1156 users online (250 members and 906 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116
Results 1,726 to 1,734 of 1734
  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by AlGx View Post
    There was two types of shoe prints found in the wine cellar, where police ever able to identify the second one?
    I haven't heard of a second shoe print. I remember there was a suggestion that another mark on the floor may have been a child's bare footprint, but I think that was a Smit thing and he tends to invent evidence imo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I speak my mind, my opinion only.

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Annapurna View Post
    I haven't heard of a second shoe print. I remember there was a suggestion that another mark on the floor may have been a child's bare footprint, but I think that was a Smit thing and he tends to invent evidence imo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this is what I'm talking about:

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JamesonsForumFootprintInCellar-img039.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	115257  
    “Some cases in particular never leave you. How can you look back on this case 20 years on and not be angry?” - Steve Thomas.

  3. #1728
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by AlGx View Post
    I think this is what I'm talking about:

    Isn't that the Hi-Tek brand shoe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I speak my mind, my opinion only.

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Annapurna View Post
    Isn't that the Hi-Tek brand shoe?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this was the Hi-Tec pic..



    I think the print in this pic looks different.. unless I'm going blind!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JamesonsForumHi-TecBootPrint-img038.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	115320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JamesonsForumFootprintInCellar-img039.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	115321  
    “Some cases in particular never leave you. How can you look back on this case 20 years on and not be angry?” - Steve Thomas.

  5. #1730
    otg's Avatar
    otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,207

    Shoe/Foot Prints in WC

    There have been three different “shoe/foot prints” that have been discussed over the years. From numerous reports (links below), the Ramseys, their friends and relatives, and any suspects were asked about whether or not they owned either Hi-Tec or SAS brand shoes. From published CS photos the questioned prints can be seen. The Hi-Tec logo (what they refer to as the “poon”) is clearly visible in one of the photos. The other print only shows what appears (to me anyway) to be an “X” and a “P” (or possibly an “I” or “T”) in the imprint. I don’t know how (or even if) this imprint is tied to the SAS brand shoe. I’ve looked over the years, but haven’t been able to connect them or even an “XP” to any other brand of shoe. It could be something other than the brand, but investigators somehow connected it to the SAS brand of shoe -- known for “comfort” footwear. Could it stand for something like “Extra Padded” or “Extra Padding?” (I don’t know the answer to this, so I'll leave it to some other sleuther to investigate if they wish.)

    The third “footprint” is nothing more than the delusional speculation of Lou Smit demonstrating (yet again) his ineptitude. He claimed it was a “bare footprint” in the WC that matched the size of his 6-year-old granddaughter. He therefore surmised it was evidence that JonBenet had walked barefoot in that secluded room before she was killed. (See how one misstep in an investigation can lead to false assumptions about everything else?) But the CS photo of that imprint has an ABFO standard scale lying next to it for measurement. ABFO scales are in centimeters -- not inches. Apparently Smit interpreted the ~7 marks on the scale as 7-inches and thought it was the same length as his granddaughter’s foot. But in actuality, the 7 marks on the scale indicate 7-cm (just under 3 inches) and would be about the size of a newborn’s foot (https://cdn.kinsights.com/cache/3b/7...c6cd834f43.jpg).

    Further, the imprint found on the WC floor doesn’t even look like a footprint should look (other than the general shape). The shadows of it in the CS photo appear to be not of a foot, but of some other object that I’ve speculated before might have been a climber’s carabiner (carabiners, or "crabs," come in different sizes and shapes, and mountain climbers use pre-assembled sections of cord and rope with carabiners attached for connecting quickly to their main climbing line.) If (and that's a big IF there) that imprint in the mold on the WC floor was from a carabiner, it could have been that it might have had a piece of Stansport utility cord attached to it and it was from big brother's climbing equipment.

