9/11 TV Film Sparks Clinton Administration Outrage

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link

ABC's upcoming miniseries "The Path to 9/11" is generating a firestorm among members of the Clinton administration, who claim the two-part, made-for-TV film is filled with factual errors and lies.

Three members of the administration — former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, former National Security Adviser Samuel R. Berger and Clinton aide Bruce Lindsey, who now heads the Clinton Foundation — have sent letters to Walt Disney Company, parent of ABC, demanding that it re-edit or pull the five-hour film, scheduled for air Sunday and Monday nights without commercial interruption.

wow. wonder what it has in it to stew them up.Wish we could watch it here.

he has such supporters in the media...no? Kind of scary when you can't say anything about him...according to the DOD they had Bin Laden back in 96? i think...why did Clinton do NOTHING...anyway have a good night everyone!

lilsister said:
he has such supporters in the media...no? Kind of scary when you can't say anything about him...according to the DOD they had Bin Laden back in 96? i think...why did Clinton do NOTHING...anyway have a good night everyone!
Too busy snivelling about being a victim . . . Monica MADE him do it . . . and he was too distacted to deal with issue about protecting us common folk.

After all , image precedes eveything, yes? :waitasec:

The movie is a documentary.

Documentaries should be as accurate as possible, especially on such a political and inflammatory subject. It doesn't matter whether it applies, Clinton, Reagan, or Bush.

Remember when they did the movie on the Reagans and Nancy was so incensed, as alot of other people. Well, they pulled it.

Supposedly the movie is bad and had alot of innacuracies. They were even going to market it to the schools, through Scholastic.

I don't care what it says if it's accurate, but we all know you can "edit" a film, show pictures a certain way, and it changes your entire view. They're calling this a GOPumentary. He he.

To be fair, they have to show the mistake of alot of people - FBI, CIA especially. They're really filming a pretty touchy subject, at an UNUSUALLY political time (right before elections?)

Think about it.

Marthatex said:
The movie is a documentary.

Documentaries should be as accurate as possible, especially on such a political and inflammatory subject. It doesn't matter whether it applies, Clinton, Reagan, or Bush.

Remember when they did the movie on the Reagans and Nancy was so incensed, as alot of other people. Well, they pulled it.

Supposedly the movie is bad and had alot of innacuracies. They were even going to market it to the schools, through Scholastic.

I don't care what it says if it's accurate, but we all know you can "edit" a film, show pictures a certain way, and it changes your entire view. They're calling this a GOPumentary. He he.

To be fair, they have to show the mistake of alot of people - FBI, CIA especially. They're really filming a pretty touchy subject, at an UNUSUALLY political time (right before elections?)

Think about it.
I did . . . and Micheal Moore comes to mind. I called that a Puckumentary and I was being kind.

:truce:

lilsister said:
Sudan offered Bin Laden's head on a silver platter three times to Clinton and he said no - Clinton was more interested in receiving the Noble Peace Prize after his administration. He didn't get it.

Actspeaklouder said:
I did . . . and Micheal Moore comes to mind. I called that a Puckumentary and I was being kind.

LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

Actspeaklouder said:

HaHa! Down here, we called it a "DEMcumentary"

I wish we'd have thought of the "P"uckumentary!

Lady GL said:
Sudan offered Bin Laden's head on a silver platter three times to Clinton and he said no - Clinton was more interested in receiving the Noble Peace Prize after his administration. He didn't get it.

Really, that's amazing. Can you provide a link, please?

kgeaux said:
HaHa! Down here, we called it a "DEMcumentary"

I wish we'd have thought of the "P"uckumentary!

Well, I was trying to inject a little objectivity here, but I see that no one's interested in that.

So my boots are made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do. So long, gang! Have fun - actually this subject probably belongs in the PP forum, and actually there is a thread on it there. :)

This was talked about on Good Morning America. It is not a documentary. The makers of the show admitted it was a dramatization of the real events. I think this is wrong. They dramatized or changed events to make it more appealing to the viewers! I don't like that one bit.

Marthatex said:
Really, that's amazing. Can you provide a link, please?
Here you go -

Bill Clinton ignored repeated opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist allies and is responsible for the spread of terrorism, one of the ex-president’s own top aides charges.

