Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 161

Thread: Questions you'd like answers to...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    732

    Questions you'd like answers to...

    there are some things about this case that will never be known, but they are details that drive you nutz - here's a few I have, what are yours?

    1. Why was it so important to the Ramseys' story that JonBenet was asleep when they got home and was taken directly to bed? Burke said she woke up and helped carry stuff into the house. We know she had pineapple, so why lie about her being asleep? It seems as though it would have been easier to say that she woke up when they pulled into the garage, they futzed around and had a snack and then went to bed - why was it important enough to lie about it? It's as if they were afraid to have anyone know the child was on the first floor that night between those hours - why? Did something happen in that part of the house?

    2. Why did Burke act so strangely that morning? Why did he pretend to be asleep, and why didn't his parents wake him up and ask him if he had seen or heard anything in the night? Why when his father came up to get him to take him to White's house, did he remain silent and not ask any questions? That's not the way nine year old boys act - they want to know everything that's going on and if a cop walks in the house, they're fascinated by him, and want to know why he's there. This kid did not ask ONE question or exhibit any fear or curiosity at all. (In my opinion, someone put the fear of God in this kid to keep him quiet. I can hear it now, "no matter what anyone asks you, you say you don't know, do you hear me?? Do you want Mom and Dad in jail?? Don't say anything!!!, I mean it, Burke!!!) And I don't care what anyone says about everyone being "different", nine year old boys don't act like that in that kind
    of situation - he didn't even ask, "is JonBenet going with us to the Whites?"

    3. How did that blood get in the underwear? She's been wiped clean, but there is blood on the crotch panel - so she had to have had them on, been injured, wiped clean, and then the underwear put back on with the longjohns with the urine stain in the front - otherwise, how could the blood have gotten there? Which means she had that pair of underwear on, she was injured, the underwear were pulled up, and then someone thought better of it, pulled them down, wiped her clean and then pulled the underwear back up. How else could the blood have gotten on that part of the underwear?

    4. Patsy Ramsey was so insistent on the ransom note being on the spiral staircase, saying, "and that's how I come down every morning." How would an intruder know that? Why not leave it in her bed, or on the kitchen counter or the windshield of the car, or the steps leading down from their bedroom, where the parents would be sure of seeing it. And why would she never admit to having read the damned thing? Or why wouldn't she read it in the first place? If it was my kid, I'd of have it memorized. She insinuated to LE that it was 'weird" that Fleet White knew it so well - well, anyone with a brain and a heart would be reading that note over and over wondering if there was anything about it that could tell them who killed that little girl. What's weird, is that Patsy Ramsey didn't do that.

    This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.
    Well, yes, there are norms and traditions and all that good stuff. However, they are guidelines, and to think that people who don't fit the mold are suspicious and therefore should be denied rights is delusional.

    Furthermore, it is very obvious the Ramseys had no regard for norms or appropriate behavior because they bleached the hair of a five year old and dressed her up like a hooker. How many parents do that? But that still does not make them murderers.

    I will, however, agree with you that there is plenty about the Ramseys which doesn't make sense. But it was there before JonBenet died, as well. These were not normal people.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,426
    One question that comes to my mind is, I want to know who it was that screamed in the middle of the night? Was it JBR or PR? If I recall no one really knew who it was...


    ETA: wouldn't one think to call the police if they heard a scream in the middle of the night?


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev

    This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.
    Thank you.That's something that needed to be said for a long time.
    Lack of a script on how most people would act in that situation doesn't mean their behavior is "normal" or unsuspicious.The fact of the matter is,the Ramseys behavior was so very uncharacteristic for that situation that it raised many red flags right from the beginning.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    there are some things about this case that will never be known, but they are details that drive you nutz - here's a few I have, what are yours?