    Typical basic carabiners:





    Years ago, the legendary poster “koldkase” put together these CS photos for comparison. Here is her post from 2009:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...664#post179664


    Here is a quote from a Rocky Mountain News article from December 21, 1997, with the sub-headline “Ramsey investigation on track after a year of disappointment”:

    Within the past two months, police have submitted or resubmitted evidence for testing at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

    Police are trying to identify the source of two kinds of footprints found in the Ramsey house, including the basement. The prints came from SAS shoes and Hi-Tec hiking boots.

    The footprints were discovered the first day of the investigation, but the information was overlooked until the past two months.


    More references to the WC prints:

    http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence...-hand-foot.htm
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...7/12/27-2.html
    http://www.upi.com/Archives/1997/12/...9522881643600/
    http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1997/Jo...6bcbe3a1e0c243
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010303153907/http://denver.rockymountainnews.com:80/extra/ramsey/0208jon.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cheap_carabiners (small).jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	115335  

    All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    There have been three different “shoe/foot prints” that have been discussed over the years. From numerous reports (links below), the Ramseys, their friends and relatives, and any suspects were asked about whether or not they owned either Hi-Tec or SAS brand shoes. From published CS photos the questioned prints can be seen. The Hi-Tec logo (what they refer to as the “poon”) is clearly visible in one of the photos. The other print only shows what appears (to me anyway) to be an “X” and a “P” (or possibly an “I” or “T”) in the imprint. I don’t know how (or even if) this imprint is tied to the SAS brand shoe. I’ve looked over the years, but haven’t been able to connect them or even an “XP” to any other brand of shoe. It could be something other than the brand, but investigators somehow connected it to the SAS brand of shoe -- known for “comfort” footwear. Could it stand for something like “Extra Padded” or “Extra Padding?” (I don’t know the answer to this, so I'll leave it to some other sleuther to investigate if they wish.)

    The third “footprint” is nothing more than the delusional speculation of Lou Smit demonstrating (yet again) his ineptitude. He claimed it was a “bare footprint” in the WC that matched the size of his 6-year-old granddaughter. He therefore surmised it was evidence that JonBenet had walked barefoot in that secluded room before she was killed. (See how one misstep in an investigation can lead to false assumptions about everything else?) But the CS photo of that imprint has an ABFO standard scale lying next to it for measurement. ABFO scales are in centimeters -- not inches. Apparently Smit interpreted the ~7 marks on the scale as 7-inches and thought it was the same length as his granddaughter’s foot. But in actuality, the 7 marks on the scale indicate 7-cm (just under 3 inches) and would be about the size of a newborn’s foot (https://cdn.kinsights.com/cache/3b/7...c6cd834f43.jpg).

    Further, the imprint found on the WC floor doesn’t even look like a footprint should look (other than the general shape). The shadows of it in the CS photo appear to be not of a foot, but of some other object that I’ve speculated before might have been a climber’s carabiner (carabiners, or "crabs," come in different sizes and shapes, and mountain climbers use pre-assembled sections of cord and rope with carabiners attached for connecting quickly to their main climbing line.) If (and that's a big IF there) that imprint in the mold on the WC floor was from a carabiner, it could have been that it might have had a piece of Stansport utility cord attached to it and it was from big brother's climbing equipment.

    Typical basic carabiners:





    Years ago, the legendary poster “koldkase” put together these CS photos for comparison. Here is her post from 2009:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...664#post179664


    Here is a quote from a Rocky Mountain News article from December 21, 1997, with the sub-headline “Ramsey investigation on track after a year of disappointment”:

    Within the past two months, police have submitted or resubmitted evidence for testing at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

    Police are trying to identify the source of two kinds of footprints found in the Ramsey house, including the basement. The prints came from SAS shoes and Hi-Tec hiking boots.

    The footprints were discovered the first day of the investigation, but the information was overlooked until the past two months.