Mansoor Ijaz, who negotiated with Sudan on behalf of Clinton from 1996 to 1998, paints a portrait of a White House plagued by incompetence, focused on appearances rather than action, and heedless of profound threats to national security. Ijaz also claims Clinton passed on an opportunity to have Osama bin Laden arrested.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/12/5/153637.shtml

Lady GL said:
Here you go -

Bill Clinton ignored repeated opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist allies and is responsible for the spread of terrorism, one of the ex-president’s own top aides charges.

Mansoor Ijaz, who negotiated with Sudan on behalf of Clinton from 1996 to 1998, paints a portrait of a White House plagued by incompetence, focused on appearances rather than action, and heedless of profound threats to national security. Ijaz also claims Clinton passed on an opportunity to have Osama bin Laden arrested.

Thanks for the link, Lady GL, but that article does not prove anything.

Media Matters
As Media Matters for America has noted, the false claim originated in an August 11, 2002, article on right-wing news website NewsMax.com that distorted a statement Clinton made on February 15, 2002. While addressing the Long Island Association's annual luncheon, Clinton said he "pleaded with the Saudis" to accept Sudan's offer to hand bin Laden over to Saudi Arabia. Sudan never offered bin Laden to the United States, and Clinton did not admit to the Sudan offer in that speech or anywhere else.

Lady GL said:
Here you go -

Right wing news source.

NEWSMAX is a conservative website with a history of publishing attacks on Democrats and providing fawning coverage of Republicans and conservatives. Christopher Ruddy, founder and editor of NewsMax and president and CEO of its corporate parent, NewsMax Media Inc., has written or edited books attacking Bill and Hillary Clinton, including The Strange Death of Vincent Foster: An Investigation (Simon & Schuster, 1997), which even right-wing pundit Ann Coulter dismissed as a "conservative hoax book" debunked by conservatives; Ruddy has used NewsMax resources to assist right-wing smear campaigns against the Clintons. Ruddy has extensive ties to Richard Mellon Scaife, the right-wing Pittsburgh financier who funded the 1990s dirt-digging operation against the Clintons known as the Arkansas Project. Scaife is an investor and the third-largest stockholder of NewsMax; before starting NewsMax, Ruddy was a reporter for the Scaife-owned Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/outlets/newsmaxcom?sort=video

Here's an article reprinted from the LA times:

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

I think if you are a Clinton supporter, you may not think it's true...but 9/11 was seven years in the making and I can't believe the Clinton Administration knew nothing about it. After he said "I never had sex with that woman" I didn't believe one word that came out of his mouth.

Different newspapers/websites will always be left wing or right wing.

windovervocalcords said:
Right wing news source.

NEWSMAX is a conservative website with a history of publishing attacks on Democrats and providing fawning coverage of Republicans and conservatives. Christopher Ruddy, founder and editor of NewsMax and president and CEO of its corporate parent, NewsMax Media Inc., has written or edited books attacking Bill and Hillary Clinton, including The Strange Death of Vincent Foster: An Investigation (Simon & Schuster, 1997), which even right-wing pundit Ann Coulter dismissed as a "conservative hoax book" debunked by conservatives; Ruddy has used NewsMax resources to assist right-wing smear campaigns against the Clintons. Ruddy has extensive ties to Richard Mellon Scaife, the right-wing Pittsburgh financier who funded the 1990s dirt-digging operation against the Clintons known as the Arkansas Project. Scaife is an investor and the third-largest stockholder of NewsMax; before starting NewsMax, Ruddy was a reporter for the Scaife-owned Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
So, Wind, are we ONLY to believe left wing news sources? Are they the ONLY ones that tell the truth? The left wing NEVER distorts the truth? Bill Clinton NEVER lies.

Let's get real here. President Clinton has an agenda now, and that's to get Hillary elected.

BarnGoddess said:
So, Wind, are we ONLY to believe left wing news sources? Are they the ONLY ones that tell the truth? The left wing NEVER distorts the truth? Bill Clinton NEVER lies.

Let's get real here. President Clinton has an agenda now, and that's to get Hillary elected.
Thanks for saying that, BG!

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The answer does lie somewhere in the middle however, I don't think that the blame lies solely on Clinton. Clinton may have dropped the ball, but why didn't Bush pick it up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back