evidence of the girl being assaulted in the same way JB was, never made a composite sketch despite the mother having confronted the intruder, etc.

Does anyone have the full story about this or know where to find the
full broadcast?, this particular youtube is just a preview, I would like to
hear the full Erin Moriarty report.

My opinion: JonBenet's death was not a crime. It was an accident. The person responsible for the accident was a 9-year child. In Colorado, 9-year children cannot be charged with a crime -- and in fact -- are protected from even BEING NAMED as being responsible.

I believe that every level of the justice system, including the last Grand Jury, came to understand this. Thus, the Grand Jury refused to charge anyone.

The only loose end -- and it is considerable -- the TRUTH was never told to the public because the State of Colorado has laws which protect the identity of underage children.

Can we accept on faith that our justice system worked? There is no "intruder/murderer" on the loose. Nobody got away with murder. The Ramseys made an extreme sacrifice to take it on themselves to destroy evidence and cover-up that their son was responsible. But I truly believe that they realized he did not intend to harm his sister. They forgave him and did everything they could (legal or otherwise) to protect him. Because of that, they heaped much rage onto themselves. It is possible they did the best they knew to do at the time. Who knows what anyone would do in that situation?

To their credit, if this is what happened, they were successful. Burke was never publicly accused or labeled as a murderer. They were able to continue within their family unit (what was left of it), without being separated from each other.

It is difficult to imagine the pain they experienced in losing their daughter (as beloved and dotted on, as she was), coupled with the pain of knowing what could be facing their son, whom obviously they loved very much.

There are lots of people who don't like the Ramseys, out of jealousy or intolerance. Maybe it is human nature for us to "want our pound of flesh."

When you sort it out, maybe what the public is angry about is the simple fact that we, concerned citizens, didn't get the satisfaction of learning what happened. We think it is our right because a crime was committed. Isn't that the problem?

Well, I am starting to accept the fact that there really wasn't a crime. It was an accident, and the family chose to take whatever drastic means they could to keep the details private. Was it their right to keep it private? I don't know, but it is my opinion that is why the public is still upset about it.

This is my opinion of what happened, and I am nearing the point where I am willing to let this go. Are you?

leighl said:
It talks about how the BPD DID NOT initially test BOTH droplets of blood on JB's panties. The droplet they initially tested did not yield a full DNA profile, the second droplet does, both match the DNA found under JB's fingernails.
IF THIS IS TRUE, THAT THE DNA MATCHED B/W HER FINGERNAILS AND PANTIES, THAN THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THE INVESTIGATION.

Many posters on this forum point to sources that say the DNA did not match. However, after reading their sources, it does not say that at all. Actually, their sources talk about the DNA collected, but never specify whether they matched or not. Absolutely no mention of matching. Maybe it was Ramsey spin about the matching DNA, but maybe it wasn't. WE NEED A CREDIBLE SOURCE...SAY MAYBE, THE PATHOLOGIST WHO DID THE REPORT.

I'm sure you'll still have RDI's saying she must have scratched her panties hard enough to put the factory worker's sneeze DNA under her nails. :waitasec:

Anyway, I think more credible testing needs done. The lack of testing in this case amazes me. I think they need to try and figure out the tool that caused the fracture. They need to review reports of the Ramsey home. Exactly what was in the laundry? The suitcases? Was there spilled make-up in the master bath? Was there anything at all??? Were the heck is all the clues? Unfortunately, the home is all but gone. Evidence, gone.

"IF THIS IS TRUE, THAT THE DNA MATCHED B/W HER FINGERNAILS AND PANTIES, THAN THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THE INVESTIGATION."

But it isn't. Jayelles has pointed out the inability to say for sure that they did. Didn't stop the PIs from spinning it on 48 Hours, obviously.

I'll tell you where the case should go from here: bring in an entirely new team.

SuperDave said:
"IF THIS IS TRUE, THAT THE DNA MATCHED B/W HER FINGERNAILS AND PANTIES, THAN THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THE INVESTIGATION."

But it isn't. Jayelles has pointed out the inability to say for sure that they did. Didn't stop the PIs from spinning it on 48 Hours, obviously.

I'll tell you where the case should go from here: bring in an entirely new team.
In my opinion,whether the RDI or an IDI the fact that this case remains unsolved is entirely the fault of the BPD.They gave the case to the most inexperienced detectives I've ever seen on a murder case and more mistakes were made,evidence mishandled and leaks to the media were rampant.Somebody should write a book titled "How not to solve a murder case" and base it on the BPD.

SuperDave said:
I think the BDA needs to share in that blame.
Indeed. The DA's office controlled how the BPD was able to proceed (or not).

This case will never move forward without a special prosecutor and a whole new investigative team.

PagingDrDetect said:

This case will never move forward without a special prosecutor and a whole new investigative team.
Agreed.

PagingDrDetect said:

Everyone needs to be removed.A new team of DA's to be appointed and 'fresh' experienced detectives put on the case. Give them all the evidence, access to the house and make the Ramsays "talk' Every single one of them.Well obviously not the 'dead' ones. Re interview all witnessess and make sure the media is kept out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back