    More references to the WC prints:

    http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence...-hand-foot.htm
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...7/12/27-2.html
    http://www.upi.com/Archives/1997/12/...9522881643600/
    http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1997/Jo...6bcbe3a1e0c243
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010303153907/http://denver.rockymountainnews.com:80/extra/ramsey/0208jon.html
    I wonder if any of her injuries could have been made by a carabiner or something usually kept with one. Or if it was used in any way really. Hi Tek hiking boots (complete with compass) and a carabiner, some rope, I wonder if there is a theme or it's a coincidence. It is Colorado after all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I speak my mind, my opinion only.

  7. #1732
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    49
    Okay, few questions I have! Sorry if the have already been answered.

    1. Was John's DNA found on JB's waistband?
    2. Was there any fibers from the carpet in JB's bedroom found on JB's feet?
    3. Was a brick found with fibers from carpet in basement/living room?
    4. What was the story behind the Showgirl costume? Didn't Patsy realize she had gone a bit too far?
    “Some cases in particular never leave you. How can you look back on this case 20 years on and not be angry?” - Steve Thomas.

  8. #1733
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by AlGx View Post
    Okay, few questions I have! Sorry if the have already been answered.

    1. Was John's DNA found on JB's waistband? No
    2. Was there any fibers from the carpet in JB's bedroom found on JB's feet? We haven't heard if they were
    3. Was a brick found with fibers from carpet in basement/living room? No
    4. What was the story behind the Showgirl costume? Didn't Patsy realize she had gone a bit too far? Patsy? Never.
    Answered above.

  9. #1734
    Quote Originally Posted by AlGx View Post
    Okay, few questions I have! Sorry if the have already been answered.

    1. Was John's DNA found on JB's waistband?
    2. Was there any fibers from the carpet in JB's bedroom found on JB's feet?
    3. Was a brick found with fibers from carpet in basement/living room?
    4. What was the story behind the Showgirl costume? Didn't Patsy realize she had gone a bit too far?
    Re: the showgirl outfit
    It was a duplicate of a costume Patsy had worn back in her pageant days. Actually, JB's was even more elaborate with the big feathered ruff in the back. DeDee posted a picture of Patsy circa 1977 in the costume about midway through this page:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...y-Ramsey/page6

    According to PMPT, it was actually JB's grandma Nedra who came up with the outfit. What a weird family.
    In all, Pam Griffin made half a dozen outfits for JonBenét, some of which cost as much as $ 600. Several of the outfits were not typical pageant attire but more like theatrical costumes. One day Patsy’s mother, Nedra, who occasionally came to Pam’s house with Patsy, showed her a photograph of an outfit with marabou and glitter. Nedra said it was just right for “Patsy’s doll baby,” as she liked to call JonBenét. She thought it would be perfect for the “Anybody from Hollywood” category at the next pageant, where the children could dress as Shirley Temple or Charlie Chaplin or any other star—or, for example, a Las Vegas Ziegfeld Follies showgirl, which Nedra thought would be perfect for JonBenét.
    Photographer Mark Fix described the moment JonBenet debuted the outfit at a May 1996 pageant in Denver to Schiller. It appears Patsy did eventually realize it was too much.
    JonBenét came out in this shocking outfit, and a noticeable murmur went through the room. There were all these feathers, like an ostrich. Someone called it a Ziegfield costume—so much more expensive and elaborate than anyone else’s. You could see it was custom-tailored for her. It was like showing up in a tuxedo when everybody is wearing sandals and T-shirts. Patsy realized she’d overdone it. She was as shocked as everybody else. I don’t think JonBenét ever wore that outfit again, not even in the national pageant that I photographed two months later. In July, at the national finals, JonBenét’s costumes were less frilly. They were still on the cutting edge, but they’d been changed to fit the pageant system.

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116


Similar Threads

  1. Questions (and answers)
    By debirlfan in forum Annie Le
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
  2. Questions we wish we had the answers to
    By docwho3 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM
  3. Questions and Answers
    By dragonfly707 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 12:12 PM