    1. Why was it so important to the Ramseys' story that JonBenet was asleep when they got home and was taken directly to bed? Burke said she woke up and helped carry stuff into the house. We know she had pineapple, so why lie about her being asleep? It seems as though it would have been easier to say that she woke up when they pulled into the garage, they futzed around and had a snack and then went to bed - why was it important enough to lie about it? It's as if they were afraid to have anyone know the child was on the first floor that night between those hours - why? Did something happen in that part of the house?
    I suspect because they said that in the beginning and just had to stick with it. I suppose they said that in the beginning (and continued to say so despite the evidence to the contrary) because her being awake had something to do with what happened to her. They probably deny she was awake because admitting she was might make them appear more suspect then they already looked. They didn't want to answer any questions about what went on while she was awake, so they just deny she was at all. Opening that door just makes it possible that they might be guilty of something... no way they'd go there, so they slammed that door by claiming she was asleep from the moment she left the car.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    2. Why did Burke act so strangely that morning? Why did he pretend to be asleep, and why didn't his parents wake him up and ask him if he had seen or heard anything in the night? Why when his father came up to get him to take him to White's house, did he remain silent and not ask any questions? That's not the way nine year old boys act - they want to know everything that's going on and if a cop walks in the house, they're fascinated by him, and want to know why he's there. This kid did not ask ONE question or exhibit any fear or curiosity at all. (In my opinion, someone put the fear of God in this kid to keep him quiet. I can hear it now, "no matter what anyone asks you, you say you don't know, do you hear me?? Do you want Mom and Dad in jail?? Don't say anything!!!, I mean it, Burke!!!) And I don't care what anyone says about everyone being "different", nine year old boys don't act like that in that kind
    of situation - he didn't even ask, "is JonBenet going with us to the Whites?"
    According to the Ramseys, Burke was woken up once the house was full of people, JR told him that JBR was missing and he had to go to the White's for his own safety. I don't buy it. I think Burke knew something happened, his voice was heard by many on the 911 tape, and therefore had no need to ask questions. However, Burke was also known to be rather detached as part of his general personality anyway. I think you are correct, though, in believing he was admonished by his parents to keep his yap shut and quickly spirited away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    3. How did that blood get in the underwear? She's been wiped clean, but there is blood on the crotch panel - so she had to have had them on, been injured, wiped clean, and then the underwear put back on with the longjohns with the urine stain in the front - otherwise, how could the blood have gotten there? Which means she had that pair of underwear on, she was injured, the underwear were pulled up, and then someone thought better of it, pulled them down, wiped her clean and then pulled the underwear back up. How else could the blood have gotten on that part of the underwear?
    My guess is that it pooled inside her and when she was moved into a vertical position when JR picked her up some of it dripped out to stain the panties. Not to be icky, but us ladies know how that can happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    4. Patsy Ramsey was so insistent on the ransom note being on the spiral staircase, saying, "and that's how I come down every morning." How would an intruder know that? Why not leave it in her bed, or on the kitchen counter or the windshield of the car, or the steps leading down from their bedroom, where the parents would be sure of seeing it. And why would she never admit to having read the damned thing? Or why wouldn't she read it in the first place? If it was my kid, I'd of have it memorized. She insinuated to LE that it was 'weird" that Fleet White knew it so well - well, anyone with a brain and a heart would be reading that note over and over wondering if there was anything about it that could tell them who killed that little girl. What's weird, is that Patsy Ramsey didn't do that.
    JAR even said that those stairs were a nutty place for the note to be left and was part of why he believed that whoever left it knew the family very intimately and would have known Patsy or someone else would have gone down those steps first thing in the morning. Patsy knew every word of that note because she wrote it. Pretending to not have it memorized is just more protective distancing just like claiming JBR was asleep from the moment she left the car. She claims when she called 911 she had only read the first few lines, but when asked by the dispatcher who had signed the note she told them how it was signed. She then changed her story saying that she was looking at it spread out on the floor in the hallway by the kitchen where JR was reading it and that she read it over his shoulder.

    Like you, I don't believe she would not have memorized that note if she had actually seen it for the first time that morning, and it was written by someone else. I find it highly strange that both JR and PR didn't memorize everything about that note but neither one could verify much of what it said in their interviews. Everyone in the house was scouring that note but the Ramseys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.
    I absolutely agree.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    252
    A big question of mine is whether there really were two other voices on the original enhanced 911 tape. I'd like to hear it for myself...but oddly enough, that seems like the only piece of evidence in the case that hasn't been released in some manner (so far).
    Whether there really were other voices would be a big kicker...instantly exposing Ramsey lies. Next up would be whether the 3rd voice is reall Burke, or an unknown person.

    I do think Burke contradicting his parents' story about how Jonbenet was when they all got home was a slip in his coaching. When asked about whether he'd eaten any pineapple that night, Burke gave the "I don't remember". Did he really not remember...or did he know not to answer that question?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthingSleuth
    A big question of mine is whether there really were two other voices on the original enhanced 911 tape. I'd like to hear it for myself...but oddly enough, that seems like the only piece of evidence in the case that hasn't been released in some manner (so far).
    Whether there really were other voices would be a big kicker...instantly exposing Ramsey lies. Next up would be whether the 3rd voice is reall Burke, or an unknown person.

    I do think Burke contradicting his parents' story about how Jonbenet was when they all got home was a slip in his coaching. When asked about whether he'd eaten any pineapple that night, Burke gave the "I don't remember". Did he really not remember...or did he know not to answer that question?
    CAn anyone direct me to where I can find Berke's talking about these things.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    11,220
    "Was it a drawing that you'd normally see in a textbook, or was it a drawing of what you would see if you were up close and personal?"

    Not only was it up close, he drew it with eyes and the clitoris for a nose.

    "SuperDave: I think you may be confusing the My Twin doll JBR was given for Christmas with the American Girl dolls JBR had a few of."

    i knew it was one of them!

    Here's the pic:

    Go to the 11th post on the "What If" thread at FFJ.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "SuperDave: I think you may be confusing the My Twin doll JBR was given for Christmas with the American Girl dolls JBR had a few of."

    i knew it was one of them!

    Here's the pic:

    Go to the 11th post on the "What If" thread at FFJ.
    Yeah, that's the American Girl doll. I don't think there is a photo available of JBR's My Twin doll.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "Was it a drawing that you'd normally see in a textbook, or was it a drawing of what you would see if you were up close and personal?"

    Not only was it up close, he drew it with eyes and the clitoris for a nose.
    Eyes and a clitoris for a nose?

    I just can't let all this sexy talk go without telling a story!

    I student taught, Academic Biology (10th grade), a long time ago. The kids were studying 'roots'. I had them draw pictures of 'roots' on some poster paper. OK, you know what a root looks like right? Kinda, a long cone shape thing. Long, wider at the top, and narrowing and pointed at the end, as a root would be. So, being the ever brownie student teacher that I was, I hung the art work in the back of the room, alllll the way across the room!

    LOL, and for some reason, they were all black, I dunno as to why, now.

    OMG--- Then another teacher came into the room one day, and said to me, why do you have all those 'black penises' hanging back there? LMBO I was so naive!!!! But ya kno, after that, I realized, the drawings did look like penises. LOL all 20 some of them hanging in a long row!

    OK back on topic,

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
    Posts
    15,136
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "Was it a drawing that you'd normally see in a textbook, or was it a drawing of what you would see if you were up close and personal?"

    Not only was it up close, he drew it with eyes and the clitoris for a nose.
    Dave, where have you read this or seen the picture?

    Thanks.
    `````````````````

    JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

    FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE



    Join Websleuths on Twitter

    Follow websleuths on Twitter

    And Face Book of course
     | 





    ************************************************** **************************************

    Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "Was it a drawing that you'd normally see in a textbook, or was it a drawing of what you would see if you were up close and personal?"

    Not only was it up close, he drew it with eyes and the clitoris for a nose.

    "SuperDave: I think you may be confusing the My Twin doll JBR was given for Christmas with the American Girl dolls JBR had a few of."

    i knew it was one of them!

    Here's the pic:

    Go to the 11th post on the "What If" thread at FFJ.
    SuperDave,

    As far as Burke's drawings,it's not quite as your discription above. Here is the snippet from the Globe tabloid:

    "DRAWING 4: a distorted body with what looks like female genitalia., it tells me that Burke is aware of sexual activity." .....
    ...."Sexual conflicts are evident in these doodles Burke made on a Sunday school notepad,says Dr. Glass."

    This is from the Globe,need I say more?

    I think it's all bogus.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,662
    I have a question! Anyone besides me not able to sleep at night from rereading the books written about this case, the transcripts, reading here, and at FFJ?

    I go to bed at night and lay there, thinking and thinking about JonBenet and all we know, think we know, and especially thinking about what we don't know. The frustration is taking it's toll on me. Sleep? what is that? I can't sleep!

    Will there ever be JUSTICE for JonBenet?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hoffman Estates, IL
    Posts
    399
    LaMer, I can totally relate--and I'm new to this board, but can't tell you the number of times I forced myself to go to bed at 1:00 am or later after reading the Laci board, before she was found. I remember I'd lie awake, crying, trying to figure out where she could be...

    Last night, I was so engrossed in reading the Ramsey interviews that I lost track of time, and suddenly I had a panic attack--I knew I was alone in the room and I'd been reading for hours, but where were my kids??? Had they gotten off the schoolbus??? If they were home, why couldn't I hear them???? I stared at the clock on my monitor and it said 11:00 and for a split second I was relieved because I knew they hadn't left for school yet, because they leave at noon...THEN I realized it was 11:00 *PM* and everyone was in bed....It was the weirdest feeling....
    He's guilty. Get over it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Betsy
    LaMer, I can totally relate--and I'm new to this board, but can't tell you the number of times I forced myself to go to bed at 1:00 am or later after reading the Laci board, before she was found. I remember I'd lie awake, crying, trying to figure out where she could be...

    Last night, I was so engrossed in reading the Ramsey interviews that I lost track of time, and suddenly I had a panic attack--I knew I was alone in the room and I'd been reading for hours, but where were my kids??? Had they gotten off the schoolbus??? If they were home, why couldn't I hear them???? I stared at the clock on my monitor and it said 11:00 and for a split second I was relieved because I knew they hadn't left for school yet, because they leave at noon...THEN I realized it was 11:00 *PM* and everyone was in bed....It was the weirdest feeling....
    Oh Betsy,
    I understand and I can relate I'm so relieved to know, I'm not alone! It is driving me nuts, cause when I feel that I am finally drifting off to sleep--finally you know---the words-sentences are still scrolling past my eyes!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27

    My guess is that it pooled inside her and when she was moved into a vertical position when JR picked her up some of it dripped out to stain the panties. Not to be icky, but us ladies know how that can happen.
    IMO That's not icky at all! It's gravity and mother nature. This board discusses JonBenet's vaginal injuries, why would you acknowledge you were being icky be discussing blood flow? Don't be silly. IMO

    I believe the blood spot shows JonBenet stared menstruating at an early age IMO. Patsy knew this and started seeing JonBenet as an adult; an adult who would compete with her for male attention IMO. John Ramsey saw his six-year old daughter in Vegas showgirl costumes and other sexy outfits and became attracted to her IMO. Maybe it was how she looked at him when she was on stage, maybe it was the inviting gestures she made during her performances. IMO Whatever it was, John started paying more attention to his daughter than he did to Patsy IMO. Patsy found father and daughter together and went to strike John because she wanted him dead when she saw first-hand what he was doing, but instead she accidentally hit JonBenet IMO. Instead of calling the paramedics when Patsy can tell them it was an accident and explain the whole story of abuse (remember, there was evidence of chronic abuse which would've substaniated Patsy's story to any doctor), she writes a three-page ransom note and stages it to look like a strangulation IMO. After all, she was willing to hit and possibly kill her husband for abusing their daughter but when she accidentally killed or knocked her daughter unconcious, she had to stage it to make it look like her daughter was murdered. It makes sense to me IMO.

    What do you guys think?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Top of the Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    8
    I know there are much bigger questions within the scope of this whole mystery - but one that keeps tugging at me is: What in the world could have been responsible for that metal-scraping-on-concrete sound which one of the neighbors heard? Garbage cans being drug to a door? Snowshovel clearing a path? Dislodging a frozen gate? Or something completely unrelated? Bugs me because I want to think the possible answers and their implications would have to be pretty limited - yet I can't settle on anything that helps.

    Annette

  18. #18
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Annette
    I know there are much bigger questions within the scope of this whole mystery - but one that keeps tugging at me is: What in the world could have been responsible for that metal-scraping-on-concrete sound which one of the neighbors heard? Garbage cans being drug to a door? Snowshovel clearing a path? Dislodging a frozen gate? Or something completely unrelated? Bugs me because I want to think the possible answers and their implications would have to be pretty limited - yet I can't settle on anything that helps.

    Annette
    I'm thinking it was an object in the windowless room. The police took a large piece of sheet metal during their search. You can see it in one of the photos. If that had to be moved, i.e. slid out of the way, it could make a metal-scraping-on-concrete sound.

    Someone else has speculated that it was the paint cans being slid over.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    732

    Paperdoll, Annette et.al

    The scream in the night is a puzzler too. Someone on this board suggested that the scream was from Patsy, and that actually made more sense to me - hearing the child's head hit something, might make the mom let out a scream. I agree with Hamilton that people hear screams and don't call LE all the time.

    The metal scraping is curious too. At one time I wondered if perhaps one of the Ramseys pulled the sewer grate away to throw the tape down into the sewer, then I considered the scenario that someone moved the gas grill in the back of the house (which was practically on the window grate) to set up a more obvious window break-in and thought better of it. Like Annette, I'm not wondering if it had anything to do with it at all. One likely explanation is that someone in the neighborhood was cleaning up after a Christmas party and took trash out to the garbage cans.

    rashoman's question about PR first saying she stepped over the note is another odd bit of info that the Ramseys' threw into the cauldron. (Of course she told three different stories about what happened that morning so who knows?) It was very important in her mind that she did not touch that note for some reason (and I think we know what that is) and then JR's story that he spread the note out on the floor and got down on his hands and knees to read it - that's just dumb. There's a counter right there - why not spread the note out on the counter or just pick the damned thing up to read it? IMO, I think the Ramseys got their stories crossed up - one or the other thought the note was supposed to be left by the door, where JR left it, and the other thought it was supposed to be left on the stairs - once it was out, they were stuck with it.

    It's really difficult to remember all the little lies inside the big lies, and the Ramseys did what many people do when they're trying to convince people that the lies are true - they keep adding stupid details. Look at JR's story that he looked outside from a window with binoculars and saw a strange car (which just happened to look like McReynolds by the way) but doesn't seem to think it was worthy of mention to the cops. Or the window in the basement being open - or was it closed? I don't think he could remember.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Top of the Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    8
    Thanks IrishMist. I had managed to miss anything about sheet metal, so that now gives me something to go try to look up.

    And LaMer I join the others in commending you for thinking of the possibiity that the Xmas morning video may have revealed trouble in paradise.

    I could almost go with that video revealing the presence of other family members like a grandpa or older brother or anyone else - except while at the White's party, I would have chatted about the events of our Christmas day - our morning, maybe about some of the gifts and how surprised so-N-so was, who all was there for the noon-day meal, who helped in the kitchen, who all settled in afterwards to nap or watch tv or Xmas movies, etc...and I just have to wonder if the presence of extras wouldn't have come up in conversation and been relayed to LE later whether there was video proof of it or not.

    Annette

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,649
    [Bev]
    3. How did that blood get in the underwear? She's been wiped clean, but there is blood on the crotch panel - so she had to have had them on, been injured, wiped clean, and then the underwear put back on with the longjohns with the urine stain in the front - otherwise, how could the blood have gotten there? Which means she had that pair of underwear on, she was injured, the underwear were pulled up, and then someone thought better of it, pulled them down, wiped her clean and then pulled the underwear back up. How else could the blood have gotten on that part of the underwear?
    JB was still alive (though probably in a coma) when the paintbrush injury was inflicted, for otherwise the wound would not have bled. And I suppose that after she was wiped down and the size 12 panties were put on her, some blood from the vaginal wound seeped into the panties.

    4. Patsy Ramsey was so insistent on the ransom note being on the spiral staircase, saying, "and that's how I come down every morning." How would an intruder know that? Why not leave it in her bed, or on the kitchen counter or the windshield of the car, or the steps leading down from their bedroom, where the parents would be sure of seeing it.
    Did Patsy actually say she stepped over the ransom note? For stepping over something on a spiral staircase is quite difficult and might easily land you on the floor. Where exactly was the RN spread out? On more than one stair?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,469
    Paperdoll,you made a good point about the fact that if the neighbor supposedly heard a scream,why didn't she call the police? probably because she never did hear one---on the other hand,there are many "Kitty Genovese" stories,where people hear screams and don't care---for those who don't know,Kitty Genovese was beaten and then murdered in NYC in 1964--despite dozens of people hearing her screams,no one called the police--Its the most infamous case of people "not wanting to get involved" there was--but there are many others--The Wonderland murders in Los Angeles where four people were beaten to death in revenge for robbing a drug dealer had several people hearing screams but none called the cops

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    there are some things about this case that will never be known, but they are details that drive you nutz - here's a few I have, what are yours?

    1. Why was it so important to the Ramseys' story that JonBenet was asleep when they got home and was taken directly to bed? Burke said she woke up and helped carry stuff into the house. We know she had pineapple, so why lie about her being asleep? It seems as though it would have been easier to say that she woke up when they pulled into the garage, they futzed around and had a snack and then went to bed - why was it important enough to lie about it? It's as if they were afraid to have anyone know the child was on the first floor that night between those hours - why? Did something happen in that part of the house?

    The story I heard was that Burke told LE that JonBenet walked up the spiral stairs, ahead of Patsy. Did not hear that she carried anything. The pineapple story according to John is that he told LE the same story...why would we LIE about JonBenet having pineapple?

    2. Why did Burke act so strangely that morning? Why did he pretend to be asleep, and why didn't his parents wake him up and ask him if he had seen or heard anything in the night? Why when his father came up to get him to take him to White's house, did he remain silent and not ask any questions? That's not the way nine year old boys act - they want to know everything that's going on and if a cop walks in the house, they're fascinated by him, and want to know why he's there. This kid did not ask ONE question or exhibit any fear or curiosity at all. (In my opinion, someone put the fear of God in this kid to keep him quiet. I can hear it now, "no matter what anyone asks you, you say you don't know, do you hear me?? Do you want Mom and Dad in jail?? Don't say anything!!!, I mean it, Burke!!!) And I don't care what anyone says about everyone being "different", nine year old boys don't act like that in that kind
    of situation - he didn't even ask, "is JonBenet going with us to the Whites?"

    According to Johns story, he told Burke JonBenet was missing and Burke began to cry. What is strange is that the "crying" Burke managed to leave with his beloved Nintendo64! Either Burke was feigning sleep because he was guilty of something or the screaming voices scared the bejeesuz out of him.

    3. How did that blood get in the underwear? She's been wiped clean, but there is blood on the crotch panel - so she had to have had them on, been injured, wiped clean, and then the underwear put back on with the longjohns with the urine stain in the front - otherwise, how could the blood have gotten there? Which means she had that pair of underwear on, she was injured, the underwear were pulled up, and then someone thought better of it, pulled them down, wiped her clean and then pulled the underwear back up. How else could the blood have gotten on that part of the underwear?

    According to LE, the blood stains in the underwear did not correspond with the blood on her vaginal area. This proves the underwear she originally wore were taken off and the size 12 bloomies were put on.

    4. Patsy Ramsey was so insistent on the ransom note being on the spiral staircase, saying, "and that's how I come down every morning." How would an intruder know that? Why not leave it in her bed, or on the kitchen counter or the windshield of the car, or the steps leading down from their bedroom, where the parents would be sure of seeing it. And why would she never admit to having read the damned thing? Or why wouldn't she read it in the first place? If it was my kid, I'd of have it memorized. She insinuated to LE that it was 'weird" that Fleet White knew it so well - well, anyone with a brain and a heart would be reading that note over and over wondering if there was anything about it that could tell them who killed that little girl. What's weird, is that Patsy Ramsey didn't do that.

    We only have Patsy's word that the note was on the spiral stairs....no witnesses. Why would she claim that she read the entire note...she wrote it and she wanted to distance herself from it.

    This baloney that the parents shouldn't be suspected because of their behavior, because everyone acts "differently" is just that - baloney. If everyone acted differently, we wouldn't have societal norms, we wouldn't have traditions, we wouldn't know how to act appropriately in situations. Not to get into anything too esoteric, but there is a biological mechanism in the brain called "theory of mind mechanism". It allows us to understand and act appropriately in society, because we observe appropriate behavior and store those reactions in the brain. These parents didn't act in the way innocent parents act - they go on tv, but can't talk to the police. They call a lawyer the very day it happened, and then refuse to be interviewed, they have investigators on Dec. 27th, taking statements from people who were there that day and don't even inform the police. They give physical evidence but won't talk to the cops or take polygraphs or do one thing to remove themselves as suspects in the case. Things have to make sense and this just does not make any sense at all.
    John talks about his behavior at the Fernies....watching a very devastated Patsy but "unable to not bring myself to go to her."
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    John talks about his behavior at the Fernies....watching a very devastated Patsy but "unable to not bring myself to go to her."
    You could take that two ways.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    732

    Angelwings...et al

    that "re-enactment" of the scream was Lou Smit's idea - I just don't think the scream had to have come from the boiler room.

    Toltec - Steve Thomas reported the Burke info in his book - according to White Burke didn't say anything, nor did he cry. (And a Nintendo 64 isn't like a Gameboy, he would have to have detached it from the tv hookup)

    I just thought of something else - if the underwear and longjohns were urine stained anteriorly, maybe her bladder released urine when the garotte was tightened and she died. She obviously was on her stomach, because the knot was in the back - in fact, maybe when that happened, PR realized she had still been alive, and that's when PR screamed. Just a thought...

    I don't understand that comment - "he was unable not to bring himself..."? Does that mean he didn't want to, but did, or that he wanted to, but didn't? Either way it's a strange comment to make.
    Last edited by Bev; 09-09-2006 at 06:09 PM. Reason: add. txt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •