762 users online (93 members and 669 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Jeffrey White, 3, & Jacob White, 4, Danbury, 2006

Fox News all morning has been talking about two little blond toddler boys missing in North Carolina...there is a huge search for them...yet NOTHING on the Fox site or anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The little boys look to be about 3 and 4 years old, the youngest is named Jacob. Sounds like there was a custody dispute but also evidence they may have left their home willingly on foot.
    Last edited by englishleigh; 09-06-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Karanjeff just PM'ed me the link...

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Sep...ooding,00.html

Thanks so much, Karanjeff!!

2 Missing Boys Tracked to N.C. River
    Wednesday, September 06, 2006

DANBURY, N.C. Two young brothers were missing from a home near a fast-moving stream Wednesday, while across the state six people were evacuated from an area flooded by a river swollen by Tropical Storm Ernesto.

In northwest North Carolina, where heavy rain fell after Ernesto moved through the state last week, search crews were looking for the two missing boys, ages 3 and 4, after they were believed to have wandered away from their grandparents'home.

Search dogs tracked the boys'scent to the nearby Dan River. The river has been swollen by rain and runoff but wasn't flooded.

Jacob White, 3, and Jeffrey White Jr., 4, were reported missing Tuesday afternoon, said Monty Stevens, director of Stokes County Emergency Medical Services. Danbury is about 120 miles west of Raleigh.

This doesn't sound good. I hope they didn't go in the river. I have nephews named Jacob and Jeffry, brothers, also a year apart. They are all grown up now. I hope these boys are found safe.

You're Welcome

I wasn't sure about the copyright thing and links. Glad I could be of service!

Here's a link for another article... http://www.wxii12.com/news/9791339/detail.htmlThere's a link for some more pictures of the boys and a map of the area.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    This is just down the road from me. I live one county over - but search teams are in our town searching the river at the dam downstream from where the boys went missing. It's very sad to think they may have fallen or gotten swept away in the river, but it is the most probable answer to what happened to them.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Unhappy No news yet?

I only caught a bit of this on the tv today, so I was checking here hoping to see that they'd been found. I am so afraid also that the river might have been what drew them. God bless them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    I only caught a bit of this on the tv today, so I was checking here hoping to see that they'd been found. I am so afraid also that the river might have been what drew them. God bless them!
    Poor little Fellas. Water is very fascinating to children , they are 'drawn' to it. I hope they find them safe but it seems unlikely. Terribly sad.

I altered the title of the thread to include their names and ages...prayers for them.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

NC - Jeffrey White, 3, & Jacob Craig White, 4, Danbury, 2006

http://www.wxii12.com/news/9791339/detail.html

Watched the video at the above link and it is said that the mother is in complete and utter shock. She does not even speak. There is a custody dispute and she had not seen her sons for two weeks before they went missing. Their aunt thinks they may have run away to be with their mother.

They are in NC in an area where the Dan River is flooding. Prayers for the two little ones.

I'm reading this thread each time I come here with one eye open. I just can't imagine them surviving that river if they were that close to it.

That's exactly how I feel. Poor scared little guys. They look so cute and happy in that picture. I can't imagine being those parents. My heart goes out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm reading this thread each time I come here with one eye open. I just can't imagine them surviving that river if they were that close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I agree, Jeana.Saw the river on cnn and it was so fast flowing and deep. still maybe a miracle will happen and they will be found safe. We can only hope and pray.

The dogs followed their scent to the river. Oh my gosh. They are just so young. I hope and pray that they aren't in that water but it sounds like they are. I feel so bad for their mom and dad and family. It seems like we lose a little one every day or two. About now they would have to start giving me shots to knock me out or something. I just can't imagine